Media Khamzat Chimaev Goes on Instagram Hinting at Being on UFC 300

Black9

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Think it's possible or is it just his usual fluff posts? If so, Who can it possibly be?

Leon vs Khamzat can definitely be headline worthy and interesting even if Khamzat sucks at cutting weight.

Only fight that makes sense would be Leon?
I dont know how much bigger he's gotten in his time off but people really exaggerate one weight miss.

So he'll be fighting a blown up LW at MW or agree to a WW bout but not make weight (while eating like shit the week of the fight).

I dont know how much bigger he's gotten in his time off but people really exaggerate one weight miss.
Him Vs Leon could definitely headline UFC 300 if he can actually make weight.

It would also make sense in the fact that they havent officially announced Belal vs Leon at all as of yet.

"makes sense" lol Chimaev is committed to middleweight now, he's never fighting at 170 again. He's either getting a title shot at 185 next or after one more win, no need to keep flip flopping weight classes.

Last edited:
I’ll believe it when it’s announced. Seems like we’ve seen him tease fighting a bunch of people often only for him to only fight once a year.

Think it's possible or is it just his usual fluff posts? If so, Who can it possibly be?

Leon vs Khamzat can definitely be headline worthy and interesting even if Khamzat sucks at cutting weight.

I went on his Instagram and there's nothing there.

If the 297 main event winner can't turn around in 3 month's, Izzy vs Khamzat, probably for an Interim belt even tho it shouldn't be, would make sense minus the Interim belt.

Otherwise the Cannonier fight makes the most sense.

That would be wild. but I think they save him for Saudi card.

Regardless, I don't see anyone stopping him.

Back