Tom Aspinall confident despite ‘worst circumstances possible’ for #UFC295 title fight

Short notice title fight, worth it?

• Total voters
"Worst possible" is in his opinion only. Saying $hit like that is the reason some fighters are looked at as being soft when compared to the warriors who fought in tournaments, several times in a night, with No Clue of the size, or style, or the record of opponent they faced.

I get what you're saying, but the sport has evolved since then. yes, they were tough as nails for taking those fights under those circumstances, but the skill level has increased leaps and bounds since those days, and there's more money at stake than ever before. the whole game has changed drastically since those days.

"Worst possible" is in his opinion only. Saying $hit like that is the reason some fighters are looked at as being soft when compared to the warriors who fought in tournaments, several times in a night, with No Clue of the size, or style, or the record of opponent they faced.
I'd say we should have tournaments again, but modern divas these days would probably back out after seeing who their opponent is in their bracket. Damn shame. I wish more fighters were prepared to throw down at any time. I've gotten to the point where I think these 4 month preps for some fights is dumb. Give em 3-4 weeks and let's get it going. They should be training full time anyway and not sitting on the couch until Dana calls ideally.

I didn't realize he wasn't getting a full camp because I'd read that Pavlovich was. The UFC is just always coming up short when it comes to putting on fights that are on the level.

This is real life, not a video game. Events need to happen. If they only made fights when both guys were perfectly healthy and trained they would have one card per year.

I keep seeing flags for aspinall to lose this. Meanwhile pavlovich has been playing backup fighter for the title numerous times and is destroying anyone he faces with ease.

So far I’m sticking with pavlovich ko rd 1

beautiful-flirtatious-woman-rubbing-hands-0tvbd2qb58ok79ji.gif

Totally worth it :) Tom's fanboys have been insufferable :p Will be nice when they shut up for a minute after Pav flattens him :rolleyes:
92cS.gif

You do realize what happened to the empire right?

This is real life, not a video game. Events need to happen. If they only made fights when both guys were perfectly healthy and trained they would have one card per year.

What you wrote is really mindless. Other organizations (and the UFC of the past) have much fewer instances of fights being booked that leave fighters insufficient time to prepare and giving athletes time to prepare would not result in fewer cards. Again, please use your fucking brain before typing.

It's obviously in your head. And all the other potato chip eating fatties in here talking shit.

It is worth it, specially at HW where one win will put you right on there.

The differencr between a regular purse and a tittle fight one is life changing.

Aspinall will lose then the fight doesn't count in people's heads. That's the worst outcome, so basically doesn't matter. Only reason I'm not as excited as I would be.

What you wrote is really mindless. Other organizations (and the UFC of the past) have much fewer instances of fights being booked that leave fighters insufficient time to prepare and giving athletes time to prepare would not result in fewer cards. Again, please use your fucking brain before typing.

That’s fine, they haven’t committed to producing the number of events that the UFC has.

Everyone on this website including me has a wishlist of things that the company could do differently, but almost all of them would come at the expense of the bottom line.

You do realize what happened to the empire right?

A 20 year reign that was succeeded by Vader's children, who were then succeeded by both Vader and Palpatine's grandchildren?

That’s fine, they haven’t committed to producing the number of events that the UFC has.

Everyone on this website including me has a wishlist of things that the company could do differently, but almost all of them would come at the expense of the bottom line.

Your insistence that the UFC would be forced to have less events by returning to more professional matchmaking is wrong and stupid. Let's be clear about that.

Saku fought Royce Gracie for AN HOUR AND A HALF in the 2000 GP, causing Gracie to quit on the stool.He then went ahead THE VERY SAME NIGHT and fought IGOR VOVCHANCHYN

Right and early man had to fight wild animals with bare hands.

The context is obviously in the current UFC, not un-licensed tournaments 25 years ago. Maybe you're trolling but some of you guys live in karate fantasy land. Only a fedora neckbeard would answer questions at a presser referencing the 2000 GP, which took place when Tom was 7 years old.

He was being asked these questions at a presser, its not like he's saying this stuff apropos of nothing. Any honest/sane fighter would respond short notice without a camp against an elite opponent is bad circumstances. This isn't remotely controversial.

A 20 year reign that was succeeded by Vader's children, who were then succeeded by both Vader and Palpatine's grandchildren?

I only care about the originals, the rest are crap.

Back