Why do people dislike Subway so much? (Now with 2024 Update!)

Subway is arguably the worst of the sandwich chains but somehow became the most popular. Everyone defending it is just arguing its not that bad, which tells you all you need to know. Like a fucking sandwich is something hard to make.

Because people are retarded and think they are better than what they truly are.

Subway is not bad, and it is cheap and convenient.

I usually get the Turkey/Bacon/Avocado foot long, on Honey Wheat Bread. Add Jalapenos and mustard + oil and vinegar and salt and peppa.

Id rather eat a dead womans ass than to eat that shite sir.

"In 2014, a petition created by blogger/activist Vani Hari, AKA Foodbabe, urged the chain to remove azodicarbonamide, a substance also found in yoga mats, from its bread. Just days — and quite a bit of public backlash later -- Subway agreed to phase out the ingredient."

Eat up.

Subway is arguably the worst of the sandwich chains but somehow became the most popular. Everyone defending it is just arguing its not that bad, which tells you all you need to know. Like a fucking sandwich is something hard to make.

In 2014, a petition created by blogger/activist Vani Hari, AKA Foodbabe, urged the chain to remove azodicarbonamide, a substance also found in yoga mats, from its bread. Just days — and quite a bit of public backlash — later Subway agreed to phase out the ingredient.

Wouldn't eat that shit if it was free sir.

Last edited:
It’s not even classified bread. It’s utter garbage and cheap poison that should be illegal.

$5 footlong was literally probably their kiss of death. Now it's hard for people to justify going there paying double that.

I can't believe Sherdog got immortalized by Bing for... defending Subway? God damn. Making us look uncultured!

I love Subway, everytime I go to southern Canada, i make sure i go there at least once...same with McDonalds. I like to go eat at places that we don't have in the Arctic.

Sweet Onion Chicken Terikeyi baby!
Italian Herbs and Cheese, cucumbers, hot peppers, green peppers, onions, and add the cheddar cheese when heating up the chicken (not all locations do this), dab some pepper, sweet onion sauce.
i used to get lettuce but man that veggie overpowers all other taste, so stopped putting it on and can taste everything a lot better now

Because their mascot is a pedophile

Used to be ok for making a turd...now it's not even that...

Better options now.

It’s the yoga mat bread.

1. The meat is wet and sweaty.
2. The bread has rubber in it.
3. The typical Subway worker in NY smells worse than the food.

Used to get a footlong sub for $3.99. I don't mind Subway but it's hard to justify paying a lot of money for what they give you.

It's pretty gross, but I ate at Jimmy John's the other day and that shit was $12 for a sando chips and drink!?..I usually just make my own sandwiches for lunch, they're way better and I spend a lot less.
now it's $12 for just the sandwich 😭

Used to get a footlong sub for $3.99. I don't mind Subway but it's hard to justify paying a lot of money for what they give you.

Yeah, when I was single and on minimum wage in a bedsit, I'd eat twice a day, and a tuna mayo footlong with three cookies and a coke would be my regular dinner. Used to be £5.99, and very filling.

Nowadays it goes for £8.50, and I can eat in for that price.

Back