• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 294 has gone to s***

I have no idea what "very reasons" you are even referring to that would make you think this event would be considered for cancellation, Jon Jones had nothing to do with this event.

That is a very good point. I don't know which one frustrates me more, Charles not coming or even making it into Abu Dhabi or Costa being there for so long and pulling out just as the event was starting to get exciting.

And why is Charles hard sparring so close to the fight knowing anything can happen during a hard spar?

And the UFC knew about Costa's elbow surgery when he did it, so wtf took them so long, especially since he's been there for awhile now?

Dumb shit if you ask me sir.

They need to stop with these top heavy cards.

The UFC pretends it has the best fighters, but it has a shit ton of regional level fighters taking probably 2/3 the roster.

Cut a solid half of them, replace with champions of regional orgs and fucking PAY the money to get the quality talent...

So that if 2 fights fall through the card doesn't go to SHIT.

I personally don't think that is too much to ask from a $12+ Billion company that charges $85 for 5 fucking fights.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Edit:

10 fighters on UFC 294 don't even have Wikipedia pages.
View attachment 1005820
Having a Wiki means absolutely nothing in terms of how good a fighter is lol

It's always happened. A decade ago the whole UFC 151 event was cancelled because of one fight falling through - strongly implying that except for the main event, the whole card was weak from top to bottom. And that's just the one that's easy to remember; undoubtedly there have countless injuries and cancellations beyond that as well.

Im not talking about a decade ago, but beyond.
Pullouts are pretty frequent now sir.

Charles pulls out, and they're about to pull Costa out.
Can we get a few fuckin cards without issues please?
The injuries days away from a fight...what the fuck is that all about.
The weight misses, and the pullout ratio is ridiculously high.

I know a lot of people will say what Im about to say is nostalgia, but I don't remember this much incompetence in all of MMA history.
It's really hard to be a fan with all these things happening all the damn time, then to compound it you have Dana like a retarded puppet master pulling strings left and right...Colby being a perfect example of that.

Then they have a backup fight in Gamrot only they're not going to use him?

What a bumble fuckin mess this "sport" is.

Stop being a baby we got plenty of fights without pullouts.

Last 3-4 ppvs have all been great with no pullouts. this one is the UFC's fault entirely.

The ufc wants to do this homo match making where they Hold a perfectly healthy islam back for atleast 4 months just so he can fight in Dubai, then fine that's on them. They could have just made Beneil vs islam and they could have just fought in june or july but NOOOOOOOOO gotta give everyones boyfriend, Charles Olivera another chance. even though he lost a title ot a scale and got destroyed by islam.

True sir, but it wouldn't hurt for the UFC to actually go after some of the better, more high profile fighters.
Instead they stack the roster with a million contender fights so they can pay them little and cut them without consequence.

Just my thoughts of course sir.

well go on then, tell us. all you've done so far is heavily imply that something fishy is going on, but no one can figure out what the fuck you're trying to say.

I don't have to have all the answers to think something smells funny sir.
Or to think something doesn't make sense.

Stop being a baby we got plenty of fights without pullouts.

Last 3-4 ppvs have all been great with no pullouts. this one is the UFC's fault entirely.

The ufc wants to do this homo match making where they Hold a perfectly healthy islam back for atleast 4 months just so he can fight in Dubai, then fine that's on them. They could have just made Beneil vs islam and they could have just fought in june or july but NOOOOOOOOO gotta give everyones boyfriend, Charles Olivera another chance. even though he lost a title ot a scale and got destroyed by islam.

I don't think the aggression is necessary since I agree with much of what you said here sir.

It doesn't have to be a conspiracy theory brother.
They have a guy ALREADY over there and he was slated as the backup fighter

Why the fuck are they flying their FW champ that just recently had surgery across the world when he has a fight coming up?

Its not a conspiracy to think they had this planned if something happened.
Why not use the guy that's there and had a fight camp sir?
I love when those kind of guys say I'm the conspiracy guy LOL... They can't help themselves, hipocrisy always shows up from time to time.

You could win an oscar StonedLemur, well done. I'm rooting for you! What a bad take right there...

I love when those kind of guys say I'm the conspiracy guy LOL... They can't help themselves, hipocrisy always shows up from time to time.

You could win an oscar StonedLemur, well done. I'm rooting for you! What a bad take right there...

Mine is a bad take lol.

Oscar?

I sure do love watching nameless abu dhabi cab drivers fighting

True sir, but it wouldn't hurt for the UFC to actually go after some of the better, more high profile fighters.
Instead they stack the roster with a million contender fights so they can pay them little and cut them without consequence.

Just my thoughts of course sir.
Oh for sure it's a ridiculous practice. I wasn't contesting that

I don't think the aggression is necessary since I agree with much of what you said here sir.
there's no need to harp like it happens all the time, this year has been great for in this regard.

Lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater here, This one event is cursed, as it should be because the ufc designed it this way.

there's no need to harp like it happens all the time, this year has been great for in this regard.

Lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater here, This one event is cursed, as it should be because the ufc designed it this way.

It happens all the time sir, and I'm not talking about PPV only.

Yes and no. It is a reflection of how professional they are and how committed they and or their team are to their career.

A wiki page is somewhat of a resume or employment profile for a fighter. Given the choice would you hire the guy with a professional resume who has a complete LinkedIn profile or the guy who scribbled his work history on lined paper with a pen?

Which fighter is more likely to have an established fanbase that brings value to the promotion and puts asses in the seats? The guy with active social media who has taken the time to ensure that he appears professional to anyone who looks him up or the guy who couldn't be bothered?

I know you are trying to be edgy or contrarian or whatever but ... think.

Shit happens. To this day it’s hard to believe that Khabib vs Tony fell through 5 fucking times. Five times lol. That’s bananas.

The change to the main event is a bummer, but Volk stepping in is a pretty damn good consolation prize. The guy is an all time great and it’s an interesting rematch.

As for Costa pulling out, don’t really care. Costa has always been unreliable, uninteresting, and simply not that good. We were going to see Khamzat dominate that fight, and we will see him dominate on the 21st against whoever the select. No harm no foul if you ask me.

They need to stop with these top heavy cards.

The UFC pretends it has the best fighters, but it has a shit ton of regional level fighters taking probably 2/3 the roster.

Cut a solid half of them, replace with champions of regional orgs and fucking PAY the money to get the quality talent...

So that if 2 fights fall through the card doesn't go to SHIT.

I personally don't think that is too much to ask from a $12+ Billion company that charges $85 for 5 fucking fights.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Edit:

10 fighters on UFC 294 don't even have Wikipedia pages.
View attachment 1005820

5 of the fighters without wiki pages were regional champions tbf.

I think I actually prefer Volk Vs Islam II and Usman Vs Khamzat if that's what we end up getting.

Back