Rumored Report: Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Apparently 'Bombed' In Terms Of U.S. PPV Buys

Ppv buys are the only thing I would trust Meltzer on nowadays. He has more experience and has generally been right more than anyone else who reports ppv buys.

His wrestling takes nowadays are awful though
ESPN also has a deal with PFL. I don't think they gain anything from trashing Francis.

Obvious it was going to bomb
Only the mma fans/ufc haters (weird bunch) had any interest and despite them hating the ufc for fighter pay,they will have fucking streamed it lol

Boxing fans and casuals couldn't give a toss about the fight

I just don't get why guys who stream give off about fighters pay? I can understand those who buy the fights caring, but not goofs who use pirate streams

Personally I couldn't give a flying fuck if a fighter makes 10k? Or 10m? Makes no difference to me

Anyway I'm Personally glad it bombed and I hope it stops more crossover bullshit

No official source given,

except for "We have a source bro".

Just more Bullshit. The media was out full force against Ngannou after he declined the UFC's terms... and chose to bet on himself.

Now the media, under Dana White's blessing... is back at it.

Unless someone who works with ESPN, Dish Network, Dazn... or Fury or Ngannou themselves comment on it... then it's just BS rumors.

In this instance, seems like blatant propaganda to shoot down Ngannou and Fury.

It was literally the biggest sporting event in the world when it happened.

Anyway I'm Personally glad it bombed and I hope it stops more crossover bullshit
The saudis offered him a new deal before the weekend ended, Hearn is desperate to book Ngannou against Joshua, and Wilder wants to cross over to mma.

Such a W for crossover haters

Basically was supposed to be a squash match and after the Conor vs Mayweather bs where it was clear Floyd carried him no one really cares about another crossover and also it was on at literally like 10am in the states
Is it still clear Floyd carried Conor after watching Fury vs Ngganou? Maybe mma boxers are just almost as good as boxers

Its so weird how people will swallow anything Dana says. Its almost as though 90% of them are bots or paid employees. The remaining 10% being the morons they are targeting

Yeah forcing 80 dollars on a fucking freakshow fight was never going to turnout well, especially an early card at that...
Saudis obviously dont care but ESPN should be facepalming right about now, Conor/Floyd got away with it because it was the 2 biggest draws in combat sports history fighting and while Fury has been a decent draw at times hes never been at that level and Ngannou has never been a decent draw period.
I do get real excited for these bullshit clown show fights, but only excited to Google the results or find a video of it that I don't pay for.

lmao, all you guys said was Francis is already a draw on his own and this is gonna sell a tons.

I didn't say he was a draw. There's tons of people on here, they all have unique usernames. Don't assume that everyone is the same person. No one expected Ngannou to be competitive which likely drove down PPV buys. Now the boxing world knows that Ngannou is a legit top HW in boxing and his PPV buys will likely go up because of that.

Obvious it was going to bomb
Only the mma fans/ufc haters (weird bunch) had any interest and despite them hating the ufc for fighter pay,they will have fucking streamed it lol

Boxing fans and casuals couldn't give a toss about the fight

I just don't get why guys who stream give off about fighters pay? I can understand those who buy the fights caring, but not goofs who use pirate streams

Personally I couldn't give a flying fuck if a fighter makes 10k? Or 10m? Makes no difference to me

How is it cross over bullshit when Ngannou just arguably beat the top HW in the world? You sound like you just hate all combat sports/orgs other than the UFC.

Also just so you know how many PPV buys the UFC gets has zero impact on fighters salaries unless they are one of the few guys that gets PPV points. Just cause the UFC might get more PPV buys doesn't mean they will give more to the fighters, you act like there's a correlation there but there 100% isn't otherwise the UFC wouldn't be paying the fighters a smaller percentage of the revenue every year(the more the UFC makes the less percentage of the total the fighters get).

You can google it if you don't believe me but since WME took over their revenue has gone up and the fighters percentage of that revenue has gone down.

Ppv buys are the only thing I would trust Meltzer on nowadays. He has more experience and has generally been right more than anyone else who reports ppv buys.

His wrestling takes nowadays are awful though

Meltzer is a no talent ass clown being fed agenda based information and he doesn't know any better most of the time. Even when he does, it's all about attention, so he doesn't care either way.

Let them - it's all they have. Haters gonna hate. Doesn't change the fact that Ngannou took on the UFC and won, made a ton of money, and (arguably) beat the HW boxing champion.
he won like 0-1?
its also a fact that hes not a draw?
good for him baging more money
and lol did the UFC even lost money?
theyl lose money if they pay nganou more
look at the ppv buys bro

its good that people like you aint in charge in a business like this
lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member