Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
It's cool. I am assuming Francis is not coming back to PFL or MMA. This fight pretty much gave him an in for boxing. I would like to see him and Wilder next.

A Wilder fight is huge box office. Francis did not just knock Fury down he outboxed him at times and showed genuine boxing skill.

And Fury was tentative to initiate offense because of of the knockdown.

You don't "let" someone recover to lose rounds and go to a split decision.
Yeah you do. Boxing is famous for fixing fights.

Mike Tyson has openly talked about it on podcasts....

To be fair, that's going to be the problem for PFL.

With massive investment often comes massive outside influence, probably from fly-by-night fans who don't really give much of a shit as long as it's done however they want it done.

At least with the UFC you know Dana would tell them to shove it if they started demanding showy glitzy bullshit that detracted from the fights.

lol Dana would most certainly not turn down money just because it detracted from the fights. In fact, that's the opposite of what he does.

if they were gonna make a power play like that, it’d make a lot more sense to gun for the fury/usyk fight imo or even a jake paul fight would make them more money

You may be right. Either way, Tyson’s manager was very noncommittal in the post fight about Usyk in December. We’ll see what happens.

I'm sure more than a few people will spin that narrative...but the early knockdown makes that argument difficult to defend, IMHO.

Fury was shook and knew his path to victory was technical boxing from the outside, figuring that Francis would overcommit looking for the KO, his supposed 'only way to beat Fury'...except it didn't play out that way.
Also I think Francis was more patient and intelligent than Fury was prepared for.

He didn't have the issues you would have expected:

biting on feints

francis managed distance well

& didn't really get off balance or out of position.

He paced himself to avoid gassing out badly.

you just mad since i was right since day 1 when it comes to Fury ... all i wanted to say is lets wait for the Usyk fight. You guys shouldnt use this performance to boost Usyks chances.

<3>
I have been ignoring your post for a while because you are embarrassingly slow & stupid. You have consistently been the dumbest poster in the boxing section over the past few weeks.
Nobody gives a rat's ass about what your opinion of a top level fighter.

Even if Usyk beats Fury, he's still is the 2nd best HW boxer in the world and still will be favored against AJ, Wilder, Zhang, or Hrgovic...
You have to be a moron to not acknowledge that.

Ya especially dricus du plessis, Francois Botha, mike Bernardo and corrie sanders. I couldn’t agree more sweetheart

see i wouldnt even be upset at your trolling if THE LOVE WAS TRULY RECIPROCATED.....but um
... ddp is a good dutch fighter. love that place too.

Frank dropping fury was electric tv but the fight mostly sucked

We say this with literally every generation… and then a new generation of stars come up. Hahaha
Yep lol

E.g. You can still see Joe Rogan back in 2008 saying that boxing is finished and it will produce no more stars hahaha

lol Dana would most certainly not turn down money just because it detracted from the fights. In fact, that's the opposite of what he does.

They already returned a 9 figure investment deal from Saudi Arabia...

Back