News UFC is reportedly trying to sign Tomas "The Giant Slovak" Mozny

Tokoloko

Czech MMA on the rise!
@purple
Reaction score
Tomas "The Giant Slovak" Mozny is 32 years old Glory Kickboxing HW veteran with MMA record 2-2 (1x dq) and from time to time sparring partner of Ciryl Gane.

He is extremely flashy and athletic fighter for his height and weight.-

Kamil Minda vs Tomas Mozny

Papp vs Mozny - RFA title fight

Whats ur opinion. Should Mozny get more fights outside of UFC and focus on his grappling or should he jump straight to "shark tank" and risk it against higher competition ?

Where is your source that the UFC are "reportedly trying to sign" a 2-2 fighter in MMA?
Numerous sources from Czech Republic and Slovakia. + Mozny revealed on instagram that he received offer from UFC and will decide after vacation if he signs or not because conditions didnt seem favorable to him. Later deleted it.

I highly doubt the UFC is interested in signing Možný, he always comes to fight but imo he really ain’t something special besides his physical attributes. He had a very mid run in GLORY aswell.
They can sign him for the entertainment alone though, maybe for a freak-fight against Robelis Despaigne, lol :)

Last year at KSW 79, Tomáš Možný was involved in an absolute cracker of a fight against Arek Wrzosek. Both guys are former GLORY Kickboxing heavyweights (Arek is the Polish guy that fought Badr Hari two times). Arek won a unanimous decision with scorecards 29-26, 29-27, 29-27 in a fight where both guys got dropped.
I remember enjoying the hell out of that scrap with my friends.
Here’s some footage from the fight:

Imo Arek Wrzosek has a way higher ceiling than Možný, maybe they should get after him as he’s becoming very popular in Poland.
Btw, Arkadiusz is set to headline KSW 90 tomorrow against NFC heavyweight champion Ivan Vitasović:

I'm pretty confident they're not.
To be honest i think that his grappling need lot of work before he can face UFC level fighters, but i know as fact that coach of Gane wanted to get him into UFC already +- year ago but Mozny didnt like idea at the moment. So it might be true...

It is bad but there are so plenty that are worse than that.

I can't think of one.

I know there are plenty of fighters nicked "Pitbull", but that's not nearly as bad.

Seriously, what were they thinking? "He's pretty tall, let's call him giant, that's cool. He's Slovak, so ... I GOT THIS, NO LISTEN TO ME: The Giant Slovak!!!"

Jesus Christ. At least call him The Giant Slovak Pitbull.

The only reason i would believe the UFC is trying to sign him is that the HW division is so vacant across the board right now. They need bodies in the Octagon

The only reason i would believe the UFC is trying to sign him is that the HW division is so vacant across the board right now. They need bodies in the Octagon
Sums up my opinion right here. UFC is desperate for HW's and will sign just about anyone.

I highly doubt the UFC is interested in signing Možný
According to what Možný said, he got an offer from the UFC.
But he hasn't decided whether he'll accept the offer because they're offering so little money.

Anyway, I don't think he'll get a better offer at his age.
His grappling probably won't get much better but he may have a couple of interesting fights in him.

We will see.

By the way, Možný means Possible in Slovak language.

Back