Off Limit Jokes

Tuvatuva

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What are some things you think you shouldn't joke about? I think nothing should be off limits unless it's something that's just too close to home and relevant.

For example, I have a friend who sells drugs to his friends, and there are times when I want to yell "It's the cops!" whenever I see him just to see the reaction on his face. Of course I don't because that would be really not cool.

I have Ukrainian and Israeli friends, and I don't joke about the currently ongoing wars happening in their countries. Maybe after the war I will.

Mocking someone's parents or kids, or spouse. Even silly yo mama jokes are mad disrespectful where I came from, but I do it online.

I do your mom online.

Mocking one's partner is crossing the line. Who the hell makes fun of other people's kids? I wouldn't make yo mama jokes to anyone who's not from a culture where that's not commonly accepted.

Cultural factors should be considered to avoid confrontation. One time my friend almost got jumped by these muslim guys because he made a comment about them being drunk when they were acting like assholes. That really pissed them off.

I grew up making racial jokes with friends so it doesn't bother me personally.

People are too sensitive and insecure. I don’t think I’ve ever been offended at a joke that wasn’t intentionally mean spirited. Of course you don’t want to make bad jokes that make people sad either

I would say if it's funny and comes from a good place, it's all good. I would stay away from peoples kids, and genocides. I do think we need to bring back racial jokes. If we can't poke fun at obvious things to bring us all together, that is a loss to me.

Back