Media D Johnson: I'm a greater fighter than GSP and Silva

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Lmao, I have completely missed this delusional take from the mouse. This is his reasoning why:

"For me to have 11 consecutive title defences and always look for the finish against my opponents, the list goes on. To be able to go to a different organisation where I’m fighting at 135lb against bigger opponents in a different rule set. I was able to win a world grand prix which is a tournament-style, three fights in one year, and then turn around and fight for the belt. I go do an IBJJF Brazilian jiu-jitsu tournament. My first time in the gi, brown belt masters at 37 years old and I go out there and I win it. Not one point got scored on me, not any one of those fighters, not even fucking Jon Jones himself would do that and be able to pass with flying colours, so I think the ability for me to be able to transition into different things is what puts me above those guys."

Really? That shit doesn't make any sense. Anderson Silva fought at WW in Shooto and HW in Pride, and took several LHW bouts in the UFC for that matter. It's funny how he doesn't mention that him fighting for a belt after the GP, happened fucking 1.5 years later so there's absolutely nothing special about it, and he LOST that fight! Seriously?

This is shocking to some but athletes do not make the money they do by being historians or analyzing their sport, not to mention they have literal biases as they know the competitors and have stakes in it themselves. So their opinions on who the GOAT are should be taken with a grain of salt just like any one elses.

They're just as prone to saying inconsistent things as basement dwellers like "Rodtang is the goat MT fighter" (something MM literally said)

This is what happens when casuals regurgitate cheap UFC promo… guys like MM actually start believing in the hype.

This is the same guy who was ducking TJ and opting to fight cans like Chris Cariosso, Ray Borg, and Wilson Reis in title fights. Then goes to the minor leagues and gets knocked out.

He never wanted to challenge himself and looked mediocre against the only legit guys he faced.

Anyone who actually said this guy should be in GOAT consideration is a clown.

He’s obviously very talented and well rounded. A bunch of good wins and a couple of great highlight finishes.

Then again, he’s the size of preadolescent child. While I appreciate the skillset and ability to fight, I can’t seriously consider him the best over the likes of GSP, Silva, Fedor..

<WhatItIs>

The little irrelevant man finally shows his true colors. The humble act during his reign wasn't sincere.

You could see from his actions what was really on his mind. He was trying to break the statistical record by fighting the easiest competition available(which was most of his division aside from a few, who he struggled or lost to) so that he could claim GOAT.

When he did everything he could to duck TJ it was obvious what his legacy was. For the record I do not rank him in the top 20 ATG's.

I know it's not fair but his height works against him on the goat list.

I know it's not fair but his height works against him on the goat list.

Why is it not fair though? It's a fact that such small humans are very small in numbers, that means the amount of them who compete in MMA is laughably small. That means a lower level of competition, pretty easy logic to follow.

DJ's legacy is based on myth, on what if's. "Oh if they were the same size as". All hypothetical nonsense.

Funny thing is when he had the chance to actually prove how good he'd be against the bigger fighters he ducked and ran.

No, he didn't have anywhere near the competition level that GSP and Silva did, they fought way better guys. Mouse has some good wins like John Dodson and Cedujo. Just look at all of their resumes and the names and its obvious. The best guy that Mouse fought was Cruz and it was a totally one sided whooping.

Nah. In terms of strength of schedule I got GSP right up there with Jon Jones. If you wanna compare finishers Anderson easily takes it.

MM is a great fighter tho
gps got crushed like a bug by a manlet so that automatically dq him, he also couldn't beat prime matt hughes and had to wait till he was past his prime to get his win. Jones is the clear goat!

Why is it not fair though? It's a fact that such small humans are very small in numbers, that means the amount of them who compete in MMA is laughably small. That means a lower level of competition, pretty easy logic to follow.

DJ's legacy is based on myth, on what if's. "Oh if they were the same size as". All hypothetical nonsense.

Funny thing is when he had the chance to actually prove how good he'd be against the bigger fighters he ducked and ran.
I don't think the level of competition of Jon Jones was actually that much better if any than DJ.

FLW is not the deepest division but LHW isn't either.

Back