News [UPDATE] Khamzat Chimaev Vs. Kamaru Usman Now OFFICIAL for UFC 294. Costa Out of Fight.

Usman is much more skilled than Costa. It sort of doesn't count either if Usman loses because its not at WW. But still might be able to earn him a title at MW? IDK. If you beat Usman, I feel like that's bigger than Vettori/Cannonier/Strickland skill wise. Of course even if Khamzat steamrolls Usman you're going to have threads like "Khamzat hasn't fought a real MW, he doesn't deserve a top fight!".

I'm intrigued they went this direction as this kind of guarantees Strickland vs DDP, no?

Because if Khamzat couldn't get a MW title shot off a win over the #2 WW, why would he get a shot off a win over the #1 WW?

U Fuck dirt mouth is on par with Wand's wanna fuck Chuck. That's a rippa!!

He's such a shit talk breath :)

Borz doesn’t get a MW TS for beating Usman at MW, does he?

That pretty much locks up a rematch with Izzy. Or Dricus for the next MW TS.

Khamzat can't make 170, so catchweight or 185.
Which is bad for Usman, even short notice he probably can easily make 175

As soon as I saw him on Ariel’s show Monday, I had a feeling he wouldn’t be cleared. Should have met with the doctors to avoid him making the flight lol.

Hope Usman starches him.

Hope he's going to be ok Staph aint no joke and if it's resisting the antibiotics it's best to keep him away from other fighters. Don't want to risk spreading that to Kaz.

Actually not bad at all.

I don't think people realize Usman is a big boy lol.

This makes it harder for Chimaev, especially if it's only three rounds.

So fucking funny seeing these guys want to fight Khamzat at 205. Hope Costa never fights Khamzat again and keeps getting booked with unknown dangerous guys like Ikram.

Lol Abu Dhabi would let him come in at 195 and fight with ebola. He may legit be injured but HEs the one pulling out

Khamzat can't make 170, so catchweight or 185.
Which is bad for Usman, even short notice he probably can easily make 175

marty walks around well over 200. He’ll just have to cut a lot less now. He’ll be more than fine. He always said he wanted to fight at MW but didn’t move up cuz Izzy was champ. now that Izzy isn’t the champ, Kamaru could fight Strickland next if he goes out and beats Khamzat in impressive fashion.

Back