Why do people dislike Subway so much? (Now with 2024 Update!)

There's no excuse to eat subway. Go on yelp and find a local sandwich shop.

Yes, there are 2 subways in the entire country.
Post local sandwiches from your region. Maybe I am romanticizing Europe but I imagine you guys have good sandwiches.

Was in a hurry in a small town recently and all they really had was Subway. Shit was like 13 dollars with chips and a small drink. Holy hell. I'll likely never go back. Too many decent sandwich shops out there in that price range, 5-9 dollars was their target audience and they blew it.

Post local sandwiches from your region. Maybe I am romanticizing Europe but I imagine you guys have good sandwiches.

Danish sammich
As take away

20220329_121837_resized.jpg

What's there not to like?

Cheap
Tasty Sandwiches
Wide Variety
Convenient
Healthy

What other place can you get a quality footlong for 5 bucks?
Footlong for $5??? I don’t think so. Haven’t been there for a while, unless your getting the basic bullshit sandwich or buying two, I don’t remember them being $5 for a footlong for a long long time. And they’re using freshly sliced meat now, no way it’s cheaper.

"cheap"? With most of their sandwiches now hovering at a 10 dollar base price range, there's nothing "cheap" about Subway except the ingredients they use anymore.

"cheap"? With most of their sandwiches now hovering at a 10 dollar base price range, there's nothing "cheap" about Subway except the ingredients they use anymore.

I believe the footlongs are like 16$ in Canada now, so 18$ with our absurd sales tax. 20$ for a sandwich lol, I'm good.

Was in a hurry in a small town recently and all they really had was Subway. Shit was like 13 dollars with chips and a small drink. Holy hell. I'll likely never go back. Too many decent sandwich shops out there in that price range, 5-9 dollars was their target audience and they blew it.

Yeah, the 5 dollar footlong was really their saving grace for broke ass college students. Theres no reason to eat there today. Filthy casuals are just doing it out of habit.

Casuals, go on yelp and look up the top sandwich spots in your area. You are missing out.

Jersey Mikes is the superior chain sub shop
Yeah, ever since I discovered Jersey Mike's I haven't been to Subway. It's been a few years. I like Togo's, Jersey Mikes, and various grocery store delis.

I'm rather indifferent. It's just a sandwich. There's not some majestic method to making them, that your local deli has figured out. The meats are a little better, but it's a bit negligible all in all.

When ordering, you just gotta pay attention to the condition of their ingredients. Sometimes it can get bad, with employees not refreshing them, and they start throwing mushy tomatoes and rusty lettuce on there. If it's all fresh though, it's just a sub like any other.

Never got the extreme hate(or popularity for that matter) about them. They're just subs. You can't really fuck them that badly.

I'm rather indifferent. It's just a sandwich. There's not some majestic method to making them, that your local deli has figured out. The meats are a little better, but it's a bit negligible all in all.

When ordering, you just gotta pay attention to the condition of their ingredients. Sometimes it can get bad, with employees not refreshing them, and they start throwing mushy tomatoes and rusty lettuce on there. If it's all fresh though, it's just a sub like any other.

Never got the extreme hate(or popularity for that matter) about them. They're just subs. You can't really fuck them that badly.

You haven't been to many sandwich shops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back