Rumored Tom Aspinall vs Alex Pereira for UFC 300 main event? *MERGED*

Would this fight be worthy to headline UFC 300?

• Total voters
Lol "rumored", incoming BS 15 page thread based off a cryptic IG post not even mentioning Aspinall.

View attachment 1018924
20 pages and counting.
You said Tom has a reach advantage. He verifiably does not. It just highlights that you're not doing even 2 seconds of critical analysis here.

There's also plenty of evidence of lhw power carrying over well to heavyweight. Rumble Johnson as an example. Ryan Bader. Many more. You're insane If you think one of the consensus heaviest punchers ever in mma at lhw, doesn't have power to rival a heavyweight.
If you look deeper in the thread, there are also people saying Tom is actually faster than Periera, too. Honestly, it will go down as a historical question why Tom Aspinall with such prowess didn't become the kickboxing, boxing, and checkers champion of the world before deciding to fight in the UFC. Sherdog makes it so easy to like a fighter and dislike their fans in almost a heartbeat.

{<huh}
Alex's reach is 79
Tom's reach is 78

You're just saying shit without critically analyzing the fight and considering if its actually true or not.

Nowhere in my post did I favor Alex to win, I just think it would be a good fight.

Tom verifiably does not have a reach advantage. Tom is super fast for a HW, but I don't think he has a speed advantage of Pereira, who has lightning fast calf kicks and a left hook. Pereira is known for having crazy power at 185 and 205. I think the power of each is pretty comparable. I'd have a hard time making a convincing case for either having the power advantage. Now Tom absolutely has a size, strength and grappling advantage, and because of those things I'd favor Tom to win. But I think the fight is way more intriguing if you actually critically analyze the matchup. I could see a reality where Alex lands 2 or 3 nasty calf kicks in the opening minute and shuts down one of Tom's legs, then Tom, unable to move, gets caught by a crushing left hook.
Oh please fuck off. You honed in on one lazy supposition on my part regarding their comparative reaches (admittedly) but my point remains that Aspinall has the overwhelming advantage as pointed out by most on here.

Of course yes Poatan has great kicks and he could take out Aspinall and render him ineffective should he land a few. But ON BALANCE the odds are in favour of Aspinall winning by pretty much how he wants.

Please don’t @ me LOL

I haven't been this sold in a HW in a long time. Tom floors him.

The problem is it's over an interim title. They really need to strip Jones to give this fight more meaning.

Sure, that would make it better, but despite that I'd still say it's worthy. That's just me though.

Last edited:
It fits the established pattern of 300 though.

Of all the fights on the card, only Weili vs Yan has any divisional relevance whatsoever.

Every other fight is just thrown together, makes no sense, and does nothing for either fighter. Especially on the maincard.

It's okay for fights to simply be entertaining.

The BMF fight is fun and for the BMF belt which is a legit thing.

If HW headlines it... Tom is/will be the undisputed champ because the jones/stipe is the fight that means nothing to the division unless the winner unifies instead of retires.

#1 contender fight for LW in Oliveira vs Tsarukyan

#2 contender fight in LHW between rakic and jiri

Several good bangers...

Damn, looks like Pereira will finally have to face a decent wrestler next. Ankalaev, Jones or Aspinall.

RIP

Back