Nate Diaz fined $20,000, Suspended Three Months for Homophobic Slur

A terrible, disrespectful way for him to go. Torres should have a much better legacy than he does.
Combat Chronicles did a great audio documentary on his career, led to a very touching interaction with him I saw on twitter.
View attachment 1018737

Just weird shit sir.
I'll never understand it tbh.

UFC was woke before woke. Remember Miguel Torres(I think that his last name)? Rape van joke ruined his career

Just weird shit sir.
I'll never understand it tbh.
They were squashing anything that could get them to lose out on the Fox deal iirc. Bitch move by Dana, then they rehired him, he lost only once, and they refire him. Miguel was a great ambassador of the sport and it's a crying shame how he was treated by the UFC.

A terrible, disrespectful way for him to go. Torres should have a much better legacy than he does.
Combat Chronicles did a great audio documentary on his career, led to a very touching interaction with him I saw on twitter.
View attachment 1018737
I had Miguel winning his fight with DJ. He was so active off his back and neutralized almost all of DJ’s top game or at least that’s how I remember it. Could be wrong so idk he definitely was a pioneer in the 135 division

Back in the day, the UFC had to fight for the sport to even be legal, let alone socially accepted

Now that the UFC is a big established player, they view the same slur as good for business by drumming up controversy
2013 UFC was pretty well established at that point

Caraway. Not too many folks liked him back in the day. A lot of fans were jealous he was with Miesha Tate back then, and if memory serves me correct, he was kind of a douche. lol
Memory serves you correct.

I probably would have called him a tool or a knob, maybe wanker...
but douche works.

I had Miguel winning his fight with DJ. He was so active off his back and neutralized almost all of DJ’s top game or at least that’s how I remember it. Could be wrong so idk he definitely was a pioneer in the 135 division
I'll have to rewatch, but I do recall thinking at the time that Torres won.
MMA Junkie gave it to Torres 30-27
Sherdog also scored it 30-27 for Torres
Dang, I'm going to rewatch that fight and see how terribly Miguel got robbed.

It's 2013? It's before they sold the company and they got mainstream. UFC still had this white trash public image. They use the word now but most people have to apologize. Dana can't even talk shit either since he got in trouble for slapping his wife.

They were squashing anything that could get them to lose out on the Fox deal iirc. Bitch move by Dana, then they rehired him, he lost only once, and they refire him. Miguel was a great ambassador of the sport and it's a crying shame how he was treated by the UFC.

That's what happens when you sell your soul to big corporations sir.

May 17, 2013

Yj4NYg5.jpg

Nate Diaz's choice of words on Thursday cost him $20,000 the next day.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced Friday both a fine and a three-month suspension for the fighter, stemming from using a homophobic slur on Twitter against fellow competitor Bryan Caraway.

The suspension would put Diaz on the shelf through Aug. 17. While it is likely not to delay his next scheduled fight, it does mean that during his suspension UFC won't book him for any requested paid personal appearances during the period.

"The language used in his tweet was regrettable, offensive and inconsistent with the values and culture of the organization, and is not tolerable," said the statement by Zuffa, the parent company of the UFC.
They also stated that the money will be donated to charity.

Dana White in 2009 used the same word in an emotional diatribe against a reporter and a story, came under fire for it and immediately apologized. On several occasions, White has expressed the view that he realized it was a big mistake to use that word because of what is symbolizes to gays.

7ggkQKL.png

Diaz's manager, Mike Kogan, on Thursday night, defended his client's use of the word, stating that the Urban

Dictionary said the slur he used meant punk, and was not in reference to homosexuals.

Thanks for pointing out the fall of the US and western culture in general as we stumble over our own offended feet trying to figure out how to handle what to call a very vocal minority that now has a lot of power. They don't even know what to call themselves LOL. Fucking Hell this power includes firing, blanking, cancellation and more. Just 'cuz. Motivations are never examined, language never examined. Cancel first. Ask questions later. Good job USA.

Miguel Torres should be in GOAT talks.

well it’s good to see ufc is making progress.

Those were the days, lorenzo in charge, just the 5 adult male weight classes

Just a bunch of scrawny bitches calf kicking eachother now and avoiding their weight class

Nate doing this back when you faced some conduct repercussions and didn’t get canceled, called a phobe and labeled a white supremacist. The Gen Z bots were still being programmed at the factories.

My My how the times have changed

Dana can even hit his wife and nothing is done

2013? Someone revoke this mods privileges. He is kinda the red headed step child of the sherdog mods anyway. What are you trying to be? Another @Drunken Meat Fist ? You will never be.

May 17, 2013

Yj4NYg5.jpg

Nate Diaz's choice of words on Thursday cost him $20,000 the next day.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced Friday both a fine and a three-month suspension for the fighter, stemming from using a homophobic slur on Twitter against fellow competitor Bryan Caraway.

The suspension would put Diaz on the shelf through Aug. 17. While it is likely not to delay his next scheduled fight, it does mean that during his suspension UFC won't book him for any requested paid personal appearances during the period.

"The language used in his tweet was regrettable, offensive and inconsistent with the values and culture of the organization, and is not tolerable," said the statement by Zuffa, the parent company of the UFC.
They also stated that the money will be donated to charity.

Dana White in 2009 used the same word in an emotional diatribe against a reporter and a story, came under fire for it and immediately apologized. On several occasions, White has expressed the view that he realized it was a big mistake to use that word because of what is symbolizes to gays.

7ggkQKL.png

Diaz's manager, Mike Kogan, on Thursday night, defended his client's use of the word, stating that the Urban

Dictionary said the slur he used meant punk, and was not in reference to homosexuals.

Timely, and topical as fuck if you delve deep enough. A bit random, though.

I’m pretty buzzed. Deep shit going on tonight.

But, I know Nate is your boy.

The presser when Conor was late. Nate did his part of the thing. As he was strolling out with his crew (you know who I mean).

A fucking war of Conor whipping full cans of an energy drink at the Diaz crew. Then shit got thrown back a bit. But you can’t count Shields. I would never embarrass half the planet by saying “He throws like a girl”.

No, girls throw better.

War Nate.

Have a good Holiday Season @Jackonfire

My best wishes to you, and yours.

Back