All Time GOAT poll

I guess you just have to really ask yourself if we’ve ever seen someone better. Even DC acknowledged that Jon didn’t need PEDs. Same with Chael. The skill, natural ability, grit, and raw strength is just undeniable.

A clean Jon Jones would have been even better. The version that we got was only tapping a fraction of his potential. He aced this sport while being an addicted fuck up, and that’s just hard for a lot of people to accept.

Steroids is such a tired argument, there’s sooooo many reasons he’s not the goat that no one brings up. Sometimes I think it’s a psyop

“I hate jones soooo much, he’s not the goat cause he’s a drug cheat! But at the same time I do accept that everyone is on steroids, so he basically is, but I’m going to keep saying his tests are why he isn’t! Wahhhh!”

on the fence about it. i do think him cheating put him at an unfair advantage because nobody he fought ever tested positive when they fought him. on the other hand, i know professional sports and i would not be shocked if his opponents were on something too. the other part that can't be denied is, we all saw him beat the fuck out of the vast majority of his opponents. even DC counts his KO loss to Jon as a loss and not a NC.

but the logical and simple answer to your question is: he can be the GOAT to anyone because it is a made up unofficial title that has no standards or rules that must be followed and there is no widely accepted system that can be referred to when arguing who is a "GOAT". nearly everything about this title is heavily opinionated and of personal preference.

the GOAT for me is Fedor Emelianenko, and i do not care what anyone has to say because their opinions on the matter mean nothing to me.

It's a professional sport, very competitive and you being able to have a good career and provide for your family depends on whether you can keep winning. I think it's crazy to assume most guys aren't on something, I assume most top fighters are. If you go into a sport full of roidheads, it's pretty arrogant to think you can be champ without taking anything right? People will look for any little advantage they can get.

Most fighters have visibly cheated in one way or another right? Whether it be eye pokes, grabbing the fence, grabbing a glove, grabbing the shorts etc.. DC grabbing the towel to make weight and eye poking Stipe. Kelvin gastelum leaning on his coach to make weight. GSP getting greased up etc..

I think the number of people on gear in pro sports in general is extremely underestimated by a lot of people. There have been times in certain Olympic events where every top athlete tested positive yet now records are still being broken... Natural athletes are beating records set by PED users?? Not likely. USADA makes it harder for guys to be juiced to the gills but fighters can still get away with it they just have to be more careful. It took a bit of adjusting for some fighters.

Also USADA has done shady shit themselves like asking fighters to snitch in order to avoid a longer suspension, giving Mayweather a banned iv etc..

I guess you just have to really ask yourself if we’ve ever seen someone better. Even DC acknowledged that Jon didn’t need PEDs. Same with Chael. The skill, natural ability, grit, and raw strength is just undeniable.

A clean Jon Jones would have been even better. The version that we got was only tapping a fraction of his potential. He aced this sport while being an addicted fuck up, and that’s just hard for a lot of people to accept.
I have always hated that narrative.

The whole “he never needed them, he would have won anyway”.

If this fella was juicing since his early 20’s, with one of the most advantageous physiques in the history of combat, how can we start assuming that he would have just always been great.

Would he have a worse gas tank? Less speed? Less explosiveness?

It’s impossible to know.

{<BJPeen}You guys are insufferable.
Bisping Chuck Randy GSP FEDOR Or STIPE ARE NOT AND WILL NEVER BE
P4P THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME. get over it.
NOBODY BEATS PRIME JON JONES NOBODY
the only people capable of such feat was DC maybe prime Cain, or PRIME Anderson
with intense wrestling training. other than that its a done deal.

gsp bisping anderson henry chuck
rampage wonderboy tj dillashaw uriah faber fedor stipe doesnt matter
everybody is on something. legal or not.
this isnt some ancient kung fu anime tournament where
you use herbs, tea or prayer for a power up boost.
senzu beans arent real people.
<codychoke>

Which of the goats didn't use peds? Is Mighty Mouse the real GOAT?

The argument is rather simple (I don't believe it or agree with it). It goes as follows,

"Jon Jones is a heavyweight. Jones is undefeated (sans Hamill). If he fought any of the other greats in the cage he would be favored either due to size or skill or a combination of both."

You might believe Fedor would have handed him his ass. I'm just the messenger here

Lots of people consider Tom Brady the GOAT…

Even after the whole “Deflate Gate” thing.

Everyone uses PEDs including your favorite fighters. Jones deliberately using eyepokes is disgusting though. Never a GOAT candidate for me every time I watch his old fights and see him lunging at guys with his fingers outstretched towards their eyes. Guy literally had raked his fingers over the eyes of multiple fighters obviously deliberately and never even gotten a warning. He literally ran his hands over Glover's face several times knowing he could get away with it. Just pathetic.

Jon is a great fighter but a terrible mixed martial artist. In that a good amount of his repertoire is simply cheating moves designed to blind someone.

If the vast majority need to label you as goat to be the goat then there is no GOAT. I think you'd be hard pressed to find any fighter regardless of pissing hot with more 60% of people thinking they are the undisputed goat
I don't think that's true . Name any other sport where this holds true .

Honest question to Jones fans. I am done arguing with you guys and if in the face of all the evidence , if you still support your boy so be it .

But if sherdog is to represent a microcosm of the world wide MMA community, I believe it is safe to say that half of this community does not believe Jones to be goat due to PED usage.

Don't you all thing that you would at least need a majority of people to believe a fighter is goat before designating this label to him/her?

Doesn't it bother you at all that Jones does not have that support of the MMA community?
The guy has the most PED failures without a life long suspension in the UFC and has only ever really fought in the UFC. Still a great fighter, but he loses some of those close decisions without being on PED's.

{<BJPeen}You guys are insufferable.
Bisping Chuck Randy GSP FEDOR Or STIPE ARE NOT AND WILL NEVER BE
P4P THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME. get over it.
NOBODY BEATS PRIME JON JONES NOBODY
the only people capable of such feat was DC maybe prime Cain, or PRIME Anderson
with intense wrestling training. other than that its a done deal.

gsp bisping anderson henry chuck
rampage wonderboy tj dillashaw uriah faber fedor stipe doesnt matter
everybody is on something. legal or not.
this isnt some ancient kung fu anime tournament where
you use herbs, tea or prayer for a power up boost.
senzu beans arent real people.
<codychoke>
Both Gustavsson and Reyes arguably did beat him.

If you ignore his personal life, he is clearly one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time. Period.

Back