News Cain Velasquez: "Jon Jones is the greatest ever, the greatest ever that you’re ever gonna see"

Cayenne vs Bones, Prison Match… now that would of been one for the ages

How is he betraying DC when he beat DC twice pretty handily?

Nobody has ever beaten the quality of competition Jon has at the finish rate and dominating manner in which he did it. The closest thing to Rua-Jackson-Machida-Evans-Belfort-Sonnen-Gus-Glover-DC-OSP-DC-Gus with 7 finishes is Weidman's Maia-Munoz-Silva-Silva-Machida-Belfort with 4 finishes, imo.
You lost me with the Weidman reference, there’s only three pedigrees that stack up to Jones’s body of work.

1) GSP outwrestling Finch, Kos, & Sheilds … Out-pointing Penn 2x, Diaz & Condit … And finishing Hughes (rematch), Penn (rematch), and Bisping (when he finished them). Such a wide range of skills to accomplish those feats when he did. The all-around skill set to outwork a prime Johny Hendricks is/was also its own category of impressive. The last feat has always convinced me that a prime GSP would still be champ today (key word being “prime”), because of his all-around skill set.

2) Fedor dominating Big Nog 2x, Cro Crop, and Schilt (when he did),
… Finishing Randleman (grappling), Coleman (grappling), Sylvia (striking), and Arlovski (striking)… And doing it with a blend of striking skills, explosiveness, endurance (10 minute First rounds in Pride), and grappling skills no one had seen before. I tell young cats that Fedor was like Muhammad Ali in terms of having skills never seen before at HW, except Fedor had these skills pound for pound! The ultimate you had to have been a fan during his/her prime athlete.

3) Anderson’s complete domination of Franklin 2x, Belfort, & Bonner (not KO’d in prime by Evans or Machida [doctor stoppage], Griffin (Jardine’s KO was Tank Abbot-like compared to Anderson’s - Rashad was losing before he TKO’d Griffin)… His wins in spite of adversity/bad matchups against Sonnen 2x, Henderson.

Last edited:
Jones fought guys past their prime early, in division where he built like monster. When the division caught up he turned to peds, this destroy his personal life. This lead to close fights and subsequent hiatus, until he can fight for belt against newcomer in new division. Nothing special.
So what you're saying is, Jon Jones was never that good.

<LikeReally5>

Everyone who knows anything knows Jones is the best we’ve ever seen.

Only nerds who never competed have some kind of differing opinion.

The only argument is “but steroids” and all the pros know what’s up with that.

There is no denying his skil and aptitude for the fight game - he is levels beyond anyone else. My only gripe about hi. Is a personal one ... he, as an individual, is human garbage.

Someone should tell Cain to say ‘ever’ one more time.

You lost me with the Weidman reference, there’s only three pedigrees that stack up to Jones’s body of work.

1) GSP outwrestling Finch, Kos, & Sheilds … Out-pointing Penn 2x, Diaz & Condit … And finishing Hughes (rematch), Penn (rematch), and Bisping (when he finished them). Such a wide range of skills to accomplish those feats when he did. The all-around skill set to outwork a prime Johny Hendricks is/was also its own category of impressive. The last feat has always convinced me that a prime GSP would still be champ today (key word being “prime”), because of his all-around skill set.

2) Fedor dominating Big Nog 2x, Cro Crop, and Schilt (when he did),
… Finishing Randleman, Coleman, Sylvia, and Arlovski … And doing it with a blend of striking skills, explosiveness, endurance (10 minute First rounds in Pride), and grappling skills no one had seen before. I tell young cats that Fedor was like Muhammad Ali in terms of having skills never seen before at HW, except Fedor had these skills pound for pound! The ultimate you had to have been a fan during his/her prime athlete.

3) Anderson’s complete domination of Franklin 2x, Belfort, & Bonner (not KO’d in prime by Evans or Machida [doctor stoppage], Griffin (Jardine’s KO was Tank Abbot-like compared to Anderson’s - Rashad was losing before he TKO’d Griffin)… His wins in spite of adversity/bad matchups against Sonnen 2x, Henderson.
This guy gets it.
And as a huge GSP fan even I must admit Bones is far and away the MMA GOAT.

GSP for me. Jones number 2. But they're very close.

Khabib might have been a contender if the covid fuckery didn't happen.

Also he didn't benefit from the pre-usada era like those 2 and silva did. That's such a big factor that it makes it unfair to compare the fighters from both eras. Khabib on proper steroids would be scary.

Doesn't make much sense to talk about "ever gonna see" but he's definitely the best we've seen so far.

Back