Why the Ian Garry hate???

It sucks he's turned out to be such a fuggin weirdo and is so bad on the mic. He's a very promising talent, exciting to watch, and has a build and length that welterweights can only dream about. I'll watch his fights and career develop with a degree of interest, but I'm never going to be invested in this guy as a person. I'm a pretty progressive and open minded person, but I draw the line at living and working with your wife's (who is over a decade older than you) ex-husband (and taking his last name???). That's just some freak shit. I'm out buddeh.

It sucks he's turned out to be such a fuggin weirdo and is so bad on the mic. He's a very promising talent, exciting to watch, and has a build and length that welterweights can only dream about. I'll watch his fights and career develop with a degree of interest, but I'm never going to be invested in this guy as a person. I'm a pretty progressive and open minded person, but I draw the line at living and working with your wife's (who is over a decade older than you) ex-husband (and taking his last name???). That's just some freak shit. I'm out buddeh.
He doesn't live with them and Garry didn't take his last name. Both of those rumours are completely false.

Her exes name is Richard Cullen, and Garry employs him as a nutritionist. Cullen is the father of Garry's stepson and happens to be a nutritionist. It makes sense to pay the father of your stepson, no?

His wife's maiden name is Machado, so his stepsons name is Machado Cullen. Garry's infant son's name is Machado Garry. Ian Garry adopted the maiden name of his wife so that everyone in the family would share a last name. It's actually noble as fuck, and it's been twisted into something weird by shameless liars.

He doesn't live with them and Garry didn't take his last name. Both of those rumours are completely false.

Her exes name is Richard Cullen, and Garry employs him as a nutritionist. Cullen is the father of Garry's stepson and happens to be a nutritionist. It makes sense to pay the father of your stepson, no?

His wife's maiden name is Machado, so his stepsons name is Machado Cullen. Garry's infant son's name is Machado Garry. Ian Garry adopted the maiden name of his wife so that everyone in the family would share a last name. It's actually noble as fuck, and it's been twisted into something weird by shameless liars.
Gotcha. Always open to having my mind changed with new information. Sounds like a lot of disinformation going around. If what you've described is the truth then there's nothing wrong with that. The Neil Magny stuff was still cringe af, but nothing like what is being alleged in this situation. As a skinny 6'4 irish striker myself, I wanna see the brotha succeed. Dude just needs to close his yap and stay out of the limelight for a little while, and have some good performances in the meantime.

Gotcha. Always open to having my mind changed with new information. Sounds like a lot of disinformation going around. If what you've described is the truth then there's nothing wrong with that. The Neil Magny stuff was still cringe af, but nothing like what is being alleged in this situation. As a skinny 6'4 irish striker myself, I wanna see the brotha succeed. Dude just needs to close his yap and stay out of the limelight for a little while, and have some good performances in the meantime.
Yeah Garry is not a likeable guy, but he's a really good, fun fighter with a lot of potential. I really rubs me the wrong way how the MMA community is gossiping about him like a flock of hens.

Sounds like a lot of disinformation going around.
This is the kind of world we live in now. It's all about running with narratives because your feelings want you to hate some person. Funny how a couple of YouTubers are moving "champions" like puppet strings and using their platforms to character assassinate fighters they don't like. The Magny stuff was off-putting but no one with half a brain believed Magny was a child abuser. Roll that off to cringey shit talk.

I think he's the best current irish fighter together with Conor.

This is the kind of world we live in now. It's all about running with narratives because your feelings want you to hate some person. Funny how a couple of YouTubers are moving "champions" like puppet strings and using their platforms to character assassinate fighters they don't like. The Magny stuff was off-putting but no one with half a brain believed Magny was a child abuser. Roll that off to cringey shit talk.
Selling people's emotions and pre-existing biases back to them is grifting 101.

Yeah Garry is not a likeable guy, but he's a really good, fun fighter with a lot of potential. I really rubs me the wrong way how the MMA community is gossiping about him like a flock of hens.

nah, Garry is a fucking piece of shit. the "Magny stuff" may affect Magny's custody battle with his children right now. because Garry had to go off and try to manufacture some stupid beef for a fucking fight. Magny goes into detail in the video below. fuck him and imo fuck anyone who likes him as a person. you dont fuck with another man's kids.

also anyone who thinks that WAG book is "satire" - ive got space for a heated pool in the Sahara i can sell to you. she can call it satire all she wants. there are some women who want to be with famous athletes and men with money, simple as that. they will do what it takes to reach their goals.

nah, Garry is a fucking piece of shit. the "Magny stuff" may affect Magny's custody battle with his children right now. because Garry had to go off and try to manufacture some stupid beef for a fucking fight. Magny goes into detail in the video below. fuck him and imo fuck anyone who likes him as a person. you dont fuck with another man's kids.

also anyone who thinks that WAG book is satire - ive got space for a heated pool in the Sahara i can sell to you.

Talks all that shit, then cries when Strickland talks shit about him and threatens legal action. Hypocritical turd.

He’s a douche who acts like Conor mcgregor, so much so that he even does his little walk. All the while denying he’s copying Conor mcgregor. And judging by everyone’s stories of him how he is at gyms is incredibly self centred. What is there really to like about him?

also anyone who thinks that WAG book is "satire" - ive got space for a heated pool in the Sahara i can sell to you. she can call it satire all she wants. there are some women who want to be with famous athletes and men with money, simple as that. they will do what it takes to reach their goals.

I'm siding with Magny from the perspective that it was a shitty thing for Garry to say about him. But there is no way in hell a judge is going to take the cringe trash talk of Ian Garry and use it in his custody case, lmao. You seem really distressed at Garry on a personal level. Relax man it ain't that serious. <Lmaoo>

I'm siding with Magny from the perspective that it was a shitty thing for Garry to say about him. But there is no way in hell a judge is going to take the cringe trash talk of Ian Garry and use it in his custody case, lmao. You seem really distressed at Garry on a personal level. Relax man it ain't that serious. <Lmaoo>
nah im not wound up i just like to fuckin curse a lot. it helps me get my fuckin points across.
you go ahead and relax, ill keep my standards. fuck anyone who goes after another man's kids. full stop. especially a guy like Magny who is generally very respectful. i was annoyed but sort of amused by Garry before but that shit made me actively not a fan anymore.
fortunately there's still plenty of other cool fighters that are not Ian Garry so i can just watch them.

It's not actually a book. It's an 11 page article that was published during the World Cup in England. It's satire.

And if Magny doesn't want people to think he beats his kids, he shouldn't joke about beating his kids.

Criticizing Garry for the way he handled the Magny fight is fine. It was a douchey thing to do. But most of the criticism of Garry and his wife is based entirely on complete bullshit.

Last edited:
Without Conor their would be no Ian Garry.

View attachment 997182

The Geoff Neal mugshot thing and calling Neal Magny a child beater. He talked crap about fighters and now fighters are just returning the favour. I enjoy watching him fight though.

He started it and seems to be getting himself kicked out of gyms on the regular for only caring about himself. He does just travel and train from the sounds of it.

Talks all that shit, then cries when Strickland talks shit about him and threatens legal action. Hypocritical turd.
He talked shit about Magny, his upcoming opponent.

Strickland outright lied about Garry's wife, the mother of his child, completely unprovoked.

Do you not see the difference?

He’s got a CB Dolloway fart face & the personality of a guy who was the star basketball player in 6th grade

Any popular fighter with a personality is always hated here.
Personality? He is just copying everyone else and talking crap about his opponents for any reason possible.

It's just a carbon copy "insert any Mcgregor/Colby/Khamzat clone" and people are kinda getting sick of every fighter doing this. It's the game you play if you use that as your marketing strategy. It only works when you are destroying people and rubs plenty of people the wrong way.

He talked shit about Magny, his upcoming opponent.

Strickland outright lied about Garry's wife, the mother of his child, completely unprovoked.

Do you not see the difference?
No Strickland just said his 40 year old wife was grooming him and then took a satirical book literally...
It just shows that Strickland will repeat anything he sees online. He didn't lie about anything, he is just a dumb redneck, which he can be if he likes.

Back