News Israel Adesanya opens as betting favorite for a potential LHW-fight against Alex Pereira

Do you agree with those odds?

• Yes

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • No

Votes: 146 90.1%

• Total voters
israel-adesanya-arror-celebration.gif

he can do it again.
People are forgetting how badly Izzy was losing before that. Normally i wouldnt bring that up but seeing how he lost the last 3 times they fought before this tells me izzy only has a 1 in 4 chance of winning. Maybe lower since pereira wont be so reckless this time.

People are forgetting how badly Izzy was losing before that. Normally i wouldnt bring that up but seeing how he lost the last 3 times they fought before this tells me izzy only has a 1 in 4 chance of winning. Maybe lower since pereira wont be so reckless this time.

people are also forgetting how badly Alex was losing in the KB fights

Adesanya won the first round lmao. Also this "winning until he lost" narrative isn't going to work here given fights 1-3 were not looking good for Alex. There wasn't this pillar-to-post complete shut out everyone in this thread is claiming Pereira had. <Lmaoo>
Huh? Alex was dominating the fight lol. How many times does he need to beat Izzy to show the morons on this forum that he’s the better fighter?

Reactions: JKS
They both can KO each other, we get it lol

It’s 50/50 going in, especially now that Izzy has proved that he can 100% finish his demon. The only man in the UFC to do so thus far…not just survive Alex but put him away.

Given how their first two mma fights went start to finish. And that Alex would now have a significant weight advantage without having to murder himself nearly as bad to make weight. Seems like good odds to bet on Alex. Wouldn’t put a dime on Izzy as the favourite. If he slipped to underdog though would start considering it then. But again don’t see this happening. Izzy seems perfectly content clinging onto his solo victory.

I think Pereira's chin issues are mostly fixed now that he's no longer killing himself to make weight. He's just a naturally bigger man.

At 205 I definitely consider Pereira the favorite. Adesanya also looked diminished against Strickland. If that version of him shows up against the Pereira who blew away Jiri, I just can't imagine it going too well for him.

Are they? Izzy won the first round and got the KO in the 2nd. Pereira was doing damage

Seems more like YOU are forgetting that they've both smashed each other in all of their fights in both sports. They've had a sketchy decision, a really dodgy standing 8 count for Pereira to recover in the 2nd, Pereira saved by the bell after getting badly rocked and getting a late TKO in the 3rd, and Pereira adding up calf kicks before getting ko'd.

Izzy's probably won 9 of their 10 completed rounds, finished him once, got finished twice. This is clearly a 50/50 fight

ezgif-com-gif-maker-75-gif.273344

If Alex can just avoid that one damn combo Izzy always hits him and destroys him with, he will win for sure. Alex has gotten so good at range now. He was winning the second fight too before rushing in. He's just gotta keep his hands up!

Insane that Izzy is the favorite considering 1) Alex has beaten him 3 times 2) Izzy is much smaller at LHW 3) The last time he fought at LHW, he was dominated by Jan

It's extra fun that Pereira has come to the UFC since he's not only a great fighter, his fans include some of the most easily offended people on Sherdog.

This is such a weird fight. I think Izzy is the better fighter, despite having more losses against Alex, and that somehow Alex just pulled through in each of their fights.

Alex would have to try to slowly break Izzy down and not rush him out of there. Fuck his legs up.

I don't think Alex has Sean's awareness for defense, but if he could fight like that, with the power he has, Izzy wouldn't stand a chance.

Are they? Izzy won the first round and got the KO in the 2nd. Pereira was doing damage

Seems more like YOU are forgetting that they've both smashed each other in all of their fights in both sports. They've had a sketchy decision, a really dodgy standing 8 count for Pereira to recover in the 2nd, Pereira saved by the bell after getting badly rocked and getting a late TKO in the 3rd, and Pereira adding up calf kicks before getting ko'd.

Izzy's probably won 9 of their 10 completed rounds, finished him once, got finished twice. This is clearly a 50/50 fight

ezgif-com-gif-maker-75-gif.273344

They've fought 10 complete rounds and Izzy won 6. I still see it as a 50/50 fight more or less, I'd favor Alex a bit at LHW.

We boutta see what getting pieced up on the feet by Sean Strickland does to a mothafucka's confidence...

Pereira has poor defense and a glass jaw. Izzy has no power and still hurt Pereira badly in 3 out of their 4 fights. Izzy should be an easy fight for a guy like Pereira but he struggled every time they fought.
Glass jaw but ate Jiri & Jan's punches no problem? Perhaps the cut to 185 had something to do with it.

Pereira has poor defense and a glass jaw. Izzy has no power and still hurt Pereira badly in 3 out of their 4 fights. Izzy should be an easy fight for a guy like Pereira but he struggled every time they fought.
I'd say glass jaw is a reach, susceptible to temple shots yes but I don't think he's really been chinned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Konster1
Back