UFC 297 is a horrible card

horrible cards with a decent main event is sort of par for the course for the UFC lately but I will admit this is especially horrific. The undercard is king of the fighters level shit and the main event is comain shit at best.

What’s looking suspect is ufc 300 though, nothing has been as impressive as I would have expected. Wasn’t long where a card like that is what one expected out of a Pride event on a regular basis, now good cards are supposed to pass as legendary generational events…

I have a few friends coming over so I have to buy the PPV...damn this is a tough pill to swallow. Other than the main event I can care less. I know a lot of "true" MMA fans care about the quality of the fights instead of big names but I'm not into win or lose the division can care less type fights

I’m curious to see the attendance and buy rate
Internarional crowds usually attend on anything the UFC brings, buy rate probably the usual 300k mostly on brand than name value.

i dont know who you are talking about but regardless of how boring izzys fights were
they at least had A PROFESSIONAL POP to them. this feels like a UFC on Fox / ufc Fight night
type of cards. none of these guys can hold a candle to the aura that was izzy.

strickland and ddp despite being good will never be THE GUYS.
Izzy is done for. He's never winning another belt again. It's a new day.

I can walk to the arena in 25 mins but I'm not paying $450 to sit in the nosebleeds for this card. Still hundreds of tickets available too, despite Dana stating it was a sell out at the press conference

Yawn.
That’s what you get when you try to put on 4,000,000 PPVs per year

It's a Fight Night card if not for Strickland holding a belt.

It’s been the model for many years now to sell a PPV card based on the main event only. With the amount of FN cards, the UFC has its resources spread pretty thin.

When there were only 10 or so events per year there were always at least 5 fights I was looking forward to. Now i can’t remember the last time a card carried 3 fights I was looking forward to. Sometimes even the main event is dull like Edwards/Covington. And Leon is supposed to be main eventing UFC 300. Currently I’m only looking forward to Weili vs Yan, Gaethje/Holloway

Come on dude it’s not like Holly is fighting

At least we don’t have to sit through Ankle Love fight.

I would rather watch powerslap,( tap or nap) or maybe even then women’s MMA….even at the highest level except for maybe Joana (my WMA GOAT) because she actually hated bitches lol

Matchmaker is horrible. Jourdain is an exciting fighter that comes to fight and they put him against a snoozefest that refuses to engage, then Buffer shows he doesn't know how to read again.

Almost all the main event fighters belong on prelims

Arguably the worst fight card of the decade.

Dana served up a poo poo platter for Toronto ... AGAIN.

Like this is really the best you could fkin do???

c37.gif

Happened to be a good card, I have definitely seen worse.

Back