Possible UFC 300 Main Event

psg15

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So with UFC 300 5 months away, we have already heard Connor most likely won't be fighting on that card.

So I started thinking what champions could and could not possibly headline that card.

Men
HW Champ Jon Jones: 0% chance, out with torn pec.
Interim HW Champ Tom Aspinall: 50-100% chance, he healthy and his last fight would have been in Nov 2023.
LHW Champ Alex Pereira: 50-100% chance, he healthy and his last fight would have been in Nov 2023.
MW Sean Strickland: 25-50% chance, he has a title defense against Dricus du Plessis at UFC 297 at end of Jan, so if he or DDP can get a quick victory then they possible be back by UFC 300.
WW Leon Edwards: 35-50% chance, he has a title defense against Colby Covington at UFC 296 on Dec 16th, if he or Colby can get a quick victory then they possible be back by UFC 300.
LW Islam Makhachev: 5% chance, Ramadan is from March 10th to April 9th and Islam doesn't fight and train during Ramadan, so unless he change his stance I say slim chance of fighting on UFC 300.
FW Alexander Volkanovski: 15-50% chance, he has a title defense against Ilia Topuria at UFC 298 on Feb 17th, if he or Ilia can get a quick victory then they possible be back by UFC 300.
BW Sean O'Malley: 5-50% chance, he has a title defense against Marlon Vera at UFC 299 on March 9th, slim chance of seeing or Marlon fight at UFC 300 but a quick fight plus money can make it possible.
FLW Alexandre Pantoja: 35-50% chance, on same card as Leon with title defense against Brandon Royval and if he or Brandon can get a quick victory then they possible be back by UFC 300.

Women
FW Champ Vacant: 0-100% chance, Amanda vacated when she retired back in June 2023 and they could make a title fight to help UFC 300.
BW Champ Vacant: 25-50% chance, Raquel Pennington and Mayra Bueno Siva are fighting for the vacant title at UFC 297 and its the same card as Sean Strickland and unless either one can get a quick victory then they possible be back by UFC 300.
FLW Alexa Grasso: 50-100% chance, she had the draw with Valentina at UFC FIght Night 227 on September 16th, I know she hurt her hand but her and Valentina could have the trilogy fight on UFC 300 if both of them are healthy.
SW Zhang Weili: 75-100% chance, she dominated Amanda Lemos at UFC 292 back on Aug 19th and she probably would have had plenty time to get ready for a title defense on UFC 300 and there couple title challengers who could get be ready by April if needed.

UFC 300 - Pride revival

So with UFC 300 5 months away, we have already heard Connor most likely won't be fighting on that card.

So I started thinking what champions could and could not possibly headline that card.

Men
HW Champ Jon Jones: 0% chance, out with torn pec.
Interim HW Champ Tom Aspinall: 50-100% chance, he healthy and his last fight would have been in Nov 2023.
LHW Champ Alex Pereira: 50-100% chance, he healthy and his last fight would have been in Nov 2023.
MW Sean Strickland: 25-50% chance, he has a title defense against Dricus du Plessis at UFC 297 at end of Jan, so if he or DDP can get a quick victory then they possible be back by UFC 300.
WW Leon Edwards: 35-50% chance, he has a title defense against Colby Covington at UFC 296 on Dec 16th, if he or Colby can get a quick victory then they possible be back by UFC 300.
LW Islam Makhachev: 5% chance, Ramadan is from March 10th to April 9th and Islam doesn't fight and train during Ramadan, so unless he change his stance I say slim chance of fighting on UFC 300.
FW Alexander Volkanovski: 15-50% chance, he has a title defense against Ilia Topuria at UFC 298 on Feb 17th, if he or Ilia can get a quick victory then they possible be back by UFC 300.
BW Sean O'Malley: 5-50% chance, he has a title defense against Marlon Vera at UFC 299 on March 9th, slim chance of seeing or Marlon fight at UFC 300 but a quick fight plus money can make it possible.
FLW Alexandre Pantoja: 35-50% chance, on same card as Leon with title defense against Brandon Royval and if he or Brandon can get a quick victory then they possible be back by UFC 300.

Women
FW Champ Vacant: 0-100% chance, Amanda vacated when she retired back in June 2023 and they could make a title fight to help UFC 300.
BW Champ Vacant: 25-50% chance, Raquel Pennington and Mayra Bueno Siva are fighting for the vacant title at UFC 297 and its the same card as Sean Strickland and unless either one can get a quick victory then they possible be back by UFC 300.
FLW Alexa Grasso: 50-100% chance, she had the draw with Valentina at UFC FIght Night 227 on September 16th, I know she hurt her hand but her and Valentina could have the trilogy fight on UFC 300 if both of them are healthy.
SW Zhang Weili: 75-100% chance, she dominated Amanda Lemos at UFC 292 back on Aug 19th and she probably would have had plenty time to get ready for a title defense on UFC 300 and there couple title challengers who could get be ready by April if needed.
It'll be Conor vs Costa for the Twitter and Juice belt. Ronda is coming back under the right circumstance to fight Cain for the WWE Intercontinental belt, and Patrick Cummins vs Nick Diaz for the Wolf Ticket belt.

I don’t know. I have a feeling UFC will fumble 300 hard.

<PlusJuan>

Same here. UFC 300 is going to be a media circus but does little to advance the title pictures.

It'll be Conor vs Costa for the Twitter and Juice belt. Ronda is coming back under the right circumstance to fight Cain for the WWE Intercontinental belt, and Patrick Cummins vs Nick Diaz for the Wolf Ticket belt.

<PlusJuan>

Same here. UFC 300 is going to be a media circus but does little to advance the title pictures.

"Wolf Ticket Belt"

You sir are a top poster.

@SG123 tell everyone that Conor will be fighting Musk or Zuckerberg.

Conor pulled out of the Chandler fight to face the winner of Musk-Zuckerberg

<36>

You couldn't be a bigger can if you tried.

HW interim title fight + LHW title fight + WMMA title fight will be good enough.

it's gonna suck can't think of anything they will do for it that is legit

Brock vs DC in a special attraction match. Both have been away for YEARS. Should be fun. Both will get paid handsomely. Or Brock vs Fedor. That would be even bigger.

Brock vs DC in a special attraction match. Both have been away for YEARS. Should be fun. Both will get paid handsomely. Or Brock vs Fedor. That would be even bigger.

Why do you hate DC like that?

Whatever did happen to that match? Just remembered it was expected and hyped at one point.

I don't think this is how % odds are calculated

Whatever did happen to that match? Just remembered it was expected and hyped at one point.
They have a perfect chance to do it now. I think they're cutting usada first thing in 2024. So by ufc 300 it shouldn't matter. It will go back to the old way of just letting the athletic commissions deal with it. That does mean Brock will have to test clean tho prior to his fight. If I'm DC, or Fedor or whoever fighting Brock, make sure he pisses clean on fight night. For God's sake.

Obligatory reminder that UFC 200 was headlined by Miesha Tate fighting on a piss-stained mat.

This proposed 'pattern' of a '00 card necessarily being epic was already strangled in its crib.

It's going to be izzy vs poatan 3.

There are not really any other "big fight" opportunities at present.

The UFC will move a gigantic sack of cash izzy and alex's way to make it happen.

Back