Rumored Charles Oliviera vs Arman Tsarukyan

He beat #2 and number 1 is a rematch. Like it or not it’s going down!

It is completely absurd that Poirier would be ranked #2. He went LIFE AND DEATH with Dan Hooker, then beat Conor who hasn't beaten a ranked fighter in a dog's life. It was a farce.

JG gets smashed in title shots, why not add another one to it? 3 title shots in 6 fights, literally wtf

I'm starting to think that as well. Leon vs. Islam, charles vs. Arman, and gaethje vs. Max. I hate that idea, but it is something I can see the ufc doing.

I hope it's Islam vs Gaethje before Ramadan and Arman vs Charles for Islam's next opponent. Unless Benoit goes on an absolute tear, Islam's good to move up after 2 more defenses in my opinion. There's no more LW contenders even on the horizon at that point.

If they do, do Leon vs Islam, it's one of the coolest p4p fights ever. I don't endorse it just as I didn't Volk vs Islam for the sake of the divisions and sport but man...It's probably the most interesting fight the UFC can put on for me, just from a skill point of view.

Makhachev is not fighing leon edwards and there is nothing that says he's fighting on UFC 300, in fact since it's on april 13th, forget about Islam figthing there.

Islam likely wants to fight before April so that Saudi card would make most sense. If not then he could be pushed to may or june which would suck sitting him that long. But yeah he's not moving to WW, dont think UFC entertains that until he's passed Khabib's title defense record. Probably needs to beat Justin and then Arman/Charles winner and then they'd consider it.

It is completely absurd that Poirier would be ranked #2. He went LIFE AND DEATH with Dan Hooker, then beat Conor who hasn't beaten a ranked fighter in a dog's life. It was a farce.

JG gets smashed in title shots, why not add another one to it? 3 title shots in 6 fights, literally wtf
Poirier has a win over JG. Only one man currently fighting can make that claim. That’s why he is ranked that high. The only other guy to beat JG was Charles and he got absolutely annihilated by Islam and has refused the rematch twice already. JG is the only logical choice.

I think Charles wants Islam. They must be paying him a lot if he takes this fight.

The idea of Justin fighting the champ is a joke. He has no ground game. Justin vs Max is also lame because of weight.

Guess they're making for ínterim strap. Also, Makhachev is moving up to face Edwards. Both of the matchups on UFC 300.
Wouldn't be Islam at 300. Doubt he'd have a training camp during Ramadan at all, let alone one where he has to gain 15 lbs.

They could do it at 299 and tell Gaethje/Oliveira it's for a vacant title if Islam wins the WW belt, but Leon isn't going to agree to fight again till probably summer.

Worried about Charles chin here, but my god would I love to watch Arman lose.

Poirier has a win over JG. Only one man currently fighting can make that claim. That’s why he is ranked that high. The only other guy to beat JG was Charles and he got absolutely annihilated by Islam and has refused the rematch twice already. JG is the only logical choice.

Charles MURDERED both Poirier and JG.

At face value its absolutely absurd for Justin to get 3 title shots in 6 fights. That means he's literally fighting for the title every other fight on average. That is too stupid to require a further comment.

Charles MURDERED both Poirier and JG.

At face value its absolutely absurd for Justin to get 3 title shots in 6 fights. That means he's literally fighting for the title every other fight on average. That is too stupid to require a further comment.
He has had zero fights against Islam. No other fighter is as exciting, and has earned it more. Islam’s sloppy seconds can sort it out (Charles and Tsarukyan ) as to who gets their ass tapped next.

We just committing to fucking over divisions at this point? Not once has the whole double-champ thing worked well. It just stagnates the divisions.
For that matter, both Edwards and Islam have contenders waiting.
nah Islam beat them both pretty convincingly and seems easy matchup style wise. Honestly Justin is a more intriguing matchup as I think Islam neither has the Chain wrestling takedowns or the chin to Bang it out with Justin. Kinda expecting a Huge upset and I am a Islam fan myself. also edwards fight could be very rough too

Wouldn't be Islam at 300. Doubt he'd have a training camp during Ramadan at all, let alone one where he has to gain 15 lbs.

They could do it at 299 and tell Gaethje/Oliveira it's for a vacant title if Islam wins the WW belt, but Leon isn't going to agree to fight again till probably summer.
Lets see

I like Olives but I think his time is somewhat running out. I think he has one more year left. I feel like if he takes out Arman then give him a shot but a fair one that is outside of the UAE.

I hope it's Islam vs Gaethje before Ramadan and Arman vs Charles for Islam's next opponent. Unless Benoit goes on an absolute tear, Islam's good to move up after 2 more defenses in my opinion. There's no more LW contenders even on the horizon at that point.

If they do, do Leon vs Islam, it's one of the coolest p4p fights ever. I don't endorse it just as I didn't Volk vs Islam for the sake of the divisions and sport but man...It's probably the most interesting fight the UFC can put on for me, just from a skill point of view.

They're all interesting fights on their own, I just don't like what they do to the divisions. I'd rather see Islam vs. Gaethje, arman, rematch charles, then fight whoever is next like Benoit or whoever. I miss long title runs and giving whoever is next the opportunity, regardless of whether we think he has much chance to win.

As for Edwarda vs Islam, I find it very interesting as well simply because Edwards has a lot of qualities that I think would give islam fits. I've been saying this for a while, but islam sucks at checking leg kicks and gets away with it because he mostly faces orthodox fighters that don't want to go shin to shin. He also relies on the step back counter left hand, which again is perfect in that open stance. A southpaw will have a much easier time leg kicking islam, and won't be there as easily for the counter left of islams. The southpaw stance also makes the single leg less easily available. It's partially why I'm interested in Benoit's development as well.

That said, I have concerns about Edward's chin and his cardio when people push a pace on him. It's an interesting fight, and I'd enjoy it, but I'd prefer islam stack up some defences at LW since he has 0 against lightweights.

Last edited:
Why the fuck not. Would be a sick fight, all action no doubt. I'd probably go for Oliveira.

Back