Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic: The great rivalry

There's nothing similar between Becker and Sinner, other than being from Europe and having red hair.

Bullshit. Racquet technology doesn’t have anything to do with this. I assume you actually watched the match between him and Djoker? The service games were so on point…and when Novak hit a good return..Sinner hammered the return. Novak may not have been at 100%, but Sinner played fantastic.

Bullshit. Racquet technology doesn’t have anything to do with this. I assume you actually watched the match between him and Djoker? The service games were so on point…and when Novak hit a good return..Sinner hammered the return. Novak may not have been at 100%, but Sinner played fantastic.

Boris Becker was a serve and volleyer. His game mainly centered around his massive serve and net play. He was not known for his return game and he had a one-handed backhand. His best surface was grass.

The fact you think Jannik Sinner's game resembles anything like Becker's shows you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

Boris Becker was a serve and volleyer. His game mainly centered around his massive serve and net play. He was not known for his return game and he had a one-handed backhand. His best surface was grass.

The fact you think Jannik Sinner's game resembles anything like Becker's shows you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

And raquet technology has changed the game… so, the return game is totally different. So, a true serve and volley has to be more selective. Sinner will give Novak (and everyone else), a hard time on grass and hardcourt because of his solid service game. In fact, he did last year already. His real growth has been on a solid baseliner to truly challenge Novak and the rest of the top 10.

<36>

You're amazing, Frank.

I suggest actually watching Boris Becker play. Have a good one.

And that was in 80s and early 90s which I did watch and I would suggest you actually play the game, in the last 30 years..as I have.. the racquets are not the same… you keep spouting stupidity… ‘Sweater’

Also, you know he won more than Wimbledon ..right?

Rarely go on facebook but for some reason I did it today and it showed me an old post from Jan 2010.

Basically I declared that Fed won his 16th Grand Slam and he is the greatest tennis player. Even said "Nadal who?". At that time I was positively sure Nadal's body would eventually break down and never catch up to Federer. Totally different from how it turned out..

Last edited:
Rarely go on facebook but for some reason I did it today and it showed me an old post from Jan 2010.

Basically I declared that Fed won his 16th Grand Slam and he is the greatest tennis player. Even said "Nadal who?". At time I was positively sure Nadal's body would eventually break down and never catch up[ to Federer. How things have changed...

It was hard to imagine anyone could play that way for a long period of time. I was convinced he was done in 2012 when his knees were destroyed. It's pretty unbelievable he's lasted as long as he has.

I still can't believe three guys have at least 20 slams. When Pete set the record, it was unfathomable to think anyone would break it so so soon. Three guys completely obliterated it and dominated tennis for almost 20 years.

There's nothing similar between Becker and Sinner, other than being from Europe and having red hair.
This. Literally nothing in common playing-wise. This argument is funny lol.

Becker is one of the GOAT serve and volley players ever, while Sinner relies on elite baseline play and coming up, his weakness was always his volley/net approach game.

Becker is one of the GOAT serve and volley players ever, while Sinner relies on elite baseline play and coming up, his weakness was always his volley/net approach game.

It's obvious to anyone that actually knows what they're talking about. Sadly, @Frank Kain is not one of those people.

Rafa is the GOAT, IMO. Love watching these guys play.

Great choice, TS, to include the Aussie Open 2012 Final and the French Open 2013 Semi-final. Those were their best matches by far. I can always rewatch those matches and get inspired.

You think serve and volley was just a strategy back then.. yikes. Go swing some of the sticks those guys played with from the 70s to early 90s… then, that style makes sense…. Good job highlighting how both you and @Sweater of AV are really ignorant. Again, really good, both of you.

It even says that technology played a factor in the style of play…. So, you don’t know how to read, either? Rafa played ONE.. 1 serve and volley point in 08’ when he beat Federer… coincidence… ah, no. The racquets are different. But that doesn’t mean Sinner and Becker aren’t similar. How does it feel to be so stupid? Hehe

You think serve and volley was just a strategy back then.. yikes. Go swing some of the sticks those guys played with from the 70s to early 90s… then, that style makes sense…. Good job highlighting how both you and @Sweater of AV are really ignorant. Again, really good, both of you.

It even says that technology played a factor in the style of play…. So, you don’t know how to read, either? Rafa played ONE.. 1 serve and volley point in 08’ when he beat Federer… coincidence… ah, no. The racquets are different. But that doesn’t mean Sinner and Becker aren’t similar. How does it feel to be so stupid? Hehe
One reply in and you are name calling or did you quote the wrong person because you quoted my post twice? Lmao either way it’s an L.

As far as your nonsense post, no shit technology has improved so players rarely serve and volley now. That has zero to do with Becker and Sinner being two totally different players with different playing styles. You can substitute any current baseline player for Sinner in your statement and it would literally be the same. No comparison at all. Now if you brought up a player like Max Cressy as a comparison then it would actually make sense. However you did not.

Not sure what’s so hard to understand.

Last edited:
One reply in and you are name calling or did you quote the wrong person because you quoted my post twice? Lmao either way it’s an L.

As far as your nonsense post, no shit technology has improved so players rarely serve and volley now. That has zero to do with Becker and Sinner being two totally different players with different playing styles. You can substitute any current baseline player for Sinner in your statement and it would literally be the same. No comparison at all. Not sure what’s so hard to understand.

Correct, name calling means you and sweater have no knowledge of the game… your responses say that too. So, maybe you need to Wiki it, but serve and volley takes advantage of the return… today’s players work the power of the 1-2 to take advantage of the 4th hit. I understand now, that you and @Sweater of AV don’t understand it. It’s ok. I’m not upset…you and him are upset. It’s tough to realize, but you both look foolish, hey, it’s ok, I don’t know shit about shot-put or marathon.. I don’t, but I don’t claim to, unlike you two.

Correct, name calling means you and sweater have no knowledge of the game… your responses say that too. So, maybe you need to Wiki it, but serve and volley takes advantage of the return… today’s players work the power of the 1-2 to take advantage of the 4th hit. I understand now, that you and @Sweater of AV don’t understand it. It’s ok. I’m not upset…you and him are upset. It’s tough to realize, but you both look foolish, hey, it’s ok, I don’t know shit about shot-put or marathon.. I don’t, but I don’t claim to, unlike you two.
Lol I have no knowledge? You can’t even provide a rebuttal about the two playing styles that I brought up and cant even quote the correct person half the time. But sure please keep telling us how an elite baseline player that rarely ever serve and volleys, is similar to one of the GOAT serve and volleyers. Makes total sense <45>

Embarrassing bro.

Lol I have no knowledge? You can’t even provide a rebuttal about the two playing styles that I brought up and cant even quote the correct person half the time. But sure please keep telling us how an elite baseline player that rarely ever serve and volleys, is similar to one of the GOAT serve and volleyers. Makes total sense <45>

Embarrassing bro.

I did. But let’s keep it simple for you… so … Sinner feasts on the 2nd shot from the returner… Becker feasted on the first return of the returner… why? Because of the racquets, yes … correct
… so the strategy isn’t necessarily the same but very similar
… you want the ace, but the return is usually good… what next? Right? You need to win the point and hold serve… right?

Back