Strickland is 11-1 in his last 12 fights over a 4 year span...(Only loss to Alex, an obvious weight bully at MW and now the LHW champ)

Paper champ DDP loses in his first defense and history will remember him as a paper champion who barely scraped by with a split decision. Strickland can at least say he dominated the 2nd greatest MW of all time to win the belt.

Fact.

I think a questionable fight should go to the champion that dominated a former champion to win the belt, especially when the champion he dominated is the 2nd greatest MW of all time.

Strickland deserved the benefit of doubt, not DDP.

Fact.

I think a questionable fight should go to the champion that dominated a former champion to win the belt, especially when the champion he dominated is the 2nd greatest MW of all time.

Strickland deserved the benefit of doubt, not DDP.
*Opinion

A lot of you guys can't tell the difference between fact and opinion. That's an issue.

Pereira's a huge guy, but never missed weight. Dude has made middleweight multiple times in MMA and countless times in KB, he's not a weight bully.
That term gets thrown around way too much.

Come on, man.

Alex is a behemoth and may fight at HW one day.

There's a reason he moved up.

That cut compromised his chin.

Debatable

No

You don't "score" points at all, and maybe if you understood that you would realize why Strickland lost those rights.

He was point fighting. His opponents were actually fighting.

Not sure why you have such a mancrush on Strickland. He's one-dimensional and deeply mediocre with one great performance.

But hey, whatever floats your boat. There are so many better fighters out there though. Wait til you discover some of the ones who are actually good!

So when Izzy was point fighting or Volk....thats cool?

Im not sure I'm following you on this one sir.

So when Izzy was point fighting or Volk....thats cool?

Im not sure I'm following you on this one sir.
They are winning rounds with their striking. Strickland is scoring points but losing rounds.

Come on, man.

Alex is a behemoth and may fight at HW one day.

There's a reason he moved up.

That cut compromised his chin.
And that's what balances it out, there's always a price for cutting that much weight.
While he be might the bigger, stronger and more powerful guy at middleweight, his cardio and durability will most likely be impacted by how big of a cut it is. There's pros and cons to that approach.

If he missed weight then I'd be fine with the weight bully claims, but Alex has always been a professional and made weight every single time he's had to step on the scale.

They are winning rounds with their striking. Strickland is scoring points but losing rounds.
So you gelt it was a unanimous decision for a guy that got punched almost 80 times more in the head?

So you thought Kattar lost against Emmett?

Just because you throw harder punches doesn't mean you're winning the fight boss man.

So you gelt it was a unanimous decision for a guy that got punched almost 80 times more in the head?

So you thought Kattar lost against Emmett?

Just because you throw harder punches doesn't mean you're winning the fight boss man.
Whatever dude. I watched the fight.

Strickland was running away the whole time throwing baby jabs. Du Plessis was landing power punches and huge kicks, and he had six takedowns.

I would appreciate it if you didn't condescend to me, sir.

Whatever dude. I watched the fight.

Strickland was running away the whole time throwing baby jabs. Du Plessis was landing power punches and huge kicks, and he had six takedowns.

I would appreciate it if you didn't condescend to me, sir.

After being condescending to everyone in this thread including me.. that's rich.

Whatever works for you sir.

Back