Matthew Perry Dead At 54

Not for nothing, but why do I care? Oh he was a celebrity

I think its because some people spend a lot of time watching these people (I didn't myself) that they become part of their lives.

I have some that I feel that way about, but I also feel like that about some of you tbh sir.

He was the guy who had "issues", right? Like serious fucking issues.

He probably went the same way Whitney Houston went. All fucked up, and passed out letting his nose go under the water.

Shame. RIP.
he had alcohol issues and drugs. Even if you eventually get sober, that all takes a toll on the heart. Wouldn't be shocked if he had nothing in his system.

If this only happened 30 years ago and with 5 other people in the hot tub we might have been spared from Friends

Yes.. it was pretty much THE sitcom.

Before that it was the Nanny. But Friends was pretty huge here. A lot of people watched it. And I mean A LOT.
Friends was definitely the sitcom during its prime, but The Nanny never reached those heights. It was in the late afternoon, it never even occupied the featured slot in primetime lineups.

Its predecessor (with competitive crossover) as the sitcom was Seinfeld.

he had alcohol issues and drugs. Even if you eventually get sober, that all takes a toll on the heart. Wouldn't be shocked if he had nothing in his system.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. He had a history of obesity, but also intense weight yo-yoing, which apparently when extreme is even harder on the body, specifically the heart, than maintaining a non-morbid obesity over the long term. And his alcohol and pill-popping habits were also apparently quite extreme at the worst points.

Combine that with a bad spin of the genetics lottery, and a typical American way-of-life, including our diet, and it's not all that uncommon for someone to die of heart attacks. He's actually in the most common range for men, I believe: early 40's to late 50's.

I see in the OP it said there were no drugs on the scene, but while I wouldn't be surprised if he just had an out-of-the-blue heart attack while in the hot tub, I also wouldn't be surprised if he was hammered on alcohol. Not really my business, either way.

Sitcom is garbage
Nah. Friends was brilliant. I didn't appreciate it at the time. I dismissed it because all the gaggle of high school girls obsessed over it. Thought it was one of those stupid things made for them like their teenie magazines. It was only years later when rewatching it that I realized how sharp its writing was.

Nah. Friends was brilliant. I didn't appreciate it at the time. I dismissed it because all the gaggle of high school girls obsessed over it. Thought it was one of those stupid things made for them like their teenie magazines. It was only years later when rewatching it that I realized how sharp its writing was.
ok. it's still garbage

I like how they say "no drugs were found at the scene" as if they wouldn't have been cleaned up by whoever was there or found him (agent or friend)

I watched Friends back in the day. Personally I found that it hasn't held up but then again when you see a whole new generation is into that show and it is a hit all over again, there has to be something there.

Chandler was the best/funniest character in the early seasons until Ross went full psycho. Perry had a good start in feature films with Fools Rush In and The Whole Nine Yards but that man had his demons.

It's some pretty crazy shit when you start to enter the age bracket when your peers (age wise) start randomly dropping dead :eek:

It had to be either drugs or a massive heart attack/stroke/blood clot to go like that. At least it was quick.

Well our cellular age is also highly defined by lifestyle as fitness, nutrition, mental health and drug intake were Perry fucked himself up with the last two for years. He was an alcoholic and pill popper The damage you accumulate there for specific target tissues is often permanent. Pretty sure when they do an autopsy that he had the heart and blood vessels of a very old man.

RIP. The thruth is the game was rigged from the start.

I like how they say "no drugs were found at the scene" as if they wouldn't have been cleaned up by whoever was there or found him (agent or friend)
He drowned in a Jacuzzi there is no way he would have drowned in a jacuzzi sober the only other explanation is losing consciousness from a heart attack or seizure then drowning.

RIP Chandler

giphy.gif

As a teenager, I liked the movie
Fools Rush In.
I was more of a romantic then as a
younger dude, or kid.

Inspired/thought & hoped… someday I’m gonna have my own Salma soulmate to ease down the long road of life with.
8c1926f329c632afa3510d5ef338b6efb59b843e.gif

Rip Mister Perry.

Last edited:
Back