News Phil Baroni arrested for murdering his girlfriend in Mexico (Facing 30-50 yr)

You misunderstand. I'm not saying he didn't have it. I'm saying it didn't make him continue his wannabe gangster lifestyle, and murder somebody.

I'm not denying that CTE existed among these individuals. I'm denying that it had anything to do with these guys' crimes.

CTE absolutely does have an effect on decision making. Maybe he would have continued his wanna be gangster lifestyle without murdering someone had he not had CTE. You don't know.

Itdoesn't seem as if you have ever had your brain scrambled? Try getting cracked so hard you get concussed on top of a dislocated jaw. See how rational your behavior is dealing with the initial symptoms afterwards. Let's see how calm you are.

CTE absolutely does have an effect on decision making. Maybe he would have continued his wanna be gangster lifestyle without murdering someone had he not had CTE. You don't know.
I think at that point, you're using CTE as a catch all for bad behavior. I think his general juvenile stupidity, that he exhibited for his entire adult life, had more to do with it. It's not like he's some unique case of an athlete(or musician or whatever the fuck) making it, striking it rich, and then refusing to shed their prior "questionable" lifestyle, which leads to them getting into trouble down the road.

Itdoesn't seem as if you have ever had your brain scrambled? Try getting cracked so hard you get concussed on top of a dislocated jaw. See how rational your behavior is dealing with the initial symptoms afterwards. Let's see how calm you are.

I've been concussed(as have millions of other non-murderers). Can't say it turned me into an irrational, homicidal psychopath.

I think at that point, you're using CTE as a catch all for bad behavior. I think his general juvenile stupidity, that he exhibited for his entire adult life, had more to do with it. It's not like he's some unique case of an athlete(or musician or whatever the fuck) making it, striking it rich, and then refusing to shed their prior "questionable" lifestyle, which leads to them getting into trouble down the road.

I've been concussed(as have millions of other non-murderers). Can't say it turned me into an irrational, homicidal psychopath.
It does make you meaner tho. I have frontal lobe damage from a TBI and it made me meaner and impulsive. Been in jail several times that I probly wouldnt have been had I not cracked my skull. The TBI also got me outta jail early last time too. Ive wanted to kill people several times but going back to jail stopped me from doing something stupid like that. Hell I dont even carry my gun anymore because its too tempting to just blast some stupid punk when they start shit.

Spot on. Imagine you get a pass for murdering someone by saying "oh I was on my period"

Spot on. Imagine you get a pass for murdering someone by saying "oh I was on my period"

That's what the insanity plea is.

It doesn't work often, though if you can demonstrate via MRI of fMRI that there is brain damage that show a person can't make "regular decisions and judgement", then it could be factored into the case.

A lot of peeps have been concussed, including the response you're posting to, myself.....not on the same level as NYBA, tho.

He had to fight way past the point he should've stopped due to health concerns.

Its an interesting case.

It could be the case that he gets jailed and it's most likely.

If he has the money (I know he's been struggling a lot recently), it might be worth getting an MRI.

It doesn't work often, though if you can demonstrate via MRI of fMRI that there is brain damage that show a person can't make "regular decisions and judgement", then it could be factored into the case.

A lot of peeps have been concussed, including the response you're posting to, myself.....not on the same level as NYBA, tho.

I actually finished watching The Devil Made me Do It which I didn't realize was based on a case where he did get a pass for claiming demons

I actually finished watching The Devil Made me Do It which I didn't realize was based on a case where he did get a pass for claiming demons

It was a cool movie.

I saw the show Messiah where the courts, being founded in "Under God" doctrine, had to find.......supernatural?.......causes to be included in their deliberation.

*Side note: there's a funny court case that went to trial where a person tried to sue God.

It was a cool movie.

I saw the show Messiah where the courts, being founded in "Under God" doctrine, had to find.......supernatural?.......causes to be included in their deliberation.

*Side note: there's a funny court case that went to trial where a person tried to sue God.
Everytime I look into the mirror I think about sueing that motherfucker

Same as Benoit, we will never know what would have happened in a parallel universe where they didn't have CTE. And there are people with CTE who don't kill people.

Whenever they look at something like this from the point of few of a coroner, it'd be listed as something like "probable contributing factor."

Having CTE isn't going to help with it comes to decision making.

who gives a shit if he has CTE or not? there's tons of people who have all kinds of varieties and severities of brain damage and it doesn't turn the majority of them into homicidal maniacs. people have to realize the kinds of people who willingly sign up to fight other people in a cage for money are almost always not the greatest of people on a morality level from the get go. it's not the brain damage that all of a sudden turns a pacifist into a violent lunatic. you have to have some of that evil in you already.

Last edited:
It does make you meaner tho. I have frontal lobe damage from a TBI and it made me meaner and impulsive. Been in jail several times that I probly wouldnt have been had I not cracked my skull. The TBI also got me outta jail early last time too. Ive wanted to kill people several times but going back to jail stopped me from doing something stupid like that. Hell I dont even carry my gun anymore because its too tempting to just blast some stupid punk when they start shit.
Shitty deal. How did you get brain injured?

Shitty deal. How did you get brain injured?
Ran out in front of 2 cars people said were drag racing. They said my truck was airborne for 150 feet. Coma for 2 weeks had to learn to walk and talk again and still have anger and impulse problems from it.I Havnt been to jail in a long time tho. I tell everyone on here if ya get mad and need something to calm you down try ashwagandha, I been on so many drugs Ive lost count but it works. Thanks for mentioning it on here sweetviolenturge wherever u are now.:)

Its an interesting case.

It could be the case that he gets jailed and it's most likely.

If he has the money (I know he's been struggling a lot recently), it might be worth getting an MRI.
Dunno bout Mexico, but in the American justice system, an insanity finding ends up with MORE time on average

Dunno bout Mexico, but in the American justice system, an insanity finding ends up with MORE time on average

In America, if the person pleads insanity and wins, the person can't be incarcerated.

They go for evaluation and treatment.

It's just in very rare cases that the defense actually goes through.

Back