News Masvidal Unretires

Good idea?

• Total voters
Called this right when Leon announced he would be fighting but the opponent wasn’t announced..

Mas is a fun fighter their is plenty of fun striking matches you can have with him and draws,

Maybe if he wears a mask, or his alters his gimmick.

Maybe like, Demon Maz.

he could definitely make some waves with lax drug testing! Very exciting!

Mas coming back is more legit than anyone else unretiring with the exception of Diaz.

Mas is a dipshit but still has more in the tank than Tony.

A decent "stand and bang" opponent for Chandler since he's wasted way too much time waiting for Conor. It would have to be at WW, though.

why? there’s no reason to watch him fight. can’t beat the best guys, never could, and never will. he’s already served his purpose as a card filler. no use in reliving that.
Half the guys on any given PPV will never be able to beat the best guys. What's your point?

He hasn't won a single round in over 4 years.
Context matters. The guys he lost to are absolute beasts. Literally top 3 ranked guys. 2 of those losses were against Usman.

Masvidal can still hang with a fringe top 15 guy. He's nowhere near Ferguson status.
Put him against Holland or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's already broke. He doesn't strike me as a very intelligent individual.

Masvidal Vs Holland or Ian Gary. Those would be fun fights.

Context matters. The guys he lost to are absolute beasts. Literally top 3 ranked guys. 2 of those losses were against Usman.

Masvidal can still hang with a fringe top 15 guy. He's nowhere near Ferguson status.
Put him against Holland or something.
Probably, but he's 39 with 4 straight losses. At some point fighters just get old and slow. Like Tony, Mas is tough/durable and doesn't get finished much. But also like Tony, his last win was in 2019 and that's the last time he showed any real offense or ability to damage his opponent.

Given that he and Tony had one common opponent in the last 4 years (Nate) and Masvidal did a lot better than Tony, I'd pick Mas. But I'm not sure how many guys Masvidal could beat at this point who aren't super shot like Tony.

Back