Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
I knew Francis had a solid chin when he took a clean shot from Rozentrak(sp) and barely reacted, but dude seems to also have skin made of Adamantium.
Vibranium
giphy.gif

Don't really want to see it. Ngannou landed the better punches all night long and Fury just came to hug..if he wants to hug why don't they just do it in MMA?

Rather move on to better things. Francis vs Usyk. Fury can do Wilder vs Fury 4 or something.

Yeah you do. Boxing is famous for fixing fights.

Mike Tyson has openly talked about it on podcasts....

So now you are implying that this was a rigged fight.

You must be a nightmare to be friends with. Your stubbornness blinds you to how ridiculous you are coming across.

That's not what everyone was saying before this fight. I like how everyone's thoughts changed after the results.

Eh, ive always thought that. Fury is a fat undisciplined cokehead and overrated as fuck.

Not taking anything away from Ngannou though. Ive said on here, going back years, that he could probably beat some guys in the top 20-30 in boxing and plenty of people said I was insane.

I don’t know if I agree with this I have to think about it

Floyd is a generational talent that never lost and conquered multiple divisions

Fury is the king of what is universally regarded as a painfully weak era for HW boxing and he's been knocked down multiple times in it.

Francis at least was going to have a punchers chance. Conor, not so much

We say this with literally every generation… and then a new generation of stars come up. Hahaha

Boxing is definitely dying. The TV channels are leaving and participation is dropping because parents know now that it's just an all around unhealthy sport for kids to be involved in.

I felt like Ngannou edged it, but I'm not confident enough in my boxing knowledge to call it a robbery.

They all have a crazy history and.did a hell of a job.

John Mbumba: the true boxing coach of this camp.
10 years ago, a homeless migrant named Francis entered his gym in Paris, said he wanted to be a boxing world champion. He trained him for free for a few month, then advised him that mma would be a faster way to make the urgently needed money. And there he is now.

Mike Tyson: did little actual work, but gave it all and was the best possible hypeman. He promised 4 years ago that he would be with him to fight Fury, and he kept his word.

Dewey Cooper: Been with Francis for over 7 years, suffering on the pads. Cleaned the UFC roster with him. Time to give some respect.

Eric Nicksick: impossible is not in his vocabulary
Strickland beats Adesanya
Ngannou takes Fury to razor close decision, knocking him down on the way

Trippe Halle: S&C coach. 272lbs of pure muscle fast strong, able to last 10 rounds of boxing. Enough said.

It seems no one is mentioning the clinch work of Francis, it was beautiful, every blow he lands is powerful and I’m sure when the tape is watched again people will realize why fury was tantative and stunned

I think his cardio and fight IQ have improved tremendously! Every fight he’s added something new to his arsenal: paced himself in the second Stipe fight, and showed a champion’s Fight IQ in the Gane fight.

The only HW I’d favor to beat Francis is Jones because of the wrestling.

I also agree with the commentators, that Francis has the most punching power in all of combat sports.

Before the fight I would have said Wilder sleeps him, but now I don't know. Ngannou does appear to be technically better skilled. He does subtle things like foot placement right and reads feints better than seasoned fighters. It is quite possible that he stands up to Wilder shots and delivers his own power. Who knows but I would pay to see it happen.

Back