Television LOKI TV Series (Season 2 Finale)

If you have seen the entire first season of LOKI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Yes everyone that's the Big Bad of this phase, heir apparent to Thanos, crawling around on the floor, hiding from bearded, potbellied goofballs while carnival music boomps in the background.

Kevin Feige deemed Daredevil to be too bad to release, but he was fine with Loki. Jesus.

Marvel needs to replace him before Phase VI. Practically every thing they make now is garbage.
The issue is giving inexperienced directors the helm while also still not giving full creative control. On top of that, the writers got squeezed and can’t really put anything good out.

Before I realised it was a stammer, I thought he was doing a Shatner impression.

Before I realised it was a stammer, I thought he was doing a Shatner impression.

Do not invoke the God-Emperor's name. The fucking Gorn was a more menacing Big Bad than Kang the C-C-Conqueror:rolleyes:

So far I don’t give a shit about the story in Loki. It’s just not interesting and I don’t feel there are any stakes in it. I don’t give a shot about timelines being pruned and the like.

That all said, I will keep watching purely on the actors and their performances. It sucks cause they all work so freaking well together but the sorry just isn’t up to par

So far I don’t give a shit about the story in Loki. It’s just not interesting and I don’t feel there are any stakes in it. I don’t give a shot about timelines being pruned and the like.

That all said, I will keep watching purely on the actors and their performances. It sucks cause they all work so freaking well together but the sorry just isn’t up to par

Nailed it. Marvel used to be able to pair talented actors with elite writers, and doing so produced some of the best films of the genre - Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War etc. Now, while they still have some of that acting talent available, the writing is all too often dog-shit.

Man, I feel like people are really missing the point when it comes to Kang, and they spelled it out more in this last episode.
He's not THAT GUY yet. He's not even one guy. He has all of these parts to him through time that are going to eventually make him a beast. I think that's a lot more interesting than just another Thanos.
He should be in multiple movies in the future since his story has to do with the Multiverse---plenty of time to continue to build him up.

Man, I feel like people are really missing the point when it comes to Kang, and they spelled it out more in this last episode.
He's not THAT GUY yet. He's not even one guy. He has all of these parts to him through time that are going to eventually make him a beast. I think that's a lot more interesting than just another Thanos.
He should be in multiple movies in the future since his story has to do with the Multiverse---plenty of time to continue to build him up.

Disagree. Thanos was interesting and intimidating from his first appearance in Avengers, and he didn't even have any lines. Hell, you only saw his face in profile, and that was enough to give the fans Nerdgasams.

Kang the Conqueror is 0 - 2 so far. And one of those losses was to fucking Ant Man. Now, I'm happy to admit that Paul Rudd is a Goddamn national treasure. But Ant Man was never a heavyweight. And that version of Kang was supposed to be one of the most dangerous and aggressive which is why the Council of Ricks(;))exiled him in the first place.

So Victor T-T-Timely will eventually become He Who Remains? Big fucking deal. HWR already committed Suicide by Loki in the first season. V-V-V-Victor is just going to grow up to be a pussy. Again.

Kang is a shit-tier Big Bad. Marvel need to use Major's legal problems as an excuse to kick the Conqueror to the curb and replace him with a Villain who actually does have gravitas and a sense of danger. Heel Magneto and Dr Doom are the obvious choices, but Marvel will almost certainly want to save them until they reboot the entire MCU after Secret Wars(if that movie ever gets made).

In the meantime, use the Multiverse to give us Captain Hydra America, or Dark Reign Norman Osborn/Iron Patriot. FFS, I'd take Red Skull at this point, and he looks like a Sith Lord's ghost:rolleyes:

Disagree. Thanos was interesting and intimidating from his first appearance in Avengers, and he didn't even have any lines. Hell, you only saw his face in profile, and that was enough to give the fans Nerdgasams.

Kang the Conqueror is 0 - 2 so far. And one of those losses was to fucking Ant Man. Now, I'm happy to admit that Paul Rudd is a Goddamn national treasure. But Ant Man was never a heavyweight. And that version of Kang was supposed to be one of the most dangerous and aggressive which is why the Council of Ricks(;))exiled him in the first place.

So Victor T-T-Timely will eventually become He Who Remains? Big fucking deal. HWR already committed Suicide by Loki in the first season. V-V-V-Victor is just going to grow up to be a pussy. Again.

Kang is a shit-tier Big Bad. Marvel need to use Major's legal problems as an excuse to kick the Conqueror to the curb and replace him with a Villain who actually does have gravitas and a sense of danger. Heel Magneto and Dr Doom are the obvious choices, but Marvel will almost certainly want to save them until they reboot the entire MCU after Secret Wars(if that movie ever gets made).

In the meantime, use the Multiverse to give us Captain Hydra America, or Dark Reign Norman Osborn/Iron Patriot. FFS, I'd take Red Skull at this point, and he looks like a Sith Lord's ghost:rolleyes:
At this point I’d take anyone from multiverse Ultron to Necro-Thanos to literally ANYONE else.

Then again, I haven’t paid for an MCU movie since no way home.

Exactly. At no point should the heavy be made to look weak or foolish. It devalues him as an Avengers level threat. When the time comes for the final battle there should be a feeling of risk, that even though you know that the good guys will win in the end that it'll be close, and that not everyone will live happily ever after. Add of right now, Kang just might be the least threatening threat the MCU has fielded.

Thanos is a lot more well known and naturally has that aura to him with fans. Kang isn't as well known. They're a different kind of big bad, and I think some variety in how villains are portrayed is a good thing.

You're missing the point and potential of the character. Who knows if/when Thanos will ever be back in the MCU? He dead.
Kang is timeless. He doesn't need to be his best version right now in a Loki series. While I also hated how he was done in Quantumania, I can overlook that since he's at the beginning of his journey as a character. Anything having to do with the multiverse in the MCU is going to have to include him, and that connects him to potentially everything, including the next Avengers movie, Secret Wars, and the F4 at least.
These are projects that are years away, and we still don't really know what Kang wants and who he is. I think in the end, his transformation over time will be satisfying. It seems like this season of Loki might be his real starting point.
They'll be plenty of time for the likes of Doom and Magneto after they wrap up the multiverse arc.

At this point I’d take anyone from multiverse Ultron to Necro-Thanos to literally ANYONE else.

Then again, I haven’t paid for an MCU movie since no way home.

Same here. No Way Home was the last MCU movie I watched, period.

Thanos is a lot more well known and naturally has that aura to him with fans. Kang isn't as well known. They're a different kind of big bad, and I think some variety in how villains are portrayed is a good thing.

You're missing the point and potential of the character. Who knows if/when Thanos will ever be back in the MCU? He dead.
Kang is timeless. He doesn't need to be his best version right now in a Loki series. While I also hated how he was done in Quantumania, I can overlook that since he's at the beginning of his journey as a character. Anything having to do with the multiverse in the MCU is going to have to include him, and that connects him to potentially everything, including the next Avengers movie, Secret Wars, and the F4 at least.
These are projects that are years away, and we still don't really know what Kang wants and who he is. I think in the end, his transformation over time will be satisfying. It seems like this season of Loki might be his real starting point.
They'll be plenty of time for the likes of Doom and Magneto after they wrap up the multiverse arc.

You know the old saying, "If you have to explain a joke, it wasn't funny in the first place"? The same rule applies here. The very fact that we're having this conversation, with the MCU trying to reassure fans that Kang will eventually become more impressive and threatening, means he doesn't have the potential to be a truly great Big Bad.

Do you really think they'd have to build up Magneto or Doctor Doom in this way? The reason Kang isn't well known among comic book fans is because, frankly, he's always been a bit crap. He's Diet Doctor Doom. He has some of the same abilities - Powered Armour with built in weapons that enhances his strength and durability, Super Genius etc - but is nowhere near as cool or menacing. Hell, in the comics, he only becomes a villain after finding the remains of one of Doom's old time machines. Kang's whole career has been built on Victor von Doom's sloppy seconds.

Truly iconic Big Bads has always been one of the MCU's weakest points. Apart from Thanos himself, the only ones who stood out were Red Skull, Green Goblin and Wilson Fisk. Thanos is dead, Red Skull is a ghost and Green Goblin is back in his own part of the Multiverse(and the MCU-verse canonically doesn't have it's own Norman Osborn). That only leaves Wilson Fisk. And while most fans, including myself, adored D' Onoferio's portrayal of the Kingpin in the Netflix Daredevil series, the version we got in Hawkeye was so watered-down, he was a pale shadow of the Magnificent Bastard we all know and love. And going by the leaks from Daredevil: Born Again, I have no confidence that will change.

Heroes are only as great as their Villains. The MCU needs a Big Bad who exudes menace, ruthlessness and vision. He needs to be an utter bastard, yes, but one the audience can love to hate. He needs to look and act cool, and have the courage to put himself at risk for what he believes in. The truly great Bad Guys are the ones who believe they are the Heroes, and have the muscle to back it up. Kang, with his s-s-s-stutter and stupid hair, hiding under desks from people he's conned, isn't that. And no matter how they try to build him up, he never will be.

You know the old saying, "If you have to explain a joke, it wasn't funny in the first place"? The same rule applies here. The very fact that we're having this conversation, with the MCU trying to reassure fans that Kang will eventually become more impressive and threatening, means he doesn't have the potential to be a truly great Big Bad.

Do you really think they'd have to build up Magneto or Doctor Doom in this way? The reason Kang isn't well known among comic book fans is because, frankly, he's always been a bit crap. He's Diet Doctor Doom. He has some of the same abilities - Powered Armour with built in weapons that enhances his strength and durability, Super Genius etc - but is nowhere near as cool or menacing. Hell, in the comics, he only becomes a villain after finding the remains of one of Doom's old time machines. Kang's whole career has been built on Victor von Doom's sloppy seconds.

Truly iconic Big Bads has always been one of the MCU's weakest points. Apart from Thanos himself, the only ones who stood out were Red Skull, Green Goblin and Wilson Fisk. Thanos is dead, Red Skull is a ghost and Green Goblin is back in his own part of the Multiverse(and the MCU-verse canonically doesn't have it's own Norman Osborn). That only leaves Wilson Fisk. And while most fans, including myself, adored D' Onoferio's portrayal of the Kingpin in the Netflix Daredevil series, the version we got in Hawkeye was so watered-down, he was a pale shadow of the Magnificent Bastard we all know and love. And going by the leaks from Daredevil: Born Again, I have no confidence that will change.

Heroes are only as great as their Villains. The MCU needs a Big Bad who exudes menace, ruthlessness and vision. He needs to be an utter bastard, yes, but one the audience can love to hate. He needs to look and act cool, and have the courage to put himself at risk for what he believes in. The truly great Bad Guys are the ones who believe they are the Heroes, and have the muscle to back it up. Kang, with his s-s-s-stutter and stupid hair, hiding under desks from people he's conned, isn't that. And no matter how they try to build him up, he never will be.
Well that analogy doesn't work at all because we're talking about character progression, not whether or not a joke is funny, or whether or not Kang is a bad ass right now. He isn't. Yet. That's the beauty of progression and story.

Walter White didn't start off as criminal mastermind, he grew into one. Hitler was a bitch ass painter before he came the most evil guy in modern history. Lucifer was a pretty boy angel that threw a temper tantrum to God before he was cast down into hell and became the devil. There is no need for a hero or a villain to immediately be a badass, especially if you want this person to exist for a long time in film. And a character like Kang is literally timeless. Marvel has some great bad guys, but I don't think it'll work long term just have different versions of an evil bad ass that more or less is after the same thing. Kang is unique in his story and what he can do.
I think a lot of the more recent work of Kang has been good, and in general, I think there's a ton of room to expand his story, especially if he's being played by an actor like Majors.

He obviously isn't going to have a stutter and stupid hair when he reaches his final form. That episode was literally him starting to find out about who he was, and who he will be. This version of him isn't even necessarily him. He can take the experiences of all of these different versions of himself at different times and be a new, improved Kang.
Hey, I love great bad guys too, and I think they're just as, if not more important than the heroes in term ofs troy. But I think you guys are sleeping on Kang. His story has barely begun.

Well that analogy doesn't work at all because we're talking about character progression, not whether or not a joke is funny, or whether or not Kang is a bad ass right now. He isn't. Yet. That's the beauty of progression and story.

Walter White didn't start off as criminal mastermind, he grew into one. Hitler was a bitch ass painter before he came the most evil guy in modern history. Lucifer was a pretty boy angel that threw a temper tantrum to God before he was cast down into hell and became the devil. There is no need for a hero or a villain to immediately be a badass, especially if you want this person to exist for a long time in film. And a character like Kang is literally timeless. Marvel has some great bad guys, but I don't think it'll work long term just have different versions of an evil bad ass that more or less is after the same thing. Kang is unique in his story and what he can do.
I think a lot of the more recent work of Kang has been good, and in general, I think there's a ton of room to expand his story, especially if he's being played by an actor like Majors.

He obviously isn't going to have a stutter and stupid hair when he reaches his final form. That episode was literally him starting to find out about who he was, and who he will be. This version of him isn't even necessarily him. He can take the experiences of all of these different versions of himself at different times and be a new, improved Kang.
Hey, I love great bad guys too, and I think they're just as, if not more important than the heroes in term ofs troy. But I think you guys are sleeping on Kang. His story has barely begun.

Red Skull, Thanos, Kingpin and Green Goblin were Bad Ass Motherfuckers right out of the gate. There was no need to convince the fans these guys were serious threats to the Heroes, because we could see it with our own eyes. They started off dangerous and just got scarier and more powerful as time went on.

Kang has appeared in Loki S1, Quantummania and now Loki S2. And he's no more impressive now than when he started. If anything, his sense of danger and threat has degraded. That's why we're sleeping on him. Because he's shit.

Red Skull, Thanos, Kingpin and Green Goblin were Bad Ass Motherfuckers right out of the gate. There was no need to convince the fans these guys were serious threats to the Heroes, because we could see it with our own eyes. They started off dangerous and just got scarier and more powerful as time went on.

Kang has appeared in Loki S1, Quantummania and now Loki S2. And he's no more impressive now than when he started. If anything, his sense of danger and threat has degraded. That's why we're sleeping on him. Because he's shit.

You're hung up on a "need to convince" the fans. That's not how I see it. I don't 'need' to be convinced, because right now Kang is not a bad ass. He's not supposed to be right now. He doesn't even know who he will become yet. Time is irrelevant to him.
The show said this Victor Timely was a variant, so we don't even know who the actual Kang will ultimately be yet.

I don't really get your argument, it's like being mad that a villain has an origin's story where he doesn't start out as a beast. It would make more sense if he was only in one movie and they shit the bed. But he's going to be in the MCU for the next few years at least. The danger and cool factor of this character is that he can get his ass kicked, go train in the future, and come back to demolish. It's a much different power set and mindset from the typical big bad.
I know you don't like the character anyways, but you're just ignoring the nature of the character. He travels back in time to train his younger self to be the the conquerer. He does fail, and when he does, he works on himself to become stronger for the next round.
BHRvLQTWtC8XrMeWyjNepb-1200-80.jpg

kang005.jpg
Say what you will now, I think you're gonna be eating some humble pie in the future. (assuming they don't cancel Majors) ;)

You're hung up on a "need to convince" the fans. That's not how I see it. I don't 'need' to be convinced, because right now Kang is not a bad ass. He's not supposed to be right now. He doesn't even know who he will become yet. Time is irrelevant to him.
The show said this Victor Timely was a variant, so we don't even know who the actual Kang will ultimately be yet.

I don't really get your argument, it's like being mad that a villain has an origin's story where he doesn't start out as a beast. It would make more sense if he was only in one movie and they shit the bed. But he's going to be in the MCU for the next few years at least. The danger and cool factor of this character is that he can get his ass kicked, go train in the future, and come back to demolish. It's a much different power set and mindset from the typical big bad.
I know you don't like the character anyways, but you're just ignoring the nature of the character. He travels back in time to train his younger self to be the the conquerer. He does fail, and when he does, he works on himself to become stronger for the next round.
View attachment 1008056

View attachment 1008054
Say what you will now, I think you're gonna be eating some humble pie in the future. (assuming they don't cancel Majors) ;)

Time Travel is boring AF. It pretty much negates consequences because the Hero or Villain can always go back/forward and change things. It's a Trope that should be used very sparingly, not made central to the character. Doctor Who can pull it off, but that show is the exception rather than the rule.

Kang going back in time to train himself just makes me roll my eyes like Jada after someone's made a GI Jane joke. Same with Timely just being another Variant, and the Kangiest of Kangs not actually having being introduced yet. It's a cop-out because every version of Kang is lame.

You obviously like Kang, and that's fine. I'll wait for the real Big Bads - Magneto and Doom - to get excited about. Assuming the MCU doesn't crash and burn before then due to poor product and diminishing returns. Rumours are that The Marvels, which was very expensive to make, might be the MCU's first legit box office bomb.

Back