News Conor McGregor opens as favourite against Michael Chandler

Do you agree with those odds?

• Total voters
I can taste the money

e6a4c90a9ff93aec23d8d7a0df30dd82

Chandler -170
Conor +140

Imo. Too many variables to be too confident either way but Chandler has at least won fights in the last 3 years & seems to be the hungrier fighter. Silk-sheets Conor is stuck in the mud, will get his calf kicked clean off.

I voted 'Yes,' but it depends on his strategy.

A karate-style Conor who's A-Strategy is to blitz his opponent in the 1st minute, like he did against Ceronne, is one of the most terrifying forces in MMA.

And before anyone calls me a nuthugger, that's one of the only ways he can win, or to take advantage of one of Chandler's mistakes (Two of Chandler's three losses are due to mistakes).

Practically every other factor is in Chandler's advantage.

It solely depends on if Chandler wants to brawl like an idiot as usual or actually grapple.
At this point in Chandler's career, he's too smart to risk being KO'd from Conor. No doubt Conor will go for the KO early - Chandler will avoid it and then embarrass McGregor by wrestling him with absolutely no mercy shown.

My money will be on Chandler - if he gets knocked out... he deserves it.

Shouldnt Chandler be the small favorite here? Odds are more about where the money is going, but the conditions are not ideal for him.

I have a hard time justifying Conor as much of a favorite considering all the question marks and red flags surrounding him. I can 100% see legitimate paths to victory for McGregor against Chandler depending on a variety of variables, don't get me wrong. I just have slightly more more faith in Michael... I guess.

I'm not much of an odds or betting guy, but I feel like anything from a pick 'em to -150 Chandler seems right to me.

Back