Myth busted - Jailton is one of the most dominant, elite and lethal MMA grapplers

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
He is lethal for the division. A division specially in 2023 filled with obese HWs who cant grapple their way out of a paper bag.

Jailton to his credit has got himself ranked for exploiting this but that doesnt mean his grappling is an elite dominant force overall specially compared to actual elite grapplers in other divisions.

Jailton LAST YEAR got choked in 2 mins by a MW in openweight grappling

He also grappled Caio Borralho another MW in openweight and barely eeked out a win through escape time never came close to a sub.

Give credit to Jailton for what hes done.....but dont fool yourself into thinking hes prime Jacare on the mat or some shit. He is exploiting and abusing elderly and obese fighters in a dogshite division.

He is lethal for the division. A division specially in 2023 filled with obese HWs who cant grapple their way out of a paper bag.

Jailton to his credit has got himself ranked for exploiting this but that doesnt mean his grappling is an elite dominant force overall specially compared to actual elite grapplers in other divisions.

Jailton LAST YEAR got choked in 2 mins by a MW in openweight grappling

He also grappled Caio Borralho another MW in openweight and barely eeked out a win through escape time never came close to a sub.

Give credit to Jailton for what hes done.....but dont fool yourself into thinking hes prime Jacare on the mat or some shit. He is exploiting and abusing elderly and obese fighters in a dogshite division.

If only other LHW have balls to fight in HW wait no one of them have even Jiri cut Weight.

If he is in a dogshite division why does it matter. His next fight could be Gane which is winnable and then Pav for the title, who we have no idea where his grappling or cardio stack up.

Top heavyweights with decent wrestling all beat him imo. Lewis was a perfect stylistic matchup. I would've thought after tonight all notions of Almeida eventually becoming champ would've been dispelled. The dude was super lucky it wasn't Blades in there tonight.

Last edited:
He might actually be the smartest guy right now, he just won his friends and family a lot of money by having them bet the house on that -2200 decision win line for this fight, and now people are questioning his grappling, if they give him Gane he can just be like "jk I was trolling" and sub him with the first takedown like he could've done to Derrick.

He would be champ easy at LHW. Probably not at HW as he is undersized and I cant see him dealing with someone who has much better grappling than Lewis but similar size and strength.

UFC needs to to cap off HW at 225lbs get rid of these out of shape bums and or force some of these dudes to get into better shape by lowering the limit.

lol no, that wouold be superbly stupid. The best HW action happens around 240-ish

265 is good enough of a cap.

lol no, that wouold be superbly stupid. The best HW action happens around 240-ish

265 is good enough of a cap.
Cap it at 240 then? these guys have no reason to be in shape if they are going to allow a 60 pound weight difference between LHW and HW that is what is superbly stupid. I dunno maybe you like seeing shirtless fat mens belly's and tits jiggle but i am not judging do your thing.

UFC needs to to cap off HW at 225lbs get rid of these out of shape bums and or force some of these dudes to get into better shape by lowering the limit.
Fighters don’t get paid to train they get paid to make weight and fight. There has so been many HW fighters who look they never trained a day for some of their bouts. On average Hw’s get paid better than the rest of fighters so its pretty apparent some of these fighters are just there for the paycheck and the title of “UFC fighter”

Cap it at 240 then? these guys have no reason to be in shape if they are going to allow a 60 pound weight difference between LHW and HW that is what is superbly stupid. I dunno maybe you like seeing shirtless fat mens belly's and tits jiggle but i am not judging do your thing.

Go away troll. HW should be uncapped like in boxing. Pride had it right with freakshows and no USADA. This is more showbusiness than sport.

He is enough good to do well in hw. Lets see that Blaydes fight and then we know whatsup.

Lewis was fucked from the get go. He did better than expected and clearly came to win the fight.

People will never accept how shit heavyweight is compared to other divisions, Jailton almeida will be ranked as top 10 grapplers of all time by the time his career is done, running through fat heavyweight after fat heavyweight

He has enough to submit Gane.
He seems champion material, though.
So, he couldn't submit Lewis after 5 rounds on top of him. Even though Spivak submitted Lewis in the first round and made it easy. But he will somehow takedown and submit Gane, even though Spivak couldn't get him down after several failed attempts? That makes no sense. Jones would have submitted Lewis in one round just as easily as he subbed Gane, so his fight shouldn't weight on this.

Aspinall will reign supreme anyway.
He's so damn young, even if he loses his next fight with Pav he'll still get the belt eventually, it's inevitable .The guy is so good everywhere it's crazy. He should win btw, I'm just hoping he's in shape, it's kinda unfair since Pav has had a camp and Aprinall hasn't.

Aspinall reminds me of a bigger better Stipe but with an elite submission game. His dad's taught him since he was very young, he did a damn good job too.

Back