Rumored Report: Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Apparently 'Bombed' In Terms Of U.S. PPV Buys

Lol I don't think Arabians were all that bothered about US PPV sales. They knew it would be too early in the morning to be a success overseas.
It was successful in terms of global repercussion though. If it serves as a gauge, in my country this fight was on all sports and regular press and even on the news on TV, while there is barely any mention or coverage for UFC events, even the bigger ones... And I'm sure it was the same all over Europe

Last edited:
Yes but think long term. Now everybody wants too see Francis fight. He was still the 2nd most googled man. People know him now and want to see his next fight.

Sometimes you have to build stars. Invest in them before you see the return.

I mean it's $10M to fight Fury in a fight nobody apparently watched

vs

$8M to fight Jones in a fight everybody would've watched.

What fight. Had he stayed, Jones woulda gotten injured and that fight would have been canceled. Francis woulda been screwed over.

Francis made the right choice. 10 million not giving in to the baldfathers bullshit and now he is worth even more if he fights again. Whereas Jon, if he comes back, will probably never make that amount unless he fights Francis.

Francis IS the money fight in this HW shit now, like it or not.

I feel like I deserve my own Title Belt for sitting through that fracking undercard

Francis Fumbled The Views
Why have a PPV when you can have a NFT of a BBC

<BC1>

Yes but think long term. Now everybody wants too see Francis fight. He was still the 2nd most googled man. People know him now and want to see his next fight.
Sometimes you have to build stars. Invest in them before you see the return.
Made no sense

Fury vs Wilder 1 did 325,000 PPV buys, 2 did between 800,000 and 850,000 and 3 did 600,000, these are all just US numbers. Any fight Ngannou is in next will sell more than his last after his performance against Fury.
lmao, all you guys said was Francis is already a draw on his own and this is gonna sell a tons.

My friend group was at a cottage and going to miss it because we were obviously doing other shit during the day. We only saw it because I'd set a reminder ahead of time for when it was estimated the main event would start and did everything up til that moment before looking for a stream.

Texted another group chat of guys who weren't there to see if any of them had a stream. That group had no idea the fight was even on yet because of the time change and only realized it from my text.

When I threw it on the most of the guys drifted over for the novelty of it even though most didn't really know who Ngannou or Fury was (one guy piped up when I mentioned Ngannou KO'd Overeem dead as he knew who Overeem was). The girls obviously didn't give a fuck and if they don't you'll of course get some guys who'll stick with them instead.

Long story short, I caused like 10 people across friend groups and time zones to see the fight who otherwise wouldn't as everybody else was doing other shit / had no idea the fight was even starting. Riyadh might be a great place to hold a spectacle and pay guys well, but it's an absolute shit place to hold a PPV for a primarily NA audience.

And yeah. It's 2023. Nobody is paying for PPVs. Just provide us a real stream and base your numbers of what that pulls and call it a day already. There's already fucking ads in the PPV and you still want us to pay for it on top of that.
All I read is you went cottaging

Wait, I haven't followed WON and Dave in years but isn't he a pretty credible source? Unless something changed.

lol at the Francis fanatics and those that hate Dana because of their daddy issues due to being fatherless bastards.

Your boy lost and he was a failure at selling tickets.

Also there’s a boxing forum for these topics. Francis left the ufc to take over boxing or something.

i cant see this as anything other than a huge w for francis. they gave him $10 million dollars for nothing! what a bunch of suckers!
And he made himself look serious, despite the loss. Everyone made out like a bandit except for the people that set it up and maybe tyson.

Habibi, what is this ppv sales?

make-it.gif

Failure or not, trusting Meltzer as a source for buys behind the ESPN+ paywall isn't something I recommend.

Ppv buys are the only thing I would trust Meltzer on nowadays. He has more experience and has generally been right more than anyone else who reports ppv buys.

His wrestling takes nowadays are awful though

That's what you get for leaving the UFC and ducking Jones, I hate to say I told you so, but someone's gotta do it.
He made guaranteed 10 mill. and will probably make a few mill more in a couple of months. Jones still doesn't have a fight and probably won't ever fight again. And if the does, It will be against the nobody 40 something firefighter Miocic who has not fought in ages and was annihilated by Francis & he won't make anywhere near that arab money.
If there is a big loser in this story, it's Jones

Back