can we all admit now that Belal will NEVER get a title shot?

If 10 consecutive wins isn't a "good case" what is? Will 11 be any different magically? Of course not. It could be 20 wins and you'd still discredit.
Belal has fought none of the top 5.

He should try fighting again.

Literally his last win was against a person that was ranked top 5 when they fought lol. You're not good at this game / just proved that if his next win is another top 5 fighter you can just make a new demand again that he fight yet another top 5.

If 10 consecutive wins isn't a "good case" what is? Will 11 be any different magically? Of course not. It could be 20 wins and you'd still discredit.
Finishing somebody. They make fights that they think people will pay to watch, so make yourself a fighter that people will pay to watch. The best way is by having exciting fights and finishes, or you can be more active with interviews, social media interaction with fans, talk some shit, something other than having a bunch of boring decisions, then taking a year off waiting for things to fall in your lap.

Literally his last win was against a person that was ranked top 5 when they fought lol. You're not good at this game / just proved that if his next win is another top 5 fighter you can just make a new demand again that he fight yet another top 5.
Weird how the rest of them have all fought more recently than Belal!

i agree he should be in contention and close, but i dont agree thats hes the 'most clear-cut contender of any division'. what has he really done? beat up a severely jetlagged sean brady in abu dhabi when he joined the dagestan camp to gain favor in the region? beat up a one-armed gilbert burns and couldn't finish him (see; jack della madalena). beat 45-year old demian maia in his retirement fight and spammed takedowns for 15 mins? beat up a brain bleeding vicente luque? wrestle-fucked/crotch sniffed stepehen thompson for 15 mins?

i don't just look at a record and neither should the UFC. you have to look at performances and other factors. plus, his nickname should preclude him from ever fighting for a title lol

Belal should go to PFL and establish his dominance by winning their tournament in two weight classes then come back for a big money fight with Leon. Or he could sit out and complain.
So a guy that's on a 9 fight win streak should just fuck off?
The guy has a right to complain, hell you would complain if you were in the same situation sir.

As somebody who believes Belal is capable of winning and has shown just as high level skills…. This is frustrating Belal has earned it and he’s outrageously quiet about it.

You’d think Belal would shit talk at least a little but regardless he still deserves this.
Its his talking that is part of the problem. The UFC' s fanbase skews right, its president is a Republican, and the CEO of the parent company is Jewish. His "real fight in Palestine" speech has aged very horridly and is hurting him.

On top of that he is so boring his own family wouldnt buy a PPV to see him fight.

As a hater even I can admit he does deserve it but I kind of doubt it happens. There's nothing really going in his favor at all when the big wigs make the decision of who's next.

i agree he should be in contention and close, but i dont agree thats hes the 'most clear-cut contender of any division'. what has he really done? beat up a severely jetlagged sean brady in abu dhabi when he joined the dagestan camp to gain favor in the region? beat up a one-armed gilbert burns and couldn't finish him (see; jack della madalena). beat 45-year old demian maia in his retirement fight and spammed takedowns for 15 mins? beat up a brain bleeding vicente luque? wrestle-fucked/crotch sniffed stepehen thompson for 15 mins?

i don't just look at a record and neither should the UFC. you have to look at performances and other factors. plus, his nickname should preclude him from ever fighting for a title lol
Literally three top wins in a row. Luque (top 5) then Brady (top 10) then Burns (top 5 again). What the fuck is this revisionist history pretending otherwise? There is no one in the sport that has anything similar. On top of that, there is no alternative at all WW specifically.
Its his talking that is part of the problem. The UFC' s fanbase skews right, its president is a Republican, and the CEO of the parent company is Jewish. His "real fight in Palestine" speech has aged very horridly and is hurting him.

On top of that he is so boring his own family wouldnt buy a PPV to see him fight.

As a hater even I can admit he does deserve it but I kind of doubt it happens. There's nothing really going in his favor at all when the big wigs make the decision of who's next.
The fact he spoke out about Palestine is why he will absolutely, positively never get a title shot. Doesn't matter if they think he will or won't win. They could think Leon had a 99% chance to win and they still wouldn't make it for fear that he'd slip on a banana peel on his way into the octagon.

Since then I have been correct in everything I have predicted, while others have said "lol no of course he'll get a title shot." Now corporate PR posters like markg1971 have shifted to instead say "nah he needs another top 5 win". He already has two. They literally will rinse/repeat the same thing until he loses. He isn't getting a title shot... period.

So first Dana said a WW title shot vs Leon was offered to three people at 300. In a thread where Sherdoggers tried to predict who those three people were I was the only one who predicted them with 100% accuracy as seen here:

Since then, those three fighters revealed they were approached to fight Leon:

1. Khabib = https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/K...-Contacted-Regarding-Return-at-UFC-300-192831

2. Islam = https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-turned-it-down-says-poirier-is-next.4325422/

3. Khamzat =

So can we now admit that Belal (by the far the most obvious contender in ANY division) will NEVER get a title shot? Not at 300, 301, 302, 312, or 412. He could win 50 more fights… it doesn’t matter. Personally I think they kill him off with a fake title eliminator fight vs Shavkat next. But if Belal won that they’d just make him fight someone else again or keep him inactive until he ages out.

Corporate PR accounts, please note before you post any of your trusty bullet points that you hope will catch on with the MMA plebs (ie: talk about decision wins) that I will point out that 0-wins-over-anyone-ranked and 0-finishes Colby fucking Covington just got a THIRD title shot in the same division.

dana is really spitting on belaal's face by offering khabib a WW title fight in 2024.

dana is really spitting on belaal's face by offering khabib a WW title fight in 2024.
I guessed Khabib because of Dana's original "make people's jaws drop" comment or whatever it was.

But yeah pretty damn insulting. WW title shot would be given to a LW, a MW, and a retired LW... all before the actual #1 contender at WW.

Literally three top wins in a row. Luque (top 5) then Brady (top 10) then Burns (top 5 again). What the fuck is this revisionist history pretending otherwise? There is no one in the sport that has anything similar. On top of that, there is no alternative at all WW specifically.

The fact he spoke out about Palestine is why he will absolutely, positively never get a title shot. Doesn't matter if they think he will or won't win. They could think Leon had a 99% chance to win and they still wouldn't make it for fear that he'd slip on a banana peel on his way into the octagon.

Since then I have been correct in everything I have predicted, while others have said "lol no of course he'll get a title shot." Now corporate PR posters like markg1971 have shifted to instead say "nah he needs another top 5 win". He already has two. They literally will rinse/repeat the same thing until he loses. He isn't getting a title shot... period.

there's been other guys who had to go on ridiculous win streaks before to get their 1st title shot. Max Holloway, Islam, Khabib.

they don't block all the other Muslim fighters for speaking about Palestine. hell, one of their favorite sons, Khamzat was blabbering about wanting to go over there and fight.

Luque, Thompson and Burns were ranked #5 when they fought.
Weird how the rest of the top 5 now is:

Usman
Shav
Colby
Jack

Again, fight one of them to get a title shot. As anybodybody else of them needs to.

there's been other guys who had to go on ridiculous win streaks before to get their 1st title shot. Max Holloway, Islam, Khabib.

they don't block all the other Muslim fighters for speaking about Palestine. hell, one of their favorite sons, Khamzat was blabbering about wanting to go over there and fight.
It is fundamentally different. The images of him possibly wearing a UFC belt around his waist and a Palestinian flag on his shoulders would be utterly unacceptable. Imagine the youtube headline for a globally viral post-fight speech video titled "Palestinian UFC champ denounces ethnic cleansing after victory" ... they are aware of the potential PR connected to that and will positively not allow any chance whatsoever for it to happen.

The Khamzat speech is an interesting example. He hasn't fought since that speech however so it isn't a ringing endorsement that TKO holdings is the most accepting company. Back to my point though... Khamzat isn't Palestinian. So it is really apples to oranges. Plus it doesn't hurt that he spoke in Chechen so probably only a handful of hardcore fans on Sherdog understood that speech. I'd bet close to 100% of casuals only understood the English part obviously... and TKO knows that.

One other point I wanted to make is it's different from your historical examples (Max at FW + Islam and Khabib at LW). Those streaks happened in the context of those divisions being busy-as-hell at the top, keeping the lesser known contenders in an artificial limbo. WW is the exact opposite... the top is a complete ghost town... past-it Covington just got a THIRD title shot for crying out loud because nothing was going on. This shows that Belal is being kept in artifical limbo for an ALTERNATE reason as opposed to the mechanics of the division itself.

Usman
Shav
Colby
Jack

Again, fight one of them to get a title shot. As anybodybody else of them needs to.
Everyone, take note of this corporate response from a corporate poster. This was in reply to another poster saying he won 3 top 5 fights in a row... and the reply is "yeah but now he needs to fight a 4th top 5 fight since there are new rankings!" This logic will be applied to a 5th fight and 6th fight. All they need to do is say "those last 3 or 4 wins don't count because the rankings got changed afterward" and this game can go on forever: he will never get a title shot.

I expect Shavkat vs Belal next. If Belal somehow wins, expect Shavkat to then magically overnight be ranked below the top 5 and this trick to be applied once again.

Last edited:

Oh hey Mark. Do I need to teach you how to count to 5 again? Was that your most embarrassing moment on this forum? Fuck, if I forgot how to count to 5, I think that'd be my most embarrassing moment on this planet, and yet here you are wanting to repeat it

Usman
Shav
Colby
Jack

Really? I thought the top 5 according to you would be:
Leon
Usman
Belal
Shavkat
Colby

Since you think you count 5 people starting at zero

Really good fighter but decision machine with very poor self marketing skills. Perhaps he could try a middle eastern heel schtick or something.
They've already had a few Borat characters. That only works if you're almost unbeatable.

Oh hey Mark. Do I need to teach you how to count to 5 again? Was that your most embarrassing moment on this forum? Fuck, if I forgot how to count to 5, I think that'd be my most embarrassing moment on this planet, and yet here you are wanting to repeat it

Really? I thought the top 5 according to you would be:
Leon
Usman
Belal
Shavkat
Colby

Since you think you count 5 people starting at zero
Imagine being this obsessed with a random person on the internet you've never met.

Honestly a bit flattering, if creepy.

His last win just got brutally finished by #12. He should try fighting again.

It's not my fault Belal isn't making a good case for why he deserves the next title shot by sitting on his ass doing nothing.
Sitting around doing nothing worked for the last man to fight for the WW belt. Just another year of inactivity for Belal and he should be able to slide right into a title fight.

Back