• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Nate Diaz takes jab at PFL, Jake Paul, and Ngannou

Is Francis Ngannou back tracking to the minor leagues by going to the PFL?

• Total voters
Only question that remains is whether or not PFL is minor league or major league.
For that... we need a definition on what is minor league vs major league. I included that definition in the poll by indicating it is the level of competition that separates minor from major.
Well, I can watch it in my country on TV. As far as mma goes it is major league. Can you watch FNC, Octagon, KSW or Armmada on TV in your country?

Irrelevant fighter that can't seem to win a fight in MMA or boxing but talks a lot on Twitter.

UFC is seen as the top mma org. But they don’t always have the best fighters in each division. It’s been proven over and over. People just put a premium on fighters that fight in the ufc. The reality is there’s good fighters in a lot of orgs. People so tribal when it comes to this. If you’re Dana I get it. If you’re an mma fan I don’t.

Smart dude, doesn't want to burn bridges with the UFC

Dude knows he is gonna lose to Jake Paul in MMA too, they offered to co-promote with his made up "promotion" and give him I believe 20 mills, the only reason he is not taking this is because he doesn't want to lose in MMA and then have no way to spin it in his favor.

1) Nate said nothing about Francis Ngannou

2) Nate has no reason to fear Jake Paul in MMA, because he should have a major advantage of the fight goes on the mat.

Considering so many on this thread believes he’s ducking Jake Paul, he should take the fight. Yeah, he’ll have to answer for Jake’s power; but he’ll have a major advantage if it goes to the mat.

FYI: anybody know how Jake Paul v Nate did in PPV? (I know it was in Texas if my stalker is reading this, just rather ask Sherdog)

What exactly are you considering?
he was valient, sturdy, and aggressive in my eyes, didn't back down and took the fight to Jake.
and I would consider his ability to fight a decent pro boxer in first official fight a respectable outing, especially when compared to previous ex-fighters.
and taking into consideration his age, weightclass, and his natural boxing ability etc.

Nate coming back to the UFC to snatch Chandler's bag and fight McGregor

You know this leads me to believe that the infamous Paul checks aren't as big as they gloat them to be. From the sounds of it Nate is holding out for another fight with Conor , whose been promising it. There is simply no other fight in the UFC Nate is looking for

I lost my respect for Nate after his boxing match with Paul. He got rocked early on and looked terrible. Dude talked so much sh*t about he has been sparring pros since he was a kid, and looked like a sloppy amateur in that boxing match. I don’t think it has to be with fighting in PFL, I think it has to do with the fact the Jake could potentially turn his lights off. Paul does have some decent wrestling experience and Diaz doesn’t have great take-downs. Nate would be risking his entire MMA legacy by fighting Jake, and I just don’t see him as willing to take that risk.

Nate is almost 40 years old, use your head. He is way past his fighting prime, just cashing pay checks doing celebrity boxing. Yapping is just marketing, thats how it works.

For the uninitiated, this tweet is just trolling for marketing.

He is both friendly with Francis (who attended his boxing match and took photos with Nate) and saying something controversial for views, like this thread is offering for it.

I don't think anyone would argue that PFL is higher quality/better competition than the UFC, but they're paying Ngannou (much) more, correct?

Ipso facto, he's getting more money for less dangerous work. Idk what Diaz is talking about, Big Frank cracked the code

needs option C. the boxing was the minor leagues that sometimes paid as if it was the ultimate AAAthlete-A-thon for the ages

Back