Myth busted - Jailton is one of the most dominant, elite and lethal MMA grapplers

Fighters don’t get paid to train they get paid to make weight and fight. There has so been many HW fighters who look they never trained a day for some of their bouts. On average Hw’s get paid better than the rest of fighters so its pretty apparent some of these fighters are just there for the paycheck and the title of “UFC fighter”
6ys60p.jpg

So, he couldn't submit Lewis after 5 rounds on top of him. Even though Spivak submitted Lewis in the first round and made it easy. But he will somehow takedown and submit Gane, even though Spivak couldn't get him down after several failed attempts? That makes no sense. Jones would have submitted Lewis in one round just as easily as he subbed Lewis, so his fight shouldn't weight on this.
Jailton is definitely a more athletic wrestler than Spivak, and he won't end up just staring at Gane while getting picked apart. He'll try to get things to the mat as soon as possible, and unlike Spivak he doesn't need to get in the clinch to try and score a takedown.

Not saying he'd beat Cyril easily or anything, but it's definitely a more compelling matchup than Gane/Spivak was imo.

Jailton is definitely a more athletic wrestler than Spivak, and he won't end up just staring at Gane while getting picked apart. He'll try to get things to the mat as soon as possible, and unlike Spivak he doesn't need to get in the clinch to try and score a takedown.

Not saying he'd beat Cyril easily or anything, but it's definitely a more compelling matchup than Gane/Spivak was imo.
Fair enough. I'm also intrigued by what could happen in that match up. I just don't see it as a foregone conclusion like that guy.

It’s not particularly impressive beating up on guys who’s only skills are sloppy striking and champion of the all you can eat buffet multiple times per week

Last edited:
Almeda is lucky the ref was on his side . Layed on Lewis for 30 seconds at a time . Could have stood them up 5 times minimum . But noooooooò the money was on that grind decision lol . BS ref

Whya he a no get tha soobamission?

He would be champ easy at LHW. Probably not at HW as he is undersized and I cant see him dealing with someone who has much better grappling than Lewis but similar size and strength.

At HW all the guys except the top 5 are slow, sloppy brawlers with no TDD or grappling.

At LHW the top 15 are freak athletes that are just as fast and way better first layer takedown defense and ability to scramble and push a pace.

Jailton found a loophole in the game by moving up to HW and it immediately made him a contender, so good for him, but at LHW he’d be in for some really dangerous matchups in his ascent.

So why not take a shortcut?

TBF he didn't do much at all and cruised to a safe decision but if you looked at some of those scrambles that usually result in Lewis benchpressing people off him, Almeide did some slick stuff, that halfguard sweep was pretty clean.

He was just too afraid of the power I think thats why he refused to take any risks.

He's so damn young, even if he loses his next fight with Pav he'll still get the belt eventually, it's inevitable .The guy is so good everywhere it's crazy. He should win btw, I'm just hoping he's in shape, it's kinda unfair since Pav has had a camp and Aprinall hasn't.

Aspinall reminds me of a bigger better Stipe but with an elite submission game. His dad's taught him since he was very young, he did a damn good job too.
Yeah if he manages to remain relatively injury-free he can go on and do great things. Massive talent.

Really its more his wrestling than his sub grappling which has gotten him sucess thus far IMHO.

So, he couldn't submit Lewis after 5 rounds on top of him. Even though Spivak submitted Lewis in the first round and made it easy. But he will somehow takedown and submit Gane, even though Spivak couldn't get him down after several failed attempts? That makes no sense. Jones would have submitted Lewis in one round just as easily as he subbed Gane, so his fight shouldn't weight on this.

So, if Gane finished Spivak and Spivak subbed Lewis, it means Gane will beat Almeida, because Almeida couldn't submit Lewis? I'm not saying no, you may be right. But:
- Almeida is faster than Spivak
- Almeida has faster TD than Spivak
- Gane still has bad TDD (Jones, Ngannou)
- Lewis, in his 40 fights career, was submitted only by Spivak and DC. It's not like he is a living target for every decent grappler.

So, if Gane finished Spivak and Spivak subbed Lewis, it means Gane will beat Almeida, because Almeida couldn't submit Lewis? I'm not saying no, you may be right. But:
- Almeida is faster than Spivak
- Almeida has faster TD than Spivak
- Gane still has bad TDD (Jones, Ngannou)
- Lewis, in his 40 fights career, was submitted only by Spivak and DC. It's not like he is a living target for every decent grappler.
You're right that Almeida is more likely to get his hands on you but I think if spivac gets his hands on you there's more ways for him to get you down.

I think he still is, people expected once Derrick is on his back, he’s just gonna lay there and give up. Jailton had his hands full trying to get another grown man out of there. I’m sure BB has been training BJJ defense and it held up solid, doesn’t mean Jailton is automatically a fraud.

He is lethal for the division. A division specially in 2023 filled with obese HWs who cant grapple their way out of a paper bag.

Jailton to his credit has got himself ranked for exploiting this but that doesnt mean his grappling is an elite dominant force overall specially compared to actual elite grapplers in other divisions.

Jailton LAST YEAR got choked in 2 mins by a MW in openweight grappling

He also grappled Caio Borralho another MW in openweight and barely eeked out a win through escape time never came close to a sub.

Give credit to Jailton for what hes done.....but dont fool yourself into thinking hes prime Jacare on the mat or some shit. He is exploiting and abusing elderly and obese fighters in a dogshite division.

You’ve obviously never grappled a day in your life… being able to submit someone in a straight up grappling match nearly means nothing in MMA.

GSP has been subbed many times in grappling tourneys, doesn’t mean he wouldn’t take those guys down in MMA and elbow their face through the mat.

BJJ is BJJ, MMA is MMA. Almeidas build, explosiveness, and style is tailor made for MMA.

Newsflash: he would destroy your favorite BJJ grapplers in MMA.

this thread wont age well I guess
Jailton is too fast, explosive and goes really low for his TDs. I honestly believe he will take down anyone in the current HW roster. Aspinal, Pav, Volkov, Spivac, even current Jones.

Back