News [UPDATE] Khamzat Chimaev Vs. Kamaru Usman Now OFFICIAL for UFC 294. Costa Out of Fight.

Costa knew he wasn't going to win and yet you had idiots on here claiming he would lol.

This news sucks for everyone involved.

Don’t forget that this fight has the UFC as the AC. So I need to hear from the actual Doctor that they refuse to clear Costa.

Everything goes on Yas Island.

I second this ..we need a DR confirmation...

Its not ducking if its medical...Costa didnt give himself Staphylococcus and he didnt give himself surgery just so he doesnt have to fight Khamzat...this is just idiotic to think..not everything is a duck

So if it's confirmed its just shit luck...or in Khamzat case just luck

Getting Costa to fight is like booking Khabib vs Tony Ferg. It seems doomed this guy fights again!

I get that the guy has form here but wtf are people expecting him to do - fight with a fucked up staph in his arm?

He's out and afaik theres no real evidence its his fault - move on and get a replacement fixed.

khamzat-chimaev-khamzat.gif

Wow! Very interesting fight. Is it still at 185?

Guy has staph and isn't cleared. I'm gobsmacked at all the Sherbros stating he is pulling out
This. He literally had surgery, flew to the location and was ready to fight. Now it’s predictable he wouldn’t be cleared after just having the surgery, but this one wasn’t his fault or him pulling out

Per Dana White's insta story, Costa is indeed out and he is being replaced by former Welterweight champion Kamaru Usman!

Not all that interested in this fight. At 170 -- especially a while ago -- Usman vs. Chimaev would have been huge. But these days I would have rather had Kamaru fight Belal and had any actual Middleweight fight Khamzat.

Staphylococcus the official report forces and i mean forces Costa off the card...

Undersized Opponent steps in...how surprising..

Wow two Brazilians fall off the same card due to separate medical related issues...

Man .... Thats some Halloween Voodoo at play.

I love me an underdog thooo so lets go Usman!!!

I think it gets more difficult for Chimaev as the main downside of short notice for Usman is the cardio while Usman is initially way better in later rounds than Chimaev
:meow:

Back