PBP UFC 294 - Makhachev vs. Volkanovski 2 Main Card PBP Discussion: Sat 10/21 at 2PM ET / 11AM PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unfortunate that this rematch had to happen under these circumstances. Volk is a gamer but this wasn't a great idea

Cleft lip usman should've been a 5 round fight. No dominance was shown, usman started lighting up cleft in round 3, cleft was on usmans back in round 1 just waiting, other that that a lot of posturing.

F8_TJT7W0AAcxLT

Much respect to Islam for getting it done with a head kick. Oliveira might as well move to 170. I also wish Volk kept his focus on 145

Destroyed.

The strength difference looked massive.

Not surprised that head kick got him the second time
The first one he threw it looked like Volk didn't even block it really. It was obviously there to be taken

Never liked the idea of Volk taking this fight anyway

Taking the fight on a week notice and subsequently taking brain damage isn't the best strat for a 35 year old FW.

Its almost like weight classes exist for a reason and volk shouldn't have ever gotten a title shot to begin with. Volk gets volkanized by the top 10 and would never get a title shot if he had to earn it. Again there is a reason why Volk cuts all that weight to make FW.
Exactly

And now the phony marketing machine will push Islam as some all time great because he beat a 145er on short notice

Beggining of the end for Volk? He didnt took much of a beating, but sometimes a KO and age its all it takes, Makhachev just softened him for Topuria.

Man, I'm old. I hit my big toe on the edge of the door at high speeds when it was 30 degrees and I was in enough pain to question giving up for the day. These guys are otherworldly tough.
My dog jumped on my balls when I was laying down in bed and I took the day off of work. Lucky I didn’t need to go to the UFC 294 doctor for a medical certificate

So Volk and Islam is 1-1. Rubbermatch on neutral ground.

Back