Rewatch You guys remember Kenny Florini?

I think he fled to Sicily because of the RICO act

He just randomly popped up in my head. I know he had 3 title fights and a bunch of good fights, but it’s been so long I forget his fighting style besides being a southpaw.

I just remember when he was fight week for Aldo. At the time it was kind of a big deal making weight for Kenny. He was considered big for featherweight and I remember he had to diet pretty strictly.
It’s funny cuz if I were to look at him today, I don’t think he’s particularly large for featherweight. IIRC he’s like 5’9 and not super muscular.

I also remember Aldo having some hard weight cuts at fw too. And now hes not even a featherweight for todays standards.
Funny how the game changes

I WANT BJ'S BELT !!!

I FINISH FIGHTS. carefully lands one elbow that cuts the guy, finishing the fight. he wasn't wrong. but also why PRIDE was right in banning elbows.

Kenny finally thought the plagiarism jokes had died out o_O
Then this thread happened o_O
KennyFlorian-Quotes_crop_north.jpg

Wasn't he a 155 fighter from Finland or something?
We would gladly adopt Florini if he ever decided to become a Finn. Even if he isnt fighting anymore and hasnt for past 12 years.

He just randomly popped up in my head. I know he had 3 title fights and a bunch of good fights, but it’s been so long I forget his fighting style besides being a southpaw.

I just remember when he was fight week for Aldo. At the time it was kind of a big deal making weight for Kenny. He was considered big for featherweight and I remember he had to diet pretty strictly.
It’s funny cuz if I were to look at him today, I don’t think he’s particularly large for featherweight. IIRC he’s like 5’9 and not super muscular.

I also remember Aldo having some hard weight cuts at fw too. And now hes not even a featherweight for todays standards.
Funny how the game changes
1703930330373.png

You members Broccoli Lesnar

I always thought that he was underrated and garnered an unreasonable amount of hate (pre-plagiarism). I am guessing it had to do with him not having that Robbie Lawler Gears of War character face/physique. Sherdoggers just cannot support these scrawny, average joe-looking fighters.

Since this is a random thoughts thread: it's worth noting what happens to fighters who used to be top ranked in their division, fought for a title multiple times - they are completely forgotten by fans. The Florini name has not been mentioned on here for years.

I think about Kenny every single day, he's a real dreamboat.

"Kenny Florini was never my friend" - Kevin Florian

You would be wrong.

Kenny was rail skinny, shredded and bone dry on the scale making 145lbs. Don't confuse height with size, Kenny's frame was big for the division and it was a very difficult weight cut.

8IT96m1.jpg

While this is true, Kenny wasn't making this cut in the dark ages. He's a smart and educated guy and went about the weight cut with long preparation and research. This was a stretch cut for someone his size today.
I actually think he looks really good there.
I don’t think you understand what “rail skinny and bone dry” means. That cut is par for the course.

IMG_8400.jpegIMG_8401.jpeg

IMG_8396.jpegIMG_8405.jpegIMG_8402.jpegIMG_8406.jpeg

Kenny is 100% a 145’er by todays standards.

I didn’t even put in photos of Poirier or Zombie who are of similar height at 145

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back