Rumored Tom Aspinall vs Alex Pereira for UFC 300 main event? *MERGED*

Would this fight be worthy to headline UFC 300?

• Total voters
Aspinall SMOKES Pereira. In the standup. Wont even need to grapple. First round knockout probably.

Stand up? You must be joking.

Doesn't matter, he won't keep it standing for long for us to find out I reckon
Yeah, standing.

I get it that weight classes don't impact striking as much, but Pereira was cutting to MW almost one year ago and Aspinall is a 260lbs legitimate athlete HW. It's a major physical mismatch.

Yeah, standing.

I get it that weight classes don't impact striking as much, but Pereira was cutting to MW almost one year ago and Aspinall is a 260lbs legitimate athlete HW. It's a major physical mismatch.
Tom's striking looks very good against HW's he outpaces by margins.
Poatan would be the first time he's fighting someone faster than himself. It would be a much better stand up fight than people give it credit for. Poatan walks around 230, which is small for HW. I think Tom subs him inevitably, but I vehemently disagree that he smokes the best striker the UFC has ever had standing lol. I'd be rooting for Poatan to make history as the first ever 3 division champion.

Poatan would be the first time he's fighting someone faster than himself. It would be a much better stand up fight than people give it credit for. Poatan walks around 230, which is small for HW. I think Tom subs him inevitably, but I'd be rooting for Poatan to make history as the first ever 3 division champion.
Poatan isn't faster than Aspinall lol.

Aspinall isn't "fast for a HW" he is fast full stop. He would be one of the fastest guys at 185. Have you even watched him fight? The fact that he IS a HW makes his speed even more freakish and impressive.

He has faster hands AND faster feet than Poatan.

Aspinall isn't "fast for a HW" he is fast full stop. He would be one of the fastest guys at 185. Have you even watched him fight? The fact that he IS a HW makes his speed even more freakish and impressive.

FUEoKtsVUAAiSqb.jpg

Izzy is a freakishly fast MW in his own right and Pereira tracked him down and even had better footwork.

Aspinalls big skill is his size and yhe fact he takes angles so quickly but against a guy with floating footwork like Pereira those easy angles wouldn't be there. Win or lose Aspinall would need to solve mote Riddels than Pereira would (standing). Sadly a blast double could end that chess match pretty quickly

Izzy is a freakishly fast MW in his own right and Pereira tracked him down and even had better footwork.

Aspinalls big skill is his size and yhe fact he takes angles so quickly but against a guy with floating footwork like Pereira those easy angles wouldn't be there. Win or lose Aspinall would need to solve mote Riddels than Pereira would (standing). Sadly a blast double could end that chess match pretty quickly
We aren't talking about technique though, we are talking about speed.

Poatan causes problems for anybody on the feet because he's a world class striker. That goes without saying.

Poatan isn't particularly fast and Izzy has fast feet but his hands aren't fast at all. Whe he gets lured into boxing exchanges he gets beaten to the punch fairly often.

Pure speed Aspinall has Pereira beat and it isn't particularly close.

Pereira didnt use speed to track Izzy down. He used his size/cage presence and technique to cut the cage off. Periera is a very slow guy. Lets not forget Izzys hand speed almost put him out in the first round of the first fight and DID put him flat out in the second fight. Aspinall would have a massive size, strength AND speed advantage. Even a power advantage. Without even mentioning his grappling advantage. He walks through Alex.

Stupid fight. I hope it doesn't happen. If it does, Alex gets brutally KOed in the first. Tom is too fast, hits too hard, and Alex's D just isn't the best with the small gloves.

lol poatan is like a statue fighting in MW

tom is actually legit moves faster than poatan even though hes a HW
posting memes doesnt make you a genius
"He looked slow against the fastest MW of the era, he must be slow against HWs!"
Now I see why you are generally reviled as a poster here lol

Poatan would be the first time he's fighting someone faster than himself. It would be a much better stand up fight than people give it credit for. Poatan walks around 230, which is small for HW. I think Tom subs him inevitably, but I vehemently disagree that he smokes the best striker the UFC has ever had standing lol. I'd be rooting for Poatan to make history as the first ever 3 division champion.

.....no way in the blue hell is pereira faster than aspinal.

Perreira is kinda chinny now, he can't take HW punches sorry to say. Much bigger fan of Poatan, but he'd get slept.

Back