So who were the 3 opponents that were offered to Leon? And why is he not fighting on 300?

It really has turned into trash thanks to a variety of reasons, Dana white being one of the big problems. His contender series handing out contracts to nobodies and that slap fighting junk.

Junk-slap fighting sounds like a great sport, though. I better call Dana -- these fighters won't even want money, he can pay them in meth!

*taking practice swings at people's junk*

I'm not exactly a fan of Belal but that's disgraceful, he's the clear number 1 contender. The fact that 3 people were offered the fight and he isn't one of them is terrible

Yeah. They really didn't want Belal being the main event of the biggest card in history lol.

That doesn't mean he won't get the next shot now that Leon won't be on that card though.

A fight not being "worthy" of UFC 300 doesn't mean it won't be worthy to be on the next UK card for example.

I'm assuming Khamzat, Shavkat and Islam were the 3 guys offered to Leon for 300 then.

Ironic considering none of those guys are willing to fight during Ramadan but Belal is.

Good. He already got slaughtered by Leon and he is boring and whiney
He got fouled and robbed of a definitive ending. And where was all this "he's boring" bullshit a couple months ago when they were giving Colby a TS? Boring or not the guy has more than earned the opportunity.

I wanna know who the 3 were
Khabib/Islam/Khamzat would be my guess (if Dana wasn't lying that is)

All three said no for obvious reasons. Which is also why Dana said the reason none of them panned out was solely due to timing (Ramadan)

Under no circumstances will they legitimately offer Belal a title shot while the war in Palestine is happening

Yeah. They really didn't want Belal being the main event of the biggest card in history lol.

That doesn't mean he won't get the next shot now that Leon won't be on that card though.

A fight not being "worthy" of UFC 300 doesn't mean it won't be worthy to be on the next UK card for example.

I'm assuming Khamzat, Shavkat and Islam were the 3 guys offered to Leon for 300 then.
Except when Dana was asked about Belal getting the title shot (outside of 300), Dana replied….”I don’t know.”

This was at the post fight press conference.

Hate him or love him, you gotta admit that's just extremely disrespectful by the UFC.
Belal has deserved the next title shot for a while now but Dana continues to be POS.

Dana & co. are delaying his title shot on purpose. He's gonna be 36 soon. They're waiting till he's old and washed.
Well given the 35+ below MW stat, they're already where they need to be.

Except when Dana was asked about Belal getting the title shot (outside of 300), Dana replied….”I don’t know.”

This was at the post fight press conference.
I still think it will be.

Islam has already outlined his plans for 2024, and Leon wasn't in them. He said he wants to defend against Gaethje and Oliveira/Arman.

Shavkat might get the next shot, but he doesn't really deserve it. He beat 40 year old Wondervoy who is 1-3 in his last 4 fights, and actually struggled with him in the 1st round. Would be a joke if he got the shot ahead of Belal, even though Shertards would cream their pants.

Khamzat only fights once a year, in Abu Dhabi, or on twitter, and can't reliably make the weight.

Belal is boring, but is willing to fight any time, on any amount of notice. Allows for the UFC to be very flexible when putting that fight together.

Last edited:
He got fouled and robbed of a definitive ending. And where was all this "he's boring" bullshit a couple months ago when they were giving Colby a TS? Boring or not the guy has more than earned the opportunity.
He was very close to getting KOed and then decided to milk a questionable foul to save himself

Colby was boring af and looked like ass in his last fight, so what

All I know for sure is this proves Khamzat is a duck
Khamzat fights everyone everywhere anytime. Unless it's Ramadan, it's the wrong weight class, can't get an visa, it's not in Abu Dhabi, has the flu. But he'll see you soon champ 👊🐩

He was very close to getting KOed and then decided to milk a questionable foul to save himself

Colby was boring af and looked like ass in his last fight, so what
Pretty dumb to say he milked it, it was a blatant foul that clearly did a lot of damage to his eye and Belal has proven himself to be anything but a quitter. The guy has been calling for them to run it back since that night, that sure sounds like someone who wanted out.

The guy is pretty boring, there’s really no denying that but he’s earned the opportunity and it’s bullshit that others are being considered before him.

Just throwing this out there but perhaps...........

Dana lied?

That's insane. The guy is on a 9 fight win streak and not only is still not offered a title shot but THREE OTHER PEOPLE ARE OFFERED IT IN HIS PLACE and they ALL REFUSED and he STILL WASN'T OFFERED ONE.

You have to ask yourself at one point it's considered malevolent from the company ? I can't remember such prejudice against anyone not even Leon himself or Tony Ferguson. There's clearly prejudice against the guy at that point.

(For the three fighters my guess is Khamzat, Makhachev, who both declined because too close to Ramadan for them and Shavkat who is injured).

Shavkat might get the next shot, but he doesn't really deserve it. He beat 40 uear old Wondervoy who is 1-3 in his last 4 fights, and actually struggled with him in the 1st round. Would be a joke of he got the shot ahead of Belal, even though Shertards would cream their pants.

He was also struggling with Geoff Neal.

Why are the mods merging everything yet again? It's unreadable

All 3 of them were either reportedly injured or something about going to see Iron Maiden around that time. All 3 will probably not get a title shot for the next 2-3 years because of choosing a concert over the biggest card of the year.

Back