Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
He did way better than McGregor. But heavyweight is way different.

If McGregor had actually fought a world champion and not a 40+ yr old retired fighter 3 weight classes below him, he would get killed and embarrassed.

But in both boxing and MMA, natural toughness punching power and ability to take damage are still near the very top of attributes that matter.

MMA doesn’t need vindication

MMA fighter go 10 rounds with boxers regularly

Boxer wouldn’t last a round in MMA

Nguyo would have toyed with Fury in MMA

Huh? Mercer ktfo big tim in like 10 seconds in mma lol

Modern heavyweight boxing has mostly just been us watching two over-sized oafs lean on each other and occasionally throw a big punch at each other. Very similar to MMA heavyweight division actually. Heavyweights of previous times, the Muhammad Ali, Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson type of boxers, were a lot more like the light heavyweights of MMA, with a lot more skill, speed and athleticism involved.

Why? That's not what I said .

you responded to “To be fair, even that 2017 version of Floyd was light years ahead of Fury in skill, athleticism and professionalism.” by saying nobody was saying that before the fight.

Could you show anyone claiming that at all?

Yeah, it does vindicate MMA. An MMA guy with 0 boxing fights took the best HW of the last decade to a split decision in which all the best moments belonged to him. I think that means more than Jake Paul beating up retired former MMA champs, most of whom were career long grapplers.

A knock down can not be a million miles away from a KO. It's a freakin' knockdown.
How many knockdowns exist for every knockout?
Fury was nowhere near knocked out and anyone claiming otherwise is new to combat sports.

And to not only carry Ngannou, but make it appear like he wasn't by getting knocked down and dropping rounds to a split decision that he could have easily lost. Remarkable, really.

He even got a 19 second count from the ref to recover from that knockdown and threw the elbow to really sell the narrative...

I’ve been saying it for a couple of years how marketable Francis was and I was always confused he didn’t have a huge following. That very well may change but the UFC missed their chance.

One of the most exciting fighters of all, built like a Greek god and at HW. Dana fumbled

Yooo this just in Matt Perry from friends just died

Are any of the other big names gonna risk losing to Francis?

Seems like he's now high risk. Will wilder want to risk losing to 0-1 ngannou?

MMA are so incredibly gullible lol.

Fury didn’t even throw punches all fight, now that rematch is going to cash in 10 fold and you simps will pay top dollar for another charade lol

Let us remember the first Fury vs Wilder fight, where Tyson maybe could have lost that fight to a split decision because of the knockdown.
Instead it was a draw,....ok,...what happened in the second fight,...Fury whooped his ass.
I believe this fight here,....not saying he didnt have trouble with Francis, or Wilder in the first fight, but he does know how to build and re match, for a boatload more money; Fury is a master manipulator; its that Gypsy blood in the family lol.

What does Sean Strickland beating Izzy have to do with Ngannou losing an exhibition boxing match?
Sean Strickland has more mma experience then Izzy and top 5 in the ufc mW for a while. Francis 0-0 in boxing taking on the current hw boxing champ of the world losing a split decision and knocking down the champ is a archivement in it self.

Back