• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Israel Adesanya opens as betting favorite for a potential LHW-fight against Alex Pereira

Do you agree with those odds?

• Yes

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • No

Votes: 146 90.1%

• Total voters
Changed my stand on Poatan a little and Gorddard ruined our chance to see his full potential and capability.

Poatan has to prove his championship legitimacy to Sherdog MMA and other enthusiast fighting communities by KO'ing Izzy (in a spectacular fashion like last time Izzy KO'ed him), then KO'ing Hill, Chimaev, and Ankalaev. If Poatan wants to convert Sherdoggers into Believers, ofc.

No. Are you racist by chance?
yes-icegif-2.gif

Izzy won their final bout and it's just eating away at Alex knowing this.

His poor fans have been on meltdown about it ever since, talking about older fights like those ones are more relevant than the last one. Lol
they are 3-1
people believe alex is better than izzy
accomplished what he cant
i would be on poatans shoes rather than izzy

Izzy won their final bout and it's just eating away at Alex knowing this.

His poor fans have been on meltdown about it ever since, talking about older fights like those ones are more relevant than the last one. Lol

There's nobody more upset that Izzy is 1-3 than this dork lol.

Yes, that was his last fight. That makes it the most relevant for him.
Sean won, not Pereira. Sorry buddeh but Pereira got knocked dead by Izzy. That's the most relevant thing between the 2.

Izzy will consider taking this fight when Poatan is 40+
he doesnt want to die out there

This is a fight I would never bet on. Been saying it since Alex UFC debut. This is just one of those fights that you need to stay the fuck away from betting wise.

Pavlovich/Aspinall was another.

I picked Izzy to win in both their UFC fights. But that was at MW. At LHW, I would pick differently. Also, I don’t think Izzy will risk it.

Alex keep in mind is still gaining experience in MMA. Taking out Jiri probably wasn't something he could have done 5 fights ago.

The probably then is Alex will be better than he was when he fought at 205 and he's less frail than he was at 185. Izzy lost to Jan at 205.

I see AP with the edge if it happens.

They're evenly matched in most areas. I think the odds should be close to even.

Personally I'd like to see Izzy come back and try to avenge his loss to Strickland. Still a bit shocked by that result.

It sees like Strickland will loose to DDP and then Izzy will fight DDP in a battle for Africa which is anyones guess.

That could be a two fight series or trilogy.

They're not gonna fight at LHW, at least any time soon. That picture Adesanya put out was just to troll people.

If they were to fight though, Pereira would outweigh him in the cage pretty significantly, would be hard to pick against him factoring that in.
Not really, all izzy has to do is land that big right hand. Alex has already shown a huge weakness to that same punch. Both guys can just as easily beat the other.

Unless Alex falls for the possum playbook again, I don’t see how he loses.

Reactions: JKS
Unless Alex falls for the possum playbook again, I don’t see how he loses.
Izzy was and still is a great shots tricking-fake throwing feinting wizard. If he spent time bulked up properly with new improved gameplan, who knows... Poatan's also 36, hence it's better to complete the trilogy for good before 2024 ended.

Both guys need this fight to settle it.

As he should…

If their last meeting is any indicator, Adesanya is the better fighter. Heck, even in the fight where Pereira won the middleweight title, Adesanya was the better fighter…

That being said, 25 minutes is still a long time to try and avoid Pereira’s power…

Back