Does Shavkat Rakhmonov have potential to reach GOAT level status?

Does Shavkat Rakhmonov have potential to reach GOAT level status?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This guy has a 100% finish rate and is 18-0 with 8 by KO and 10 by submission.

He's a very well rounded, complete fighter.

Will he be considered one of the all time greats when it's all said and done?

Btw when I meant potential, that's exactly what I mean is he potentially an all time great. Not necessarily will he be an all time great, it's more just does have what it takes to reach that pinnacle. Does he have that potential?

274285359.jpg

Last edited:
Speculation about this usually only starts when a fighter is at a few title defences. Examples are Woodley, Usman, Weidman, Holloway.

After reaching that point they usually fail at making "GOAT level", so talking about is now is extremely premature.

Can we at least wait until he wins a title before discussing goat status? Goat talk in general is silly but I swear everybody is overly eager to crown the next one.

Lets see who are the nostradamus's are on here. Just a fun thing to do.

GOAT level or all time great?

All time great? For sure its possible

But GOAT level, i don't know, There's guys with 10+ title defenses, belts in 2 divisions etc. Gonna be hard to get to that stage.
I'd say its possible, but highly unlikely he reaches top 5 GOAT status like Silva, Fedor etc

Anyone giving an opinion is purely guessing. Nobody knows anything. He hasn't even gotten a title shot yet let alone actually win one. We could just extend this to just about any fighter if we wanted to because nobody knows what kind of transformations someone can have.

He needs to win the title first and then defend multiple times before GOAT talk should start. As good as he is, I don't think that will even happen unless he starts getting hit less often.

I mean, if he keeps beating everyone put in front of him, KO'ing or submitting them as he goes along? Why not? He's absolutely brilliant.

Yes, he has potential to do it. Will he? I’m doubtful. Guys are too well rounded these days, every contender is seriously dangerous. It was easier to pull years ago. Sometimes I get the feeling Jones will be the last to do it.
That said, what he did so far is already beyond impressive. I’ll be a fan for life.

I like the guy and he's definitely a killer but his last 3 wins are over Wonderboy, Neal and Magny. He's on his way up for sure but let's slow down on the possible GOAT status talk lol, let's see him get the title & some defenses in before we start speaking with so much hyperbole.

Dana let´s him go the Khabib-route, like fighting 10 times till he gets a title shot. Sad, some top 5 fighters on his list would make the thing easier. But nobody want´s to fight him, like with Khabib before.

In general: little early, but he has the tools. If he has the right mindset to get really high, why not? If he doesn´t go the Connor/Colby route and get´s it, I´m in.

Very well rounded, but I don't see him being goat, not even close. Great fighter though.

GOATs don't get hit that much by Geoff Neal.
He could extend his streak further though, a lot of guys in the top15 are way older than him.

Just needs a great striker with tdd to beat him.

No, too hittable.

Edit: Although not completely impossible due to how skilled he is everywhere and the fact that he does seem to have a great chin.

He could potentially finish everyone at 170. The 2 big unknowns about him are his defensive wrestling and cardio. But he's 29. Depending on circumstances he could be fighting for the belt after Edwards vs Belal. He'd likely be 30 by then so he depending on how active he is he could rack up a lot of defenses by the time he's 34-35

GOAT = 4-letter word. (Acronym, really.)

Still, try not to over-use four-letter words.
Over use of such words takes away any meaning.

The truth is, Shavkat hasn't even proven himself capable of beating the current Champion yet ... let alone defend the title ... let alone string together a series of title defenses to where he would even be in a "GOAT" discussion.

Stop fawning over unproven fighters, and let the light of Time's perspective reveal the truth.

Think it's too early to know but my money would be against it. Overall GOAT I doubt it. GOAT at his weight class also very high hill to climb. If he keeps finishing people and winning dominantly with 4 or 5 defenses then this would make more sense to ask.

Back