UFC 297 is a horrible card

LoveMyMMA

lovemymma
@Black
Reaction score
Arguably the worst fight card of the decade.

Dana served up a poo poo platter for Toronto ... AGAIN.

Like this is really the best you could fkin do???

c37.gif

This is what yall wanted. yall got the champions and the contenders you wanted.
nothing about this fight is appealing. which goes to show you izzy is that dude.

OP must be trolling. Hold on.....ill check the fight card and decide.

EDIT: OP is correct. This is a bad card <{Heymansnicker}>

UFC 297 is horrible

10 finishes later....

UFC 297 is lowkey the card of the year

Hey, I'll still be tuning in and hoping it exceeds expectations.
But on paper, it's a solid 2/10.

I solemnly swear not to tune in for these extra-weak early prelims

The headlining fight is awesome and so is Arnold Allen -vs- Movsar Evloev (this is an important fight for the division and a banger for the hardcore fans) The Arnold fight should be higher on the card, its nuts that Magny isn't in the opening spot instead.

I don't watch WMMA so I have no interest in the co-main and have no idea who they are.

Blaming the headliner is ridiculous, that is exciting and interesting. The rest of the card is overall lacking in both marquee names and fights of interest.

When you charge $80 for the card behind two paywalls, it does seem like a bad value. Its the pricing more than anything.

Strickland/DDP and Allen/Evloev are good fights.

Malott/Magny, Curtis/Barriault, Katona/Armfield and Jourdain/Woodson are all decent fights.

Rest isn’t great.

All in all, far from their worst card but not amazing. But the next 3 PPVs are stacked, you gotta expect a weaker card and it could be much worse.

Hopefully they’re all awesome fights and it makes us forget about the “weak on paper aspect “

Reactions: 666
Arnold Allen vs Movsar Evloev is an extremely high level matchup too
Definitely. Woodson/Jourdain should be a banger, and Magny/Malott is interesting. Katona fight should also be fun.

Back