• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Matthew Perry Dead At 54

Loved him in Friends.

Very sad news, RIP Chanderl Bing - Matthew Perry.

At 54, cardiac arrest, drowning...? Unnatural. Hope something positive can come from this unfortunate thing...

At 54, cardiac arrest, drowning...? Unnatural. Hope something positive can come from this unfortunate thing...
Well, if he had a hard life of addiction, his heart could have been weak from all that abuse no? But I wouldn’t be shocked if there was more to it.

Perry said he couldn't watch Friends, because all he would see was the substances he was abusing in any particular season,

"I'd be like, Opiates, Opiates, Alcohol, Cocaine..."
It also appears he did little to no exercise either

It also appears he did little to no exercise either

Ironic; IIRC he was a highly-ranked Tennis player in his native Canada as a teenager. Although he said that once he moved to LA he got destroyed in nearly every match.

Probably my favorite Chandler quote there. But yeah, people need to lighten up. Death comes for us all. I mean, hell, @StonedLemur only has 8 years left according to this thread. You don't see him whining about it.
Wait, so I've one got a year left?

FUCK YEAH!!!

Well, if he had a hard life of addiction, his heart could have been weak from all that abuse no? But I wouldn’t be shocked if there was more to it.
Of course, could be a lot of factors. Seems when these things happen especially recently they just go away. Bob Saget comes to mind... and so many people abuse drugs, some undoubtedly more than Perry yet they're alive.

He was the guy who had "issues", right? Like serious fucking issues.

He probably went the same way Whitney Houston went. All fucked up, and passed out letting his nose go under the water.

Shame. RIP.

Yeah, I think I read he suffered from serious depression issues along with alcoholism.

Friends was definitely the sitcom during its prime, but The Nanny never reached those heights. It was in the late afternoon, it never even occupied the featured slot in primetime lineups.

Its predecessor (with competitive crossover) as the sitcom was Seinfeld.

Another poster was asking about how popular Friends was in my country (Argentina) because he was curious about other countries.

All I can say is at least here, The Nanny was way bigger. It had the best time slots and everybody and their grandmas watched it. Friends not so much.

The Nanny was broadcasted in public channels in a time where not many people had access to subscription Cable. Friends was on Warner Bros. Seinfeld was on Sony and I think I'm the only person in my country who actually watched it.

I think its because some people spend a lot of time watching these people (I didn't myself) that they become part of their lives.
I have some that I feel that way about, but I also feel like that about some of you tbh sir.
Those people really need to understand that these celebrities don’t know them, don’t care about them and aren't paying their bills. People really need to gain perspective. Inflation, economy, immigration Etc are what people need to focus on. The reality of true life. One last thing, your family and true friends are what those people and everyone else need to put first and foremost because at the end of the day, that’s who cares about You. Bye now

Those people really need to understand that these celebrities don’t know them, don’t care about them and aren't paying their bills. People really need to gain perspective. Inflation, economy, immigration Etc are what people need to focus on. The reality of true life. One last thing, your family and true friends are what those people and everyone else need to put first and foremost because at the end of the day, that’s who cares about You. Bye now

Ahh, the self important moral grand standing, my favorite part of cage fighting forums

Ahh, the self important moral grand standing, my favorite part of cage fighting forums
You know, I don’t even know the definition of grand standing off the top of my head. I just know the realities of life as we know it. I know the RAIDERS don’t give a fuck about you or I and that’s why I don’t give a shit about them or any celebrity or anyone else in that level of the world. I put stock in the realities of my everyday life. Family and true friends. But you can talk down on me if you want Peter my boy. Lol

How is it not putting family and friends first to spend 2 seconds showing respect for the dead sir?
You made a couple of good points here, but then they became moot because you came off like a douche while saying it.

Thanks for your 2 bits though, absolutely illuminating.

Back