Does Shavkat Rakhmonov have potential to reach GOAT level status?

Does Shavkat Rakhmonov have potential to reach GOAT level status?

• Total voters
No, his style is not suited for it. He goes to war. Unless he has some freak chin like Max his unblemished record won't hold up.

That said, I'm a huge fan, the guy is THE most exciting fighter in the UFC right now and already has a good record.

Shavkat will win the title. But categorically wont ever be considered goat status

One thing the goats have in common is good defense and their reluctance to trade. Shavkat fails at both. He gets hit way too many times and lacks head movement.

I doubt he becomes the GOAT. He hasn't shown the level of dominance in every area that GSP had. He's a lot more fun to watch at times though.

He needs to win the title first and then defend multiple times before GOAT talk should start. As good as he is, I don't think that will even happen unless he starts getting hit less often.
He also needs to face a wrestler first. JDM would be an interesting matchup for Shav based on how Shav did against Neal. Brady would either give Shavkat fits if he manages to get shavkat down or get knocked out round 1

Last edited:
Neal and old wonderboy is a decent start, but that wonderboy win probably won’t age well. I can see him beating both Leon and belal, but if belal beats Leon and shavkat immediately fights for the title, will he even have a chance to fight leon? Who could be fighting for the title soon? Brady? JDM? Ian? Those are some pretty good wins, or they seem to be atleast, we will have to see

let’s just get him a BELT first

I can honestly see him having a better career than cumshot. As for Goat status maybe, time will tell

They need to hurry up and let him fight leon so if he wins the title he can start racking up defences and wins. He's starting later than GSP did at 25 but peoples primes are different gsp was out of the ufc by 32 that was the end of the road and Rakomov hasn't dones as much as gsp at 30 but he's still getting better and at the start at 29 while shavkat is at his end.

Can we at least wait until he wins a title before discussing goat status? Goat talk in general is silly but I swear everybody is overly eager to crown the next one.
Especially when you have guys Like Silva, Jones and DJ. Heck even in his own division there's GSP who had 9 straight title defenses... That is going to be very hard to beat.

Let’s see when he faces top fighters and wins a belt, and defends. Way too early to tell now. These are conversations to be had when he’s at the position of Islam or Aspinal

giphy.gif

Shavkat will win the title. But categorically wont ever be considered goat status

One thing the goats have in common is good defense and their reluctance to trade. Shavkat fails at both. He gets hit way too many times and lacks head movement.
Yeah. He's basically a Wanderlei with takedowns. Would tank a lot of hits just to give one. Very entertaining, fan-friendly style but will not help with career longevity when he becomes a star with his chin like a ticking time bomb.

Imo both JDM and Sean Brady have a decent chance against Shavkat before Shavkat even fights for a belt. Against Neal, Shavkat showed that he can get hit against a good boxer and JDM imo has a very decent chance of punishing Shavkat's body and slowing him down.
Shavkat is unproven against a guy who wrestles better than he does. Shavkat has an advantage on the feet but Sean Brady showed he could crack for 1.5 rounds during the Belal fight and if brady gets those takedowns early he could be in trouble.

Also I think Leon is better than Shavkat on the feat and has a very good ground game as well. Cardio wise Leon is a bit shaky but given Shavkat's style, there's good reason to believe Shavkat would slow down late as well.
Let’s see when he faces top fighters and wins a belt, and defends. Way too early to tell now. These are conversations to be had when he’s at the position of Islam or Aspinal

Last edited:
If you masturbate enough anyone can be the GOAT...

he is undefeated , but he was rocked a few times
even before joigning the UFC, he was almost finished at the end of a round

the guy to beat him would be an amazing striker

at 170 this is the champion job, Leon beat him on the feet for sure
but on the ground thats where he would have a chance

We just need the UFC to pass him the mic.
Also whilst they're at it...STOP FUCKING GIVING HIM STRIKERS!!!

Shavkat's takedown defense is unproven. His takedown ability and striking defense have shown to be lacking. It's also unknown how he would fair in the championship rounds of a fight. He can't maintain that 100% finish rate forever.

The good news he has a great chin and striking defense can always be improved. He's made the right move in moving to an American gym a couple years ago.

I dont see his offensive wrestling improving, given he has a Sambo base and still struggled taking Wonderboy down. I also don't believe him at this point to be a better striker than Leon, so how is he going to win if he can't get the fight to the ground?

Imo he needs to either become an offensive wrestling powerhouse or become an elite striker while improving his defense to win and keep the title.

Last edited:
We just need the UFC to pass him the mic.
Also whilst they're at it...STOP FUCKING GIVING HIM STRIKERS!!!

Yeah, he has way more hype than Belal but is also far less proven. Belal has beaten a healthy mix of wrestlers and strikers and shown he can go 5 rounds.

Back