can we all admit now that Belal will NEVER get a title shot?

Such a weasely way to discredit 5 top 10 wins in a row lol
i'm giving him credit. i'm saying he should be in contention. but when you get your wins that way, have a nickname "Remember the Name" and try so hard to get people to like you, it's tough to get a title shot in the UFC over other contenders who excite the fans

Belal- the person who no one wants to be - right back to business!

If Belal wants a title shot he should be less like Palestinians and more like Chamas

The Khamzat speech is an interesting example. He hasn't fought since that speech however so it isn't a ringing endorsement that TKO holdings is the most accepting company. Back to my point though... Khamzat isn't Palestinian. So it is really apples to oranges. Plus it doesn't hurt that he spoke in Chechen so probably only a handful of hardcore fans on Sherdog understood that speech. I'd bet close to 100% of casuals only understood the English part obviously... and TKO knows that.
i do accept your point on Khamzat though. i didn't think of it like that but that could be true.
UPDATE POST: So the first fight since Khamzat's speech is the single hardest stylistic match-up possible at either WW or MW. Interesting.

Yeah, we know sitting on his ass doing nothing has never worked for a welterweight contender.
The difference is Colby kept shit talking and keeping his name in the news while he sat on his ass not fighting.

Belal is literally doing nothing.

The difference is Colby kept shit talking and keeping his name in the news while he sat on his ass not fighting.

Belal is literally doing nothing.
He is doing nothing because he's being CLEARLY kept in limbo by the organization on purpose.

I agree with you though for once... he should be doing shit talking now that it is obvious that's his only choice. He should go nuclear against the org and point out he is being marginalized for explicitly political reasons.

That would hit harder than "nerds and virgins" but the organization would fire him to make an example that no divergence would be tolerated / censorship is in full force. I think Belal should actually do that to show a martyr example against clear corruption / censorship.

His career is over regardless. It ended in October 2023. Now he gets to pick whether it ends by sitting on a couch until he is released (the prescribed TKO plan) or be on his own terms taking a stand against injustice.

Last edited:
Belal should go to PFL and establish his dominance by winning their tournament in two weight classes then come back for a big money fight with Leon. Or he could sit out and complain.

<mma4> That is truly something to consider, but the man deserves a title shot in the world's biggest MMA org.

He is doing nothing because he's being CLEARLY kept in limbo by the organization on purpose.

I agree with you though for once... he should be doing shit talking now that it is obvious that's his only choice. He should go nuclear against the org and point out he is being marginalized for explicitly political reasons.

That would hit harder than "nerds and virgins" but the organization would fire him to make an example that no divergence would be tolerated / censorship is in full force. I think Belal should actually do that to show a martyr example against clear corruption / censorship.

His career is over regardless. Now he gets to pick whether it be by sitting on a couch until he is released (the prescribed TKO plan) or be on his own terms taking a stand against injustice.
He can fight someone else in the top 5 seeing as he's fought none of the current ones, or he should be on every single podcast, social media, MMA news, etc., he can get on just putting himself out there hoping the UFC picks him over Shavkat.

Either would be better than the radio silence he's instead done. His wins gets worse as time goes on and everybody else still being out there makes you forget he's #2.

He can fight someone else in the top 5 seeing as he's fought none of the current ones, or he should be on every single podcast, social media, MMA news, etc., he can get on just putting himself out there hoping the UFC picks him over Shavkat.

Either would be better than the radio silence he's instead done. His wins gets worse as time goes on and everybody else still being out there makes you forget he's #2.
He fought multiple people in the top 5 and beat them already. Then you (corporate poster) demanded he fight another. If he wins a 3rd fight in the top 5 you'd demand a 4th. Then if he won that you'd demand a 5th.

He knows this now. And he has chosen to stay silent (for now) rather than point out the game is rigged and the rigging is political in nature. I believe he should not remain silent any longer. We'll see...

i'm giving him credit. i'm saying he should be in contention. but when you get your wins that way, have a nickname "Remember the Name" and try so hard to get people to like you, it's tough to get a title shot in the UFC over other contenders who excite the fans
But exciting the fans is not what you said. You said what has he done, and continue to call it "that way." He got his wins, over the best talent available, to an amount pretty much unheard of.

He fought multiple people in the top 5 and beat them already. Then you (corporate poster) demanded he fight another. If he wins a 3rd fight in the top 5 you'd demand a 4th. Then if he won that you'd demand a 5th.

He knows this now. And he has chosen to stay silent (for now) rather than point out the game is rigged and the rigging is political in nature. I believe he should not remain silent any longer. We'll see...
I don't think he has to fight anybody to get a title shot. Certainly Shavkat and Jack don't deserve it over him when he beat their opponents first. Colby just had one and lost it, and Usman's lost 2 now and semi-moved to MW.

It's Belal's by any metric and ismply by default, and would be beyond stupid if they gave it to anybody else. Especially Khamzat of all people who beat Gilbert 2 years ago and isn't even allowed to fight at WW anymore. He's up next.

All I'm saying is I understand why he hasn't gotten a title shot yet while he's sitting on the sidelines not fighting and not promoting himself. Either would've helped him either get it over Colby back in December or had it signed by now for say May-July. The UFC's going to fold eventually, especially as there's that UK PPV later this year apparently so we know Leon's going to fight somebody, but Belal also could've spent the last year more productively.

Did I miss the part where in sports you have to be the most exciting in order to win the title because last time I checked all major sports the most exciting and most popular team or player isn't the one that always wins the championship so why the hell this matters and MMA I don't know belal is the number one contender let him have his title shot if he's good he'll be champ if he's not he loses and we never hear from him again bottom line is let the dude have his chance

Back