Why do people dislike Subway so much? (Now with 2024 Update!)

There are worse things in the world for sure, but you can make a much better sub just by going to the grocery store and picking up some cajun turkey, fresh lettuce, fresh tomato and decent sub roll.

Subway has mediocre bread, lettuce and tomatoes that aren't fresh, and low quailty meat.

I think what happened is with rise of local restaurants and unique flavors, people ended up developing higher standards for very good food. I mean subway is around but Quiznos is on life support and its barely a thing. Somewhere down the line in the late 2000s, people started yearning for better food.

I still like subway but its just that we have lots of options these days.

$5 footlong is now $18.12

This.

Subway was my main source to avoid starvation between 2008 & 2010 when in welding school.

But now... they've thinned out the thickness of the sandwiches and increased the prices far beyond what is considered a 'good value.'

And there's been headlines over the years implying the meat barely meets the qualifications to meet the definition of 'meat.'

I get coupons in the mail for 6" sandwich for $5, and a footlong for $9. Not even worth it with coupons.

Thank god I learned to cook at home.

Subway is expensive now
20+ dollars for a sub combo
No more sub of the day
Overpriced and not as good as Quiznos and other places
I used to eat subway a lot, I have no reason to go there anymore

I don;t blame you, I wouldn't want to go there anymore either if they fired my boss/girlfriend.

Its funny how I live rent free in so many of your heads, and just living my life triggers you so badly.

To be fair, both of you are insufferable pricks.
If you're nice to me, I'm nice to you. I definitely wouldn't classify myself as a prick. Insufferable? That's your opinion. Many of you have huge character flaws, worse than mine, and I don't judge you for them. The reality is a lot of you just can't find happiness, so you look to ridicule others to make yourself feel better. I get it.

I go out to eat like twice a week with a friend but she fucking hates Subway so it's always Firehouse for subs. That's probably the best option anyway.

If you're nice to me, I'm nice to you. I definitely wouldn't classify myself as a prick. Insufferable? That's your opinion. Many of you have huge character flaws, worse than mine, and I don't judge you for them. The reality is a lot of you just can't find happiness so you look to ridicule others to make yourself feel better. I get it.
I just find your threads and most general posts you make to be annoying. I'm definitely not trying to hurt your feelings or make myself feel any better, I'm just giving my opinion. I hope you lead a wonderful life and receive many blessings.

I just find your threads and most general posts you make to be annoying. I'm definitely not trying to hurt your feelings or make myself feel any better, I'm just giving my opinion. I hope you lead a wonderful life and receive many blessings.

Because I'm purposely excessively boastful as a joke, and since many of you don't understand my personality, you take it the wrong way. Sorry that you find me annoying, but what exactly was the point of your post, trying to call me insufferable and a prick, when I never said a word to you. Who sounds like the prick in this situation? Just a little food for thought bud.

My post was about subway, and only subway. I get some random jobber quoting me about my girlfriend and when I respond you call me an insufferable prick. Do you think I would ever care enough about someone here to try and bash them about their girlfriend in a subway thread?

Last edited:
Because I'm purposely excessively boastful as a joke, and since many of you don't understand my personality, you take it the wrong way. Sorry that you find me annoying, but what exactly was the point of your post, trying to call me insufferable and a prick, when I never said a word to you. Who sounds like the prick in this situation? Just a little food for thought bud.

My post was about subway, and only subway. I get some random jobber quoting me about my girlfriend and when I respond you call me an insufferable prick. Do you think I would ever care enough about someone here to try and bash them about their girlfriend in a subway thread?
You're right, I apologize.

You can get a fucking good po boy for less than a foot long subway sandwich. Subway was never very good, just ok for the price. Now, it is not even ok for the price.

You may have... I'm still trying to figure it out.
Well, i hope you have her cell phone password. If you do, please do me a favor and delete my dick pics. I don't want my wife to find out about my lapse in judgement.

Well, i hope you have her cell phone password. If you do, please do me a favor and delete my dick pics. I don't want my wife to find out about my lapse in judgement.
Nah baby, them phallus photos are mine now

Back