News Khamzat Chimaev shuts down UFC 300 rumors - ‘Not fighting in Ramadan anymore’

At WW?

Also, he arguably (not my contention; but you'll find plenty of people who will argue that here) getting the nod from the judges.

IMO, still a better case for a title shot than Islam had.
Technically he has just a single top 5 win.

Usman was top 5 at 170 but they fought at 185 where he isn't ranked. On a week's notice.

You don't get a top 5 win if you fight outside of the weightclass they're ranked in.

Jon Jones wouldn't get a top 5 win if he dragged O'Malley up to heavyweight and beat him.

Ariel talking out of his ass.

No way in hell Dana and the UFC are going to gamble with the main event of the most hyped card in history. On a guy who can't be trusted to make weight no less, and missed by 10 pounds the last time he tried.

Use some common sense.
They don’t have many options

Hw - Jon injured, aspinall won’t fight gane so there’s no one else
LHW- 301
MW - DDP just fought and not in a hurry to come back
WW - available. Can easily target Leon vs chimeav and just put Belal as the back up fighter
LW - Ramadan
FW - 298
BW - 299
FLW - 301

Adduming this IS at WW......How is Chiamev gonna make 170lbs? Last time he tried that he missed by a MILE and all he had to do was make 171lbs. / 7 / 8 lbs miss or somerthing. And he didn't really care. Ans this time it would be exactly 170lbs on the nose if he wants a shot at the WW belt. So.... F you, Chimaev. Not interested.

Hope Leon declines that opponent.

He belongs to inner circle of a fucking war criminal. Not going to get a visa.
It's so bizzare,Kadyrov's soldiers are killing American and other Western volunteers in Ukraine-Kadyrov used khamzat in a propoganda video after his last fight...

So he's mentioning it could also be 3 other fights as well. This is just throwing shit at a wall.

Khamzat vs Izzy makes way more sense than Leon vs Khamzat. Move it to Abu Dhabi if we must.

Anyways this feels reminiscent of ufc 293, when the UFC did NOT want to resort to Strickland but FINALLY had to.

DDP wants the bank & the UFC doesn't wanna do Izzy vs Strickland 2 so they're trying to resort Leon lol.

People say the UFC doesn't have options, but they do. They just don't want to pay DDP what it takes.

At this point I'll take Leon/Belal just to be done with it & to keep an intriguing division moving. Leon/Khamzat is such a stupid fight that will blow up in their face because Khamzat can't make weight.

I like Khamzat but I don't think he deserves a shot at 170. He fucked up with his weight cut for the Nate fight and it blew up in his face. Why give him a WW title shot when he can't even prove he can make weight or fight in the US. What's the point?

Fake news.

Belal said it's already confirmed that he's fighting Leon. they're just waiting on a date.

At the 52:00 minute mark of the video Dricus doesn't explicitly say he is not up for UFC 300 so we have DDP/Israel or DDP/khamzat as a possibility

At this point as long as its not Leon/Belal I'm fine with it.

there was limited options for this card from day one, to the point they are asking Stipe to fight Aspinall or Alex to move to HW to if Jones can come back.

Like there just aint alot of things they can do. Its either WW or MW at this point and if DDP cant or wont fight in two months they have to do something and they clearly dont want to put Belal in there cause omg that would be a disaster.

Not that Leon/Khamzat is some amazing blow you away main event but in a list of limited options and none of them are you could do worse than Leon/Khamzat.

I still would rather DDP/Izzy if they can make that work but I dont hate Leon/Khamzat.

Back