Why do people dislike Subway so much? (Now with 2024 Update!)

10 bucks for a sandwich is not cheap

damn, this is a real old thread lol. i've had a bit of a change of heart when it comes to eating at subway. it's not very high quality, though if you're dirt poor, go for it. $10 isn't expensive if the sandwich is massive and of good quality. i still physically go into work, and there's an incredibly good sandwich shop across the street. they're on average $12-$13 dollars, but you get the absolute best quality, and the sandwiches are huge. unless you're really hungry, you can't eat it all in one sitting.

I may have mentioned this years ago when the thread was first made, but I can’t think of one reason people wouldn’t like Subway. Not one. I mean, it isn’t as if they made a sexual predator their spokesperson or anything.

You went viral, my man. That 2022 tweet resurfaced and spread around.

Never change, Sherdog Forums. Never ever change.

lmao, I was wondering why a decade old thread about Subway got necrod

loved the $5 foot long days and if there's any ladies that see this I'd be happy to bring it back for you.

Now though you can't get a foot long sub for under $12. I think the fact that it's so overpriced now and the economy is shit makes it less popular.

Next time I go to Subway I'm gonna be like 'More tomatoes, more tomatoes, more green peppers, more onion and more cucumber x3. Make it a sandwich salad.

They aren't that good. Their niche is many toppings but they are so cheap with it too. I don't like asking the person to keep adding stuff to it. Local sandwich shops are better but you are probably going to spend 15-20 for a decent sandwich.

When I saw "cheap" listed, I had to check the date. Yep, old as fuck. These days, they charge as much as (or more than) a real deli, and still give you a sandwich that's absolute dogshit in comparison.

I stopped going when they discontinued the sweet onion sauce and replaced it on the menu options with Jared's Cum.

Jared?
That said their lunchmeat has gotten terrible. And they stopped cutting the top off their bread. That was a deal breaker for me.

I used to like subway. Then I tried pretty much any other subway place and realized they were the bottom of the barrel so why go there? I can still eat it if I have to but you pretty much never have to.

Have you a sense of smell? The place stinks of meat slime.
I also have wawa all around.

Have you a sense of smell? The place stinks of meat slime.
I also have wawa all around.
Wawa suck now too. Their lunchmeat has went to shit, and their prices more then doubled.

But a lot of deli's are also shit. So if you're in a new or unknown place, and you need a submarine sandwich inside of you, Subway might be the safe bet.
Have you no sense of adventure?
I work with people who pretty much refuse to eat at a non chain, local restaurant on the road. It’s weird.

Well, for starters there chicken has so many additives it shouldn't really be called chicken, and they use a plastic by product in their bread.

But so cheap and tasty! Lol. As soon I found that out I stopped eating there.
I guess I really don't have any convictions, I've eaten there multiple times since I made this post 10 years ago. 😂

5 years ago added extra bacon and cheese and paid $17 for a footlong combo and never went back. with all the meat and condiments it lacks taste and you feel hungry again in 30 minutes.

The $5 footlong thing was kind of funny. Apparently Subway takes a 12.5% cut of weekly gross sales from franchise owners, and the franchisees kept complaining because they weren't making a profit on them, but subway just kept bringing it back anyway.

It was one of the better options for fast food, but like all of them, it isn't worth what they're charging now. When you have a catchy jingle that everyone knows about $5 footlongs, but now the price is like $15 for a meal and they want tips on top of that, you might as well go to a real restaurant.

subway ain’t bad for a big chain. There’s always cute chicks working at the one by my house, and the Italian sandwich isn’t bad. there are some things there that I wouldn’t order though...

Back