UFC 294 has gone to s***

I think I actually prefer Volk Vs Islam II and Usman Vs Khamzat if that's what we end up getting.

Thats only half the problem.
They fucked Gamrot over with this change.
He has paid for a camp, airfare, and hotels sir.

And Islams first 2 defenses are against a guy from the weight class below him?
That's straight up weak to be honest.

Shit happens. To this day it’s hard to believe that Khabib vs Tony fell through 5 fucking times. Five times lol. That’s bananas.

The change to the main event is a bummer, but Volk stepping in is a pretty damn good consolation prize. The guy is an all time great and it’s an interesting rematch.

As for Costa pulling out, don’t really care. Costa has always been unreliable, uninteresting, and simply not that good. We were going to see Khamzat dominate that fight, and we will see him dominate on the 21st against whoever the select. No harm no foul if you ask me.
Theres more to it than that.

Thats only half the problem.
They fucked Gamrot over with this change.
He has paid for a camp, airfare, and hotels sir.

And Islams first 2 defenses are against a guy from the weight class below him?
That's straight up weak to be honest.

Guys get paid when they weigh in as backup. Presumably he'll still do that as with Volk taking it on short notice you never know about the weight (although I'd assume Volk is professional enough to make it)

Yes and no. It is a reflection of how professional they are and how committed they and or their team are to their career.

A wiki page is somewhat of a resume or employment profile for a fighter. Given the choice would you hire the guy with a professional resume who has a complete LinkedIn profile or the guy who scribbled his work history on lined paper with a pen?

Which fighter is more likely to have an established fanbase that brings value to the promotion and puts asses in the seats? The guy with active social media who has taken the time to ensure that he appears professional to anyone who looks him up or the guy who couldn't be bothered?

I know you are trying to be edgy or contrarian or whatever but ... think.
Not trying to be anything. Looking at if a fighter has a Wiki is pointless for assessing the fan base of fighters in certain regions (like a lot of these Russian fighters) because it's not a heavily used resource. Guys like Khabib, Islam, Amasov, and dozens of others had very large fan bases in their scene but no exposure here. When UFC looks for fighters they look for ones who are prominent in their own region, not the US market. That's the promoters job.

Guys get paid when they weigh in as backup. Presumably he'll still do that as with Volk taking it on short notice you never know about the weight (although I'd assume Volk is professional enough to make it)

He hasn't weighed in yet.
Also, he gets show money...whipped dee doo.

Im sure thats gonna just pay for the camp, cars, food, hotels.
Nevermind the physical/mental process of getting ready for all of this.

Happy to hear that.

Do you happen to know who and which organizations?

Muin Gafurov was LFA champ
Victoria Dudakova was Open FC champ in Russia
Mohammed Yahya was UAE Warriors champ
Victor Henry was Lights Out champ (kind of a small org tbh but he's fought and won in RIZIN and beat their current FW champ Kanehara so he's got a good pedigree)
Shara Bullet was Nashe Delo champ and would have been RCC champ if they'd had a belt at the time . Either way he was the hottest prospect in Russia.

Kamaru Usman possibly has agreed verbally to fight chimaev.

Fuck yeah.

Man, that would go a long way towards righting this train wreck.

You could argue that both Usman vs Khamzat and Volk vs Islam are upgrades.

But it would remain a bit of a negative that both fights would be short notice.

And the longstanding issue of top heavy cards with insufficient established fighters still remains, which the UFC seems quite steadfast in their resolve to refuse to learn no matter how many times 1-2 fights falling through has had a disasterous impact on events.

Not trying to be anything. Looking at if a fighter has a Wiki is pointless for assessing the fan base of fighters in certain regions (like a lot of these Russian fighters) because it's not a heavily used resource. Guys like Khabib, Islam, Amasov, and dozens of others had very large fan bases in their scene but no exposure here. When UFC looks for fighters they look for ones who are prominent in their own region, not the US market. That's the promoters job.

Who do you think wins the exchange in your av? Lol

He hasn't weighed in yet.
Also, he gets show money...whipped dee doo.

Im sure thats gonna just pay for the camp, cars, food, hotels.
Nevermind the physical/mental process of getting ready for all of this.

He was backup anyway. The deal with being a backup is you're there to weigh in if someone misses weight. It doesn't guarantee you first dibs if something goes away and they have time to find a better replacement

It's outside of people's control.

Shit happens.

A lot more goes right with the UFC than goes wrong considering the amount of shows the promotion puts on in a year.

<Fedor23>

Muin Gafurov was LFA champ
Victoria Dudakova was Open FC champ in Russia
Mohammed Yahya was UAE Warriors champ
Victor Henry was Lights Out champ (kind of a small org tbh but he's fought and won in RIZIN and beat their current FW champ Kanehara so he's got a good pedigree)
Shara Bullet was Nashe Delo champ and would have been RCC champ if they'd had a belt at the time . Either way he was the hottest prospect in Russia.
Awesome. Thank you for sharing that knowledge.

Shara Bullet is a fighter I have heard about for a long time and I'm excited to see how he performs in the UFC. I thought I saw him placed really early on the card which struck me as unusual, hopefully that changes as I hope he makes and immediate impact and that if he does that as many fans can see it.

Is there anyone else on the card (guys you mentioned or other) that you have high hopes for or would consider promising prospects?

He was backup anyway. The deal with being a backup is you're there to weigh in if someone misses weight. It doesn't guarantee you first dibs if something goes away and they have time to find a better replacement

Ok, so if you were the backup we can safely say you wouldn't expect to fight if something got fucked up?

Gotcha.

In that exact exchange? Shit was dead even lol.

As on now in the manga...fuck I don't even know anymore. Both of them are so much stronger than before.

Yeah that exact exchange lol.
I feel like the guy on the left was in more control lol

I find it very odd how they do that.

For example I think I read that Sergei Pavlovich is supposed to be backup for Jones vs Stipe but Jones said he wouldn't fight him if Stipe pulls out and has previously said he will never accept a short notice opponent switch.

So whats the point? Saving face?

(Yeah we tried but durr Jon doesn't want to fight)
<31>

I like the idea of the backup to save the event with a guy PREPARED to make weight and fight but it seems to need more flushing out and proper contractual agreement by all parties.

Yeah that exact exchange lol.
I feel like the guy on the left was in more control lol
For Context the guy on left (Sendo) is a brawler style boxer and the guy on the right (Ippo) is an infighter. Guy on the Left deals heavy damage early on but gets his body torn up and eventually KOd with vicious combo by the guy on the right

For Context the guy on left (Sendo) is a brawler style boxer and the guy on the right (Ippo) is an infighter. Guy on the Left deals heavy damage early on but gets his body torn up and eventually KOd with vicious combo by the guy on the right

Now I wanna see the fight and I don't even like anime lol.

Now I wanna see the fight and I don't even like anime lol.
It's called Hajime no Ippo. It's a fucking great anime for people who are into combat sports because it uses accurate techniques and strategies (models characters after real boxers) and the author boxed and brings in boxers as consultants. I saw videos of Pro fighters reacting to it on YouTube and they all were shocked by the accuracy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back