• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media D Johnson: I'm a greater fighter than GSP and Silva

midget fighting is really just a sideshow kind of thing

You know he’s a MiniBoss tho, cuz he’s got a dime wife that’s taller than him

You'll notice how the consensus GOATs like Fedor, Silva and GSP never mention themselves as being the greatest. When you know you're up there, you don't feel like you have anything left to prove.

DJ kind of had the technique of GSP with the highlight finishes of Anderson.

Despite all his skills he'd still get beaten up by an untrained man with good genetics. Manlet can't be the GOAT of fighting.
As a fellow small guy, I have to agree with this. When I'm bigger than you at 5ft 5in, 130lbs, you cannot be on any GOAT lists.

Habibi you´re 135. Is that talent pool deep there ? How many guys can make 135. I easily take Spider and GSP alone on damage of the weight class ahead of him.

He also didn’t have the level of pharmaceutical support JJ, Silva and maybe even GSP had.

But he’s too short and unfortunately in this sport: looks sell. You got look like a tough mofo and not a short friendly person to get the corporate investment in terms of a marketing push behind you. UFC were literally looking to close a division down. SMH

His right to feel slighted by it but it’s the unfortunate nature of this business. It’s a business not a charity. They follow the dollars primarily

Nah. Not a big GSP fan but he's got more top wins all of which were against tougher competition as well as double champ status. Mighty Mouse gets blown out the water by GSP in the goat conversation not that it means much since GSP is #2 GOAT all time at worst, bare minimum.

Beating cans like Ray Borg for a career and calling himself GOAT <Hendricks02>

Lmao, I have completely missed this delusional take from the mouse. This is his reasoning why:

"For me to have 11 consecutive title defences and always look for the finish against my opponents, the list goes on. To be able to go to a different organisation where I’m fighting at 135lb against bigger opponents in a different rule set. I was able to win a world grand prix which is a tournament-style, three fights in one year, and then turn around and fight for the belt. I go do an IBJJF Brazilian jiu-jitsu tournament. My first time in the gi, brown belt masters at 37 years old and I go out there and I win it. Not one point got scored on me, not any one of those fighters, not even fucking Jon Jones himself would do that and be able to pass with flying colours, so I think the ability for me to be able to transition into different things is what puts me above those guys."

Really? That shit doesn't make any sense. Anderson Silva fought at WW in Shooto and HW in Pride, and took several LHW bouts in the UFC for that matter. It's funny how he doesn't mention that him fighting for a belt after the GP, happened fucking 1.5 years later so there's absolutely nothing special about it, and he LOST that fight! Seriously?

The midget divisions are just made to fill up events and make money, a fighter being the size of a mouse doesnt give him the choice of fighting other small guys they normally should fight with no weight classes to see who's the best.

Which means from 170 and up are the only real fighters we have as they cut a lot and some can bulk up to 220+ and scrap with heavyweights

I can't knock DJ. He's small even at 125, and can take on beasts like Moraes and Rodtang at 135. Plus he's pretty old now to be leading the lighter divisions. Would anyone be surprised by him beating Pantoja and O'Malley even today?

Sherdog types just hate because he's the manlet of manlets.

"Dj sucks cuz his opponents suck"

He is either #1-2 with GSP.

I think Jones would be #1 were it not for the failed tests.

People who say DJs competition was bad don't know what they're talking about. Baugatinov, Horiguchi, Torres, KID, Dodson, Benavidez, Moraes, Cejudo, are top shelf wins. And he should have won that second Cejudo fight.

The little irrelevant man finally shows his true colors. The humble act during his reign wasn't sincere.

You could see from his actions what was really on his mind. He was trying to break the statistical record by fighting the easiest competition available(which was most of his division aside from a few, who he struggled or lost to) so that he could claim GOAT.

When he did everything he could to duck TJ it was obvious what his legacy was. For the record I do not rank him in the top 20 ATG's.

The little irrelevant man? What have you done in life?

And what do you think would happen in a fight between you and that irrelevant little man?

Why is it not fair though? It's a fact that such small humans are very small in numbers, that means the amount of them who compete in MMA is laughably small. That means a lower level of competition, pretty easy logic to follow.

DJ's legacy is based on myth, on what if's. "Oh if they were the same size as". All hypothetical nonsense.

Funny thing is when he had the chance to actually prove how good he'd be against the bigger fighters he ducked and ran.

What the fuck are you talking about he fights at 135lbs and just beat Moraes twice, in spectacular fashion, and competes against much larger guys even though he is in his late 30s.

I see him as the best 125 lb fighter in history. GSP/Silva are better fighters. I have him at 5th. Jones and Fedor ahead of him also(at least)...

Like being the best dwarf basketball player.

<Fedor23>

Lmao, I have completely missed this delusional take from the mouse. This is his reasoning why:

"For me to have 11 consecutive title defences and always look for the finish against my opponents, the list goes on. To be able to go to a different organisation where I’m fighting at 135lb against bigger opponents in a different rule set. I was able to win a world grand prix which is a tournament-style, three fights in one year, and then turn around and fight for the belt. I go do an IBJJF Brazilian jiu-jitsu tournament. My first time in the gi, brown belt masters at 37 years old and I go out there and I win it. Not one point got scored on me, not any one of those fighters, not even fucking Jon Jones himself would do that and be able to pass with flying colours, so I think the ability for me to be able to transition into different things is what puts me above those guys."

Really? That shit doesn't make any sense. Anderson Silva fought at WW in Shooto and HW in Pride, and took several LHW bouts in the UFC for that matter. It's funny how he doesn't mention that him fighting for a belt after the GP, happened fucking 1.5 years later so there's absolutely nothing special about it, and he LOST that fight! Seriously?

Dude is 4’11” and fights a veritable list of nobodies in the UFC compared to GSP and Silva. Then wants to use some 3rd rate organization and their list of nobodies to bolster his absurd claim?
I like Mighty Mouse but he’s delusional at best with this take.

Back